Odds of Icky at 4 just increased dramatically

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

His wife is 8 months pregnant, she has 4 weeks to go.  The birth of his child is not imminent, so lets clear that up.

I get it's voluntary but optics alone should be reason enough for his agent and him to realize he needed to show up.  Not the optics for the fans but for the Coaching staff and front office.  All who have questioned his heart, work ethic and toughness after last years debacle.  This is not a good look for him, Icky at 4 or Penning at 10 and trade Becton for a 2023 pick.

It must be nice to speak on things u dont know about like you do.  His wife could be high risk. We don’t know anything.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

We need to bring fat shaming back as a society.

The top 10 most common fat-shaming phrases and terms on Twitter in the U.S. are:

Lose weight

Fat ass

Stop eating

Hit the gym

Fat bitch

Fatso

Big boned

Lard ass

Fat boy

Fatty

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He was average during his dallas days . He probably would be worse in modern day football.

I could not possibly disagree with ANYTHING more than I do with this post. His Dallas days were cut short by constant feuding with an owner who just wanted to do it all. You also forget that he went against ownership when he Swapped Bledsoe with Romo. He had a better run than he should have with a middle of the mill team. You are what your record says you are and Parcells is a winner by any standard. 

• Upvote 1

I've still not seen any video of him looking horrible against Lawson last year, just some reports about Lawson looking great from the beat guys and then 10,000 statements of fact on this board that he sucks because of it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

what makes you think someone wants to give up a 1st for Becton? would you trade a 1 to get Becton right now? 

he is probably worth a 4th. maybe a 3rd if JD gives up another pick going with him.

There might actually be a market for a late 1st for Becton.   There are coahes who can actually develop talent in the NFL.   I'm sure there's some great tape on Becton at the NFL level.  LT is a very hard spot to fill with a rookie.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Saleh is going to run this team, he cannot allow guys like Becton and Mims to pimp-smack him for another second. Blood was in the water last year. He needs to step up and slap somebody down right away or he’s gonna be a dead man walking before we get to June 1st. 

image.png.b80ea85cf9bf3661facafd0e308b9977.png

2 minutes ago, Origen said:

I've still not seen any video of him looking horrible against Lawson last year, just some reports about Lawson looking great from the beat guys and then 10,000 statements of fact on this board that he sucks because of it.

Carl Lawson averages five sacks per season.

I have been pounding this drum for months. In the face of strong headwinds here, I have felt Ekwonu is the right choice at #4.

JD’s priority is always OLine. His only starting caliber OT under contract for 2023 is an unreliable injury risk.

Going OT early has been obvious to anybody just willing to look at the Jets situation. 

• Upvote 2

Good, take Ickey. If Becton comes back strong, we have an elite offensive line and we can let Fant walk for a comp pick. Obviously EDGE is a significant need, but there are worse things out there than a top 5 offensive line on paper and the EDGE class is deep. What if Jermaine Johnson is there at 10?

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

His wife is 8 months pregnant, she has 4 weeks to go.  The birth of his child is not imminent, so lets clear that up.

yeah, because all pregnancies work like that, where exactly on the 1st day of the 9th month, the baby just appears... ?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Becton is certainly not doing himself any favors.

Yes it's voluntary, but he's a young player trying to carve out a major role on the team.  It's not just about the workouts.  It's about building camaraderie with your teammates and your training staff.  It's about establishing a winning culture.  It's about familiarizing yourself with the outside zone blocking system, which is something he struggled with in camp last year and is relatively new to him after missing almost the entire year.

Personally, if Hutch and Thibs are gone by the time the Jets pick at #4, I take Ekwonu and don't look back.  He has the potential to be elite, and he's a great locker room leader who lives and breathes football.  He's a culture setter, something Becton is clearly lacking.  With Fant on the last year of his contract, the Jets are much shakier at OT than many fans are willing to admit.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Wrong.  get your facts straight.

She's 37 weeks pregnant...about to pop.  

You do realize that there are 40 weeks in a pregnancy right?  37 weeks means she has 4 full weeks left.  Get your facts straight

• Thumb Down 4

11 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The workouts are voluntary, we don't know why he isn't there whether that is because something else is going on or he didn't feel like it. If your boss says you can come in and work for free on Saturday then how many of us losers here are racing to work to give up our days off? 

NOT the same thing dude. Not even close. 

Even in your scenario, the guys who do show up will get noticed and awarded

18 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

yeah, because all pregnancies work like that, where exactly on the 1st day of the 9th month, the baby just appears... ?

No, but you all are giving him an excuse based on her being "ready to pop".  She's 4 weeks from a due date and I doubt if she put on twitter that she's 37 weeks pregnant that their child's birth is imminent.  Stop giving this grown man an excuse for being fat and lazy.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

AVT and E Moore are the only draft darlings keeping the wheels on Joe's bus... he needs some Ws this year. 

Yep.  And with Becton being a total flake, if Zach Wilson does not make a clear stride forward, this will be JD's last season regardless of contract.

A lot riding on Wilson and this draft for JD.

• Upvote 2

Not a good look for Becton, if and when he shows up he better be able to do everything
the offensive staff wants.  I was against an OT in the first round but I'm warming to 
the idea now.  Having Icky or Neal at RT with Fant and Becton battling for LT would 
give us a big time OLine.  A running game that averages 4+ yards a carry makes Wilson's
job real easy in terms of play action passing