Most expensive defenses of 2022

57 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

cj had a good season last year - lost within the wreckage of the overall defense - is he worth 18m a year? not to this team probably but to say he’s a shell of his former self is just silly - do better ok?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Some truth to this. At times he he certainly  looked like he lost a step, yet hard to tell on a defensive that bad. But a shell? That’s silly. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lith said:

4 guys account for half that number - $56M: Mosley ($17.5M), Lawson ($15.3M), JFM ($12.5M) and Quinnen ($10.5M)  Would llike to see these guys earn their money this year.

And some people here don’t think the Jets will try to get a LB in their first 4 picks. Replacing CJ Mosley by 2023 is priority 1B for the D right after Edge rusher IMO.

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

lol......its funny to remember the mets still have to pay that guy until 2035

I read somewhere that the Mets did similar deals with Strawberry ($1.6 million/yr) and Saberhagen ($250k/yr) which I didn't realize.  Friggin' Wilpons...

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And some people here don’t think the Jets will try to get a LB in their first 4 picks. Replacing CJ Mosley by 2023 is priority 1B for the D right after Edge rusher IMO.

Don't lose sight of Q.  He's due big money pretty soon and he's another Macc guy.  I could see them going the Leonard Williams route with him and drafting a DT early as well...

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Don't lose sight of Q.  He's due big money pretty soon and he's another Macc guy.  I could see them going the Leonard Williams route with him and drafting a DT early as well...

So repeat the same mistake the Jets have made twice by doing it again, taking a  decent to JAG DT (or safety)ridiculously too high and then being faced with having to either overpay to keep him or draft that same slot all over again?. I believe that is the definition of insanity.  You can sign a decent JAG DT or (safety) off the street for comparative pennies 

13 hours ago, Team archer said:

Would note what a great job Bills defense did in the AFC title game, and the Chargers did in a do or die Week 17 game vs. the Raiders.As an aside, have a loon cousin who I was hanging with in Vegas that night who had serious cheddar on LVR and was very happy Chargers defense shat themselves.  The game is designed for defenses to fail. Get to the QB, and cover, and hang on even in the best of circumstances. And score points. 

GET F__IN' DEEBO. 

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So repeat the same mistake the Jets have made twice by doing it again, taking a  decent to JAG DT (or safety)ridiculously too high and then being faced with having to either overpay to keep him or draft that same slot all over again?. I believe that is the definition of insanity.  You can sign a decent JAG DT or (safety) off the street for comparative pennies 

I hear you, but when you look at salaries, top DT's make similar money to top LT's.  So there is incentive to keep picking them high in the draft...

This 
What's even worse is that some here still think he's good.. he's a liability in the modern  nfl. Send him back to the 80s and he can stuff Otis Anderson 30 times a game and get in the pro bowl..

wrong just wrong - mosley is still a good and effective player - not worth the contract but still a good player

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

JDs fault that a player gets hurt.. classic jets fan nonsense. Was it the Bengals GMs fault that he drafted Joe Burrow and he tore his acl? Probably should have fired that gm on the spot.

The Jets lead the league in excuses 

JD signed a guy who tore two acls in Lawson to huge money and that's on him 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

DT's are actually pretty important, just not important enough to justify taking repeatedly when you already have one on board and huge needs elsewhere. Having one highly drafted DT is perfectly fine as a lot of good teams have seen - Donald, Vea, Heyward are huge parts of elite defences that essentially make teams one dimensional. 

It's also has become a need for the Jets for the first time in a long time given the state of our run defence. I think Jets fans became so accustomed to quality play at DT that we forgot what it was like to be pushed around like rag dolls as happened often last year. I didn't forget D-Rob though, not by a long stretch. 

Unlike all of our other first round picks Quinnen has been appalling against the run, which is why I wouldn't even consider paying him. I'd have actually preferred to keep Fatukasi and let Q walk. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

wrong just wrong - mosley is still a good and effective player - not worth the contract but still a good player

Nah, he's pretty horrible. Can't cover anyone in a pass happy league.  Jets would literally give him away if they could. 

JD can't wait to cut him after this season. 

14 hours ago, Team archer said:

So which WR is actually worth 1/4 to 1/3 of your defense at 30 mill per? I'm going with none to be honest; particularly with the more spread out offenses that are being ran. It's a position I would use the money ball concept for. You need multiple (3+) good wrs, as opposed to one great one. Particularly when injuries can and will occur.

• Upvote 2