JD + Rex Hogan Pre Draft Press Conference (4/21/22)

Grandy

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

No spin needed. He gonna put up or not Come august.. crying in April is pointless .

He's making a statement with his actions.

If CJ Mosley skipped, no worries.

If you were injured all offseason after showing up out of shape and are well aware of the narrative about being a lazy bust -- why aren't you there? It's a choice, and it sends a message.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That draft class is starting to look like perhaps the worst in Jets history.

What do we have form it?  Hall at CB in the 5th?  And......pretty much nothing else if Becton is a bust now as well.

Woeful class.

You'd have to sell me that it was even our worst in the last decade. 

2014 we had 12 picks and I think only Calvin Pryor and Enunwa started for us.  Dozier was halfway decent where he was selected.   Trevor Reilly too, but I don't give credit for drafting a 26 year old special teams LB.   

2016 we got 3 years of subpar play out of the tiny linebacker.  Beyond that we had Jenkins, Shell and a punter.  I guess Juston Burriss is still in the league, but he didn't finish his rookie deal and only started 2 games for the Jets. 

The 2018 draft was a horror show in terms of what the Jets got out of it - Darnold, Shepherd and Fatukasi?  I guess if you judge it based on picks back (2, 4 +6 for Darnold, 4 for Herndon +6) it is okay but nobody moved the needle playing for the team. 

Not in love with 2017 either. Adams, Maye and a bunch of guys who never saw the field, but can't complain about the return on investment for Adams.   

2012 is certainly a contender too

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If you were injured all offseason after showing up out of shape and are well aware of the narrative about being a lazy bust -- why aren't you there? It's a choice, and it sends a message.

Because he is what he is. The Jets have already moved on here. Jocksniffing former players now in the media insinuating the fans shouldnt care shouldnt shape the narrative. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What narrative will be changed in april? Him being here changes nothing . Y’all would still be calling him a lazy bust. Mims is there is he no longer bust to anyone? 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

No spin needed. He gonna put up or not Come august.. crying in April is pointless .

No one is crying.  Just pointing out that this choice falls in line with a series of data points which make it hard to be optimistic this guy isn’t just about finished here.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

No one is crying.  Just pointing out that this choice falls in line with a series of data points which make it hard to be optimistic this guy isn’t just about finished here.

Guess we will see in 7 days.  I personally doubt there trading him this season. But we will see.

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who can we sucker into trading for Becton?  New orleans needs a LT

yeah but they could draft Penning or Green at 16 or 19.

thats the problem with this draft, there are alot of good OT in it and i rather have a rookie then a guy who the Jets think is a bust after 2 years. besides they have one of the best OT in Ramczyk and Peet at the other. they dont need a OT.

if JD wants to play meaningful games in December, then he has to draft meaningful guys. lets hope he has finally figured out that guys who score TDs and guys who stop people from scoring TDs win football games not OL

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Guess we will see in 7 days.  I personally doubt there trading him this season. But we will see.

I don't know if they'll trade him, as his cost is low-ish and his return on a trade would be minimal, but the guy gives you absolutely nothing to like about him, and if my opinion on the matter is worthless (sure), just look at how Saleh has spoken about him.  Hate's a strong word, but have you watched the pressers?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I don't know if they'll trade him, as his cost is low-ish and his return on a trade would be minimal, but the guy gives you absolutely nothing to like about him, and if my opinion on the matter is worthless (sure), just look at how Saleh has spoken about him.  Hate's a strong word, but have you watched the pressers?

Saleh last PC was pretty positive about becton. Probably because he wants a edge at 4. Definitely was more positive than any point last season.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

That draft class is starting to look like perhaps the worst in Jets history.

What do we have form it?  Hall at CB in the 5th?  And......pretty much nothing else if Becton is a bust now as well.

Woeful class.

I don't like Douglas, but its tough to beat the Idzik 12 in 2014 as the worst class ever. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

This

Saleh went as far as he could go without making headlines. I was actually taken aback by what he said about Becton. I don't think he's a big fan . . . 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I have to agree.  Why couldnt he just bring one of these trainers or whatever with him?  They're at the facility for like 2 hours a day, no?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I have to agree.  Why couldnt he just bring one of these trainers or whatever with him?  They're at the facility for like 2 hours a day, no?

Duke isnt going anywhere man got all elite Olineman from old to young in his facility. Wirfs, Armstrong , Slater to name a few

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I guarantee Becton staying in Dallas was with the consent and approval of the Jets. No need to interrupt his rehab and he can participate by zoom in any meetings. Why interrupt his efforts to get into game shape? I mean that is what most seem to complain about. How in the world does a trip to NJ away from his nutritionist and trainer serve the Jets goals with Becton? 

IMO JD needs to see Becton in camp before the draft just to see if he's under 400 lbs.

Is Becton in such bad shape that he can't take a week away from his grueling rehab to show JD, Saleh and his teammates that he's working hard. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I don't like Douglas, but its tough to beat the Idzik 12 in 2014 as the worst class ever. 

shows the problem when GMs and coaches don't overlap.  He was also drafting Mims and Perine for a different system.  Bechton as well.  sh*tty draft class overall, but I am judging him now by the 21 and 22 drafts, where he and Saleh are on the same page.  No more excuses.

• Upvote 1

I hear Becton's wife is 37 weeks pregnant.  

Tough call to be in NY and have to get back to Texas to miss your baby being born.

Honestly, I wouldn't go either.  He's still training, no biggie here.

I was pissed at first hearing this news, but now that I know about the baby I'm cool.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

People let their bias affect their judgment.  I thought the whole "Mims needs to learn the route tree" thing was JD/Saleh BS covering for something more sinister.  Truth is, Mims really didn't know the route tree and sucked when he saw the field.  Now JD/Saleh are telling everyone that things are fine with Becton.  And 75% of the posters here are losing their mind that he is not there for voluntary workouts?

Can't have it both ways.  Either you believe what they say or you don't.  I choose to believe them...

• Upvote 2

What EXACTLY was Bectons injury, I for one have not seen one definite diagnosis of what the problem was I've seen many comments about it.

Using 'rehab' as an excuse now is bizarre to me.  What is he rehabbing at this point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

What EXACTLY was Bectons injury, I for one have not seen one definite diagnosis of what the problem was I've seen many comments about it.

Using 'rehab' as an excuse now is bizarre to me.  What is he rehabbing at this point.

dislocated knee cap

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jd did not say anything about him rehabbing. That word was used by ralph in his tweet only. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

dislocated knee cap

With an arthroscopic procedure...which is why the timetable was short and why everything never made sense after the injury. His whole career to date hasnt made a terrible amount of sense tbh. Missed the entire offseason last year, coming off a season where he took himself out of games. 

• Upvote 1