Pauline likes eggplant parm. Sez area scouts OK, problem is Douglas & Saleh get hard ons after going to SR Bowl and Combine

Basically the usual stuff. Jets have many local scouts that have been around since Tannenbaum/Idzik. Coaches can fall in love with players who are on their best behavior at the Senior Bowl practices and disregard the scouts who have compiled two years of notes and conversations with college coaches.

• Upvote 1

The 26:50 mark on is some juicy stuff. Pauline echoes the sentiment you hear from literally every NFL analyst who gets asked about Zach Wilson—that he has some flashes but has a ton of deeply terrifying flaws that makes it hard to be optimistic. And then the great question by Costello about why the Jets org haven’t flipped their scouting staff. Pauline seems to get the bulk of his information from these guys during the Senior Bowl/Shrine Bowl, etc, so he obviously wasn’t going to kneecap them, instead saying that the scouts do their work, then the GM and/or coaches toss those reports and pick who they want, which is the definition of dysfunction. Pauline thinks the Jets would take Jermaine Johnson over Thibodeaux, which was also interesting because he preceded it by saying that Thibodeaux is a great talent, but needs “the right coach.” 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The 26:50 mark on is some juicy stuff. Pauline echoes the sentiment you hear from literally every NFL analyst who gets asked about Zach Wilson—that he has some flashes but has a ton of deeply terrifying flaws that makes it hard to be optimistic. And then the great question by Costello about why the Jets org haven’t flipped their scouting staff. Pauline seems to get the bulk of his information from these guys during the Senior Bowl/Shrine Bowl, etc, so he obviously wasn’t going to kneecap them, instead saying that the scouts do their work, then the GM and/or coaches toss those reports and pick who they want, which is the definition of dysfunction. Pauline thinks the Jets would take Jermaine Johnson over Thibodeaux, which was also interesting because he preceded it by saying that Thibodeaux is a great talent, but needs “the right coach.” 

KT is his #1 player in the draft ..

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tony-paulines-big-board-top-players-2022-nfl-draft/

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No slant to this report, lol. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will admit, the fact that Pauline and I have so many similar opinions about this Jets team made me pause for some self-reflection, and also consider whether I was too harsh on Mitt Romney. 

One day, the Jets will be great! And boy, will you be sorry! 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So Thibodeaux is a great talent but the Jets will pass on him because our Coach isn't right.  And, our QB probably isn't right either.  But it doesn't really matter because our scouting department is good... although the GM doesn't listen to them.

Is that basically it?

Let's go Mets?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That’s is an interesting place to click in.  Thanks for that.   I wasn’t going to listen to it all but it’s interesting.  

The analyst I trust more than anyone else says Zach has all the tools and could be the GOAT by the time it’s all done.  

*My most trusted analyst is Hal N of Provo 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Dude seriously?

I’m sure I did something that will, in retrospect, cause me to experience grievous embarrassment and remorse, but my phalanx of social disorders is preventing me from pinpointing what it is in real time. What the hell did I do now?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, docdhc said:

I guess he was surprised you spent 26 minutes and 50 seconds waiting for the good stuff. That shows serious patience or a serious lack of constructive things to do with yourself. 

I kept smashing the fast forward circle until I heard the dulcimer baritone of Tony Pauline’s velvety voice

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

this is a great question - first, is this normal within other organizations?  secondly, why haven't they been changed?  i would think every GM would want to hire their own scouts - especially with the jets being the history of terrible drafting.

this is a great question - first, is this normal within other organizations?  secondly, why haven't they been changed?  i would think every GM would want to hire their own scouts - especially with the jets being the history of terrible drafting.
I thought new scouts were brought in ... I know I remember some player personel guys being brought in.