Odds of Icky at 4 just increased dramatically

joe picking him over wirfs was criminal then (most casual fans knew what the pick should be ) now it is just such a terrible look-joe I thought you were a Oline "expert". 

I dont trust Joe to pick a lineman again round one-he proved he cant be trusted to do it correctly

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

joe picking him over wirfs was criminal then (most casual fans knew what the pick should be ) now it is just such a terrible look-joe I thought you were a Oline "expert". 

I dont trust Joe to pick a lineman again round one-he proved he cant be trusted to do it correctly

The Becton pick was a totally unconventional choice.  A team with as many needs as the Jets have can not stand a GM that makes these questionable boom or bust picks at any time in the draft.   JD should be and should have been taking clean picks like Wirfs.  If he takes Thibs with the # 4 pick, my money says JD will be gone by the start of 2023 season.  He's got to make up for Becton in the first round this year one way or the other and he needs to stay away from a potential bust like Thibs.  Clean picks only.  Ickey, Sauce, Hamilton, Neal. Either Ickey or perhaps Neal if Ickey is gone.  And in round two, he should consider doubling up on WR's. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

those that want becton to be "accountable" he should be but so should the guy who picked himi

Joe bombed becton and with mimsy and in another classic case of the fans know better wirfs was the guy then and clearly is now

way to go joe

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

There might actually be a market for a late 1st for Becton.   There are coahes who can actually develop talent in the NFL.   I'm sure there's some great tape on Becton at the NFL level.  LT is a very hard spot to fill with a rookie.

yeah but a 1st is alot for a developmental player. especially one that just miss the whole season. you dont even know if he will be alright before you see him on the field. 

the biggest red flag is that the Jets want to get rid of him after 2 years.

funny that you said LT his a hard spot to fill with a rookie but if we trade Becton and draft his replacement that is exactly what we will do.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

The Becton pick was a totally unconventional choice.  A team with as many needs as the Jets have can not stand a GM that makes these questionable boom or bust picks at any time in the draft.   JD should be and should have been taking clean picks like Wirfs.  If he takes Thibs with the # 4 pick, my money says JD will be gone by the start of 2023 season.  He's got to make up for Becton in the first round this year one way or the other,  Either Ickey or perhaps Neal if Ickey is gone.  And in round two, he should consider doubling up on WR's. 

and a terrible pick which is deeply concerning considering that is supposed to be his area of expertise .... Many on this very board were clamoring for wirfs(rightly so)

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He wont do it but instead of praying a slow USC receiver works or an undersized OSU receiver just take the sure thing in Breece Hall at 10 because he wont be there on day 2. Hall will be the best offensive player from this draft and an immediate impact player for the Jets, who need to immediately start winning. Forget the outside noise for once.

bookmarked. 

Breece brings nothing overly unique or captivating to the table. Leonard Fournette (the nfl version) 2.0

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

and a terrible pick which is deeply concerning considering that is supposed to be his area of expertise .... Many on this very board were clamoring for wirfs(rightly so)

I was adamant that they stay away from Becton.  I had a bad feeling that JD was going to make that pick, and he did.  I was past disgusted and on to being amused. 

45 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

because he doesn’t have real life game tape vs elite pass rushers in this league  and more than holding his own. 

Fabulously gifted player, but it appears that he’s not buying in to what Saleh is selling here. We all talk about getting Zach Wilson what he needs to develop, but the same holds true for Saleh. If Becton is going to be a high maintenance project, it’s easier to just cut bait and go get another right tackle prospect. And considering the flashes Becton has shown, they could probably get a pretty decent return for him. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fabulously gifted player, but it appears that he’s not buying in to what Saleh is selling here. We all talk about getting Zach Wilson what he needs to develop, but the same holds true for Saleh. If Becton is going to be a high maintenance project, it’s easier to just cut bait and go get another right tackle prospect. And considering the flashes Becton has shown, they could probably get a pretty decent return for him. 

They got a 6 for Blake Cashman, and he can stand at midfield without his ass sticking out of bounds.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think becton is gone one way or another.  In fact i can see him being traded next Friday.

51 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ok so what about the guys that did show up? What does that tell you about them? With all the speculation going on around him you'd think he would show up and prove us all wrong but no he wants to eat juju beans and play call of duty

Who cares? It's voluntary.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

The Becton pick was a totally unconventional choice.  A team with as many needs as the Jets have can not stand a GM that makes these questionable boom or bust picks at any time in the draft.   JD should be and should have been taking clean picks like Wirfs.  If he takes Thibs with the # 4 pick, my money says JD will be gone by the start of 2023 season.  He's got to make up for Becton in the first round this year one way or the other and he needs to stay away from a potential bust like Thibs.  Clean picks only.  Ickey, Sauce, Hamilton, Neal. Either Ickey or perhaps Neal if Ickey is gone.  And in round two, he should consider doubling up on WR's. 

Gardner and Hamilton are not worth early first round picks on this team. They both play positions that do not justify high picks in today's NFL and even more so in Saleh's defense.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Gardner and Hamilton are not worth early first round picks on this team. They both play positions that do not justify high picks in today's NFL and even more so in Saleh's defense.  

Not sure about that... Especially, Sauce.

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Never heard of Bonchon before, but now that I have and know what it is, I must have it.

If you haven't had it before you should definitely give it a try.  It's not healthy though (double fried) so make it only an occasional treat.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

you mean cause he got hurt he is not buying in? that doesn't make sense. What are you talking about. Becton is going to be fine as long as he shows up to camp ready to go. I for one am not ready to give up on a very promising player that has done nothing but run into a little hardship with injury and the realization that the NFL is for grown men. Him having a personal trainer in the offseason is a direct response to have issues with weight last year. Glad to see him taking it seriously this year. I think you will be very surprised by Becton and him buying in

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you haven't had it before you should definitely give it a try.  It's not healthy though (double fried) so make it only an occasional treat.

Nearest one is like an hour away from me, lol. Might have to make the drive one of these days.

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

um any truth to the fact that he wife is very pregnant and he is spending time with her before the season starts and that he is working with hi personal trainer to make sure he is able to complete his off season schedule in time for camp, on stronger and better shape than ever? or is it just Becton was a terrible pick and everyone knows it SOJF comments today?

Jesus. Guys he got hurt, it sucked but injuries happen. This is a guy who had a great rookie season got hurt and will play this season god willing. Perhaps we could turn down the histeria and realize that we are in voluntary part and that he is in contact with the team and they understand his situation and in all likely scenarios have explained how important this season is for him. 

Maybe, just maybe we don't need to trash him when he had don't nothing bad as a member of the Jets other than getting injured which is not his fault.

Im just saying lets not hang the kid out to dry just yet. Maybe wait to mini camp starts a bit to see if he is overweight, no show etc...

Some of these comments are just ridiculous. I mean this revisionist history of oh he was a trash pick? are you seriously going to pretend that Becotn was not seen as a mountain of a man that could stabilize the line when he was drafted. it  was not some crazy pick it was just a pick. One that we don't know if will work out yet. but certainly seems like it will.

one day the mekhi becton type of orca will no longer be on this football team

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

you mean cause he got hurt he is not buying in? that doesn't make sense. What are you talking about. Becton is going to be fine as long as he shows up to camp ready to go. I for one am not ready to give up on a very promising player that has done nothing but run into a little hardship with injury and the realization that the NFL is for grown men. Him having a personal trainer in the offseason is a direct response to have issues with weight last year. Glad to see him taking it seriously this year. I think you will be very surprised by Becton and him buying in

Hot Take:

Braxton Berrios does more for the Jets in 2022 than Mehki Becton.