Odds of Icky at 4 just increased dramatically

2 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

saw a similar report about kadarius toney on the giants. I shrugged my shoulders and said who cares, it's mid april voluntary practice. I'll say the same for Becton. But he better show up to camp under 350lbs.

One would think that if you’re already on thin ice with the coaching staff, you’d show up to the workouts. Becton is lazy and stupid. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

One would think that if you’re already on thin ice with the coaching staff, you’d show up to the workouts. Becton is lazy and stupid. 

Not showing up for “voluntary” workouts = Lazy and stupid????

okay I guess ?‍♂️

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Still need edge at 4 and WR at 10. We can get a right tackle in the 2nd.

This. 

Tyler Smith, Kenyon Green, Zion Johnson, Sean Rhyan, maybe even Trevor Penning (with a slight trade up) could all be good options, and at least one will drop into the 2nd. 

• Upvote 2

I still can’t see a team that spend the second pick on a QB last year spending the fourth pick this year on a tackle who has questions about his pass protection.

With all of the Ekwonu rumblings it would also annoy me for a pick that isn’t necessarily the most obvious with Fant and Becton on the team to have leaked out. Team needs to keep their intentions quiet. I’d almost be less bothered by Neal for that reason.

All that said, and there’s no way this is the actually case but it popped into my head, how awesome would it be if with all the Becton questions they decided to lean into a tackle smokescreen and told him to stay in Dallas and skip OTA’s to sell it. Not the case, but I wish it was.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

This. 

Tyler Smith, Kenyon Green, Zion Johnson, Sean Rhyan, maybe even Trevor Penning (with a slight trade up) could all be good options, and at least one will drop into the 2nd. 

At least three of those guys project as guards.

• Upvote 1

A shame, too, considering acquiring DeeBo is on the table.

Theoretically, if we didn't need a tackle, I'd rather trade the 10 and keep the day 2 picks - but now needing a tackle, I feel like I need one top ten for an edge player and another for a tackle.

Probably have to go tackle first between those two picks as well.

Meaning we can only offer day 2 picks for Deebo or sacrifice acquiring a pass rusher in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For the record, even if they are considering moving on from Becton, I actually don’t want them to consider a tackle at 4.

I just thought it was an attention grabbing thread title. ?

Your main point though, is spot on. A 3rd year guy who has proven jack sh*t in this league should be at the facility with his teammates to prove he's "all in." Pretty simple.

• Upvote 3

Just now, section314 said:

Your main point though, is spot on. A 3rd year guy who has proven jack sh*t in this league should be at the facility with his teammates to prove he's "all in." Pretty simple.

Yeah optics are a legitimate thing and the optics here are bad.

• Upvote 2

A) Diva mad about having to compete for LT?

B) Diva who thinks he’s too special for the team workouts? 

C) Diva who blames the Jets staff for him showing up to camp out of shape and overweight last year?  

D) Hard working guy who feels like his career is on the line and he’s betting on himself to be so good because he’s working hard that he will be in a better position overcome the bad look of not showing up by working out hard… 

I mean, I’d like for it to be the last scenario… but even that scenario isn’t great and it seems less likely.  

FWIW; everything i hear says the Jets board is #1 Thibs, #2 Ekwonu

Obviously i can't speak to how things will crystalize next week and if arguments are being made to flip that order -- but you can feel pretty confident that it'll be one of the two if available 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

38 + Becton for one of Saints first rounders? 

what makes you think someone wants to give up a 1st for Becton? would you trade a 1 to get Becton right now? 

he is probably worth a 4th. maybe a 3rd if JD gives up another pick going with him.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm fine with that because it means we get KT.

I dont think JD can afford to go with the boom or bust prospect with Thibs. 

It may be Evan Neal if Ickey is gone.  They REALLY need another top notch tackle.  

If Ickey is gone and they dont rate Neal highly enough to fill the need, I expect it will be Sauce or Kyle Hamilton. 

Ickey, Sauce and Hamilton are the three most complete players in the daft.