FaceTime Call Leaks Titans and AJ Brown Negotiation

Stark

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Just last year Davonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle and Elijah Moore all had excellent rookie season and look to be dominant wide receivers for years to come.

And all 3 are 180lbs.

Fair but the Jets already have Elijah Moore. They need a Mike Williams type 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They have that for this year with Corey Davis.  They can address that next offseason after they cut him.

The Jets have 3 nfl caliber wide outs at the moment. Davis, Moore and berrios. That's not enough. Davis is a Y and the other two are Z and A (slot wr and wr4) 

They need that wr 1 X, badly. Corey Davis is a supplementary guy 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Fair but the Jets already have Elijah Moore. They need a Mike Williams type 

It’s like it’s obvious drake London should be the pick but with this bush league level GM idk

drake London was hurt in college though and as you previously stated: JD loves injured players, so he does have that going for him ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Funny. I heard someone on NFL Radio talk about an AJ for Deebo swap between the Titans and the 49ers (just speculation)

I don't see that happening.  I think the Titans legitimately want to keep AJ and I can't see Deebo signing an extension with them that wasn't good enough for AJ.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What gm would want these clowns who are bitching and moaning about money with a year still left on their contract and then calling other clowns who are doing the same thing and airing out how the negotiations are going??

Joe Douglas isnt even thinking about these 2.  Absolute clowns that Joe will want nowhere near a jet locker room.

Long time fan of the "Thank you, Joe Douglas!  Thank you!" thing here (sincerely).  It's been refreshing to have an optimistic schtick here instead of the usual negative and/or trolling ones.

Having said that, you're kidding yourself if you think that JD will be turned off by any WRs that may be trying to shoot their way off their teams.  He confirmed that he tried to trade for a WR who kicked his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and then, after the baby was born, later broke the kid's arm.  (Legal disclaimer: Allegedly)

I think we can expect that JD won't give away a grossly negligent amount of resources to get a top veteran WR, but I'm pretty sure he'll be going down any of those roads should they open up.

I'm definitely leery about Deebo. The chemistry could be awesome with Tomlinson and Lafleur. I'd totally be cool with a trade and paying him the money but it's not without risk.

A guy that flourished as a WR/RB, wants to be paid top dollar but doesn't want to be used as a RB anymore and he's had injuries as well. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm definitely leery about Deebo. The chemistry could be awesome with Tomlinson and Lafleur. I'd totally be cool with a trade and paying him the money but it's not without risk.

A guy that flourished as a WR/RB, wants to be paid top dollar but doesn't want to be used as a RB anymore and he's had injuries as well. 

Im firmly on the keep the picks, draft a receiver and have 4 picks in the top 40.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

With Ny/ New Jersey taxes you need to go well above the 20 million it might cost somewhere else to equal that 20 million per year.

All this talk about taxes rings false a year after a team from LA won it all 

Oh and don't forget those 6 rings from the patriots of taxachussetes 

Free agents not wanting to go to ny is more about the Jets sucking sh*t through a straw for the last decade plus and less about monetary policy 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2