One Week Out - NFL Draft Bold Predictions

One week away from the draft, let’s hear your bold predictions (ones that cut against conventional thinking) for the NFL Draft.  I’ll start:

1) Travon Walker is not a top 5 pick

2) George Pickens is a 1st round pick, and will go higher than Olave, Dotson, & Watson

3) Desmond Ridder is the 3rd QB off the board (ahead of Matt Corral) and is a 1st round QB.

4) Justyn Ross will go higher than people think (no later than round 2)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

I predict I will probably not agree with the direction JD goes.

-No WR in the first three rounds.

-No RB at all.

-No TE at all.

Defense-Heavy, Offense-Light, miss on top 2 edges (picked ahead of us), Safety is picked at #4, lots of "huh, who is that?" type picks with guys we (fans) all love sitting available in the 2nd and beyond.

Just a feeling, JD is going to zig when we all think he's going to zag.  Hope I'm wrong tbqh.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

-No RB at all.

-No TE at all.

Defense-Heavy, Offense-Light, miss on top 2 edges (picked ahead of us), Safety is picked at #4, lots of "huh, who is that?" type picks with guys we (fans) all love sitting available in the 2nd and beyond.

Just a feeling, JD is going to zig when we all think he's going to zag.  Hope I'm wrong tbqh.

I tend to agree with all of this other than WR.  It's absolutely essential, maybe something happens that he doesn't take one at 10, but I can't imagine not grabbing one with the next pick.

I do agree with everything else you said...a lot of the "huh" kinda stuff is what I'm seeing right now.

31 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

One week away from the draft, let’s hear your bold predictions (ones that cut against conventional thinking) for the NFL Draft.  I’ll start:

1) Travon Walker is not a top 5 pick

2) George Pickens is a 1st round pick, and will go higher than Olave, Dotson, & Watson

3) Desmond Ridder is the 3rd QB off the board (ahead of Matt Corral) and is a 1st round QB.

4) Justyn Ross will go higher than people think (no later than round 2)

I like these in that they're "bold" but seem very possible.

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

-No RB at all.

-No TE at all.

I wouldn't worry too much about the WR thing, honestly - they have had pre-draft visits with too many WRs who will almost definitely go in the first two rounds.. Add that to how active they have been in trying to acquire a WR via trade and I think you can bet money they take a WR in the first two rounds. 

1. Jets will trade #4 to New Orleans and pick up an extra first rounder.  The structure of a trade might already be in place

2. At #10, Jets will either take London or J Williams to give Zach a potential #1

3. At #16, Jets will take the highest Edge remaining on their board

4. At #19, Jets will take the highest LB remaining on their board

5. Then it’s Breece Hall

6. Then it is OT to wrap up round 2

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. Jets will trade #4 to New Orleans and pick up an extra first rounder.  The structure of a trade might already be in place

2. At #10, Jets will either take London or J Williams to give Zach a potential #1

3. At #16, Jets will take the highest Edge in their board

4. At #19, Jets will take the highest LB in their board

5. Then it’s Breece Hall

6. Then it is OT

Love this.

28E82BB5-A8E6-4033-AFD3-0A4CEFF91A6C.jpeg

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Warfish said:

-No RB at all.

-No TE at all.

nightmare scenario

36 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

3. At #16, Jets will take the highest Edge on their board

4. At #19, Jets will take the highest LB on their board

5. Then it’s Breece Hall

I completely retract my statement.  I did not see this was the bold predictions thread.  That is exactly where this belongs.  Duh.

• Upvote 1

1) The Jags will take Ickey #1 overall - I will guess that Doug Peterson has enough pull within that organization to prioritize protecting his franchise QB over taking another edge rusher. 

2) The Texans will take Thibs. 

3) The Falcons will trade for Deebo

4) We will take Jermaine Johnson at 4 and our favorite WR at 10 (who I will guess is Jameson Williams)

21 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

3. At #16, Jets will take the highest Edge on their board

4. At #19, Jets will take the highest LB on their board

5. Then it’s Breece Hall

I'm not a fan of London and Williams' injury scares me. I'd prefer Wilson or even Olave at 10- thats just me. But I love the idea of trading #4 for 16 and 19. I assume the Saints would hop all the QB needy teams and draft Malik Willis? 

At 16 you could probably see an Edge like Karl. go to the Jets. I would not mind that. Or maybe JD rolls the dice on Ojabo? I think the other guys- Thib., Hutch, Walker, JJ will be gone. 

If we are talking about top LB at 19 I want Lloyd and only Lloyd that high. He is a monster. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

-No RB at all.

-No TE at all.

Can't see any chance we don't draft a WR unless we make a big trade beforehand. Douglas has told the world he doesn't trust this group and certainly doesn't want Davis as his #1. I think we probably get one early in the 2nd at the latest.