Odds of Icky at 4 just increased dramatically

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah optics are a legitimate thing and the optics here are bad.

Absolutely, the OL is the tightest unit on every team. They are the tone setters and are truly brothers. Not being here is a big FU to those guys, and they probably wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire at this point.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah optics are a legitimate thing and the optics here are bad.

Players, well adults really in general -- when they don't feel accountable to optics, that's usually indicative of bigger problems.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

what makes you think someone wants to give up a 1st for Becton? would you trade a 1 to get Becton right now? 

he is probably worth a 4th. maybe a 3rd if JD gives up another pick going with him.

Well with 38 youre pegging his value at like a mid second rounder - but yea I'm not sure I'd want to pay that as another team. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bectons wife is 37 weeks pregnant. 

I did not know this. Its weird JD wouldn't just clarify that this was the reason he is missing a workout - but CMG is missing as well b/c his wife apparently just had a baby. 

If Becton's wife is 37 weeks she could deliver anytime - so as much as I'd love to kill him that is a legit excuse to miss a voluntary workout. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I did not know this. Its weird JD wouldn't just clarify that this was the reason he is missing a workout - but CMG is missing as well b/c his wife apparently just had a baby. 

If Becton's wife is 37 weeks she could deliver anytime - so as much as I'd love to kill him that is a legit excuse to miss a voluntary workout. 

Mekhi and his girlfriend announced the pregnancy of their first child on Christmas morning, per the currently with child’s Instagram account.

Kay confirmed she is 20 weeks pregnant and the baby, dubbed by Becton as “Lil ticket,” is due in May 2022.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/12/25/lil-ticket-christmas-miracle-mekhi-becton-girlfriend-expecting/#:~:text=Mekhi and his girlfriend announced,is due in May 2022.

Perfectly reasonable for him to want to be there with his wife at this point. These are voluntary workouts. JD not mentioning this fact could be him smoke screening.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, derp said:

At least three of those guys project as guards.

Most wide-zone RTs should.  

The projections are always “this guy would be a good RT but an ALL-PRO at guard”!

Nobody says a prospect would be an all-pro RT, unless he’s a big fatty who doesn’t have the movement skills to fit the wide-zone offense.

21 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Optics matter. Becton is a typical 23 year old snowflake who get wildly offended because people have the audacity to hold him accountable for how he shows up to work. His job is arguably the most important on the field: protecting the blindside of your franchise QB from killers.

And how did he show up to work last year? Fat and unmotivated. He was a human turnstile in training camp and was beat by a drum multiple times a day by Carl Lawson. He is unreliable, injury prone, and untrustworthy. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.

The only two things I care about are availability and trustworthiness and Becton has done nothing to earn either of those things. He has no right to protect the QB's blindside. Get him off this roster for all I care and use a day two pick on an OT.

Reality Love GIF by Married At First Sight

39 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

saw a similar report about kadarius toney on the giants. I shrugged my shoulders and said who cares, it's mid april voluntary practice. I'll say the same for Becton. But he better show up to camp under 350lbs.

its bad for both of them - toney should be there since they have a new coach.  becton should be there because he missed all last season.  i want to say who cares, its voluntary.  but becton has A LOT to prove and this isn't a good start.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Optics matter. Becton is a typical 23 year old snowflake who get wildly offended because people have the audacity to hold him accountable for how he shows up to work. His job is arguably the most important on the field: protecting the blindside of your franchise QB from killers.

And how did he show up to work last year? Fat and unmotivated. He was a human turnstile in training camp and was beat by a drum multiple times a day by Carl Lawson. He is unreliable, injury prone, and untrustworthy. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me.

The only two things I care about are availability and trustworthiness and Becton has done nothing to earn either of those things. He has no right to protect the QB's blindside. Get him off this roster for all I care and use a day two pick on an OT.

I completely agree. I recall Parcells saying that no matter how voluntary,  he knows where their priorities aren't when the don't show up.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/12/25/lil-ticket-christmas-miracle-mekhi-becton-girlfriend-expecting/#:~:text=Mekhi and his girlfriend announced,is due in May 2022.

Perfectly reasonable for him to want to be there with his wife at this point. These are voluntary workouts. JD not mentioning this fact could be him smoke screening.

But people want to be angry, Barry!!!

• Upvote 2