Kadarius Toney is now available

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed, when you attend the Harvard of the SEC, it's very concerning. 

Rich Redneck Swamp Tech. ? 

"The Harvard of....". Does that really mean anything anymore? Is Sante Fe the Harvard of Florida Community Colleges? 

I had a subordinate tell me he got his degree in Fire Investigation "from Eastern Kentucky University, its the Harvard of Fire Investigation". I still laugh. And I'm still showing him how to investigate fires. 

"Harvard of the SEC". Oh, my...

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, mrcoops said:

A guy who was a 1st round pick last year, and who his team is giving up on this year, is probably not someone you want to be adding to your locker room.

And yet teams are going to give us a 1st or 2nd round pick for Becton ... ;-) 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"The Harvard of....". Does that really mean anything anymore? Is Sante Fe the Harvard of Florida Community Colleges? 

I had a subordinate tell me he got his degree in Fire Investigation "from Eastern Kentucky University, its the Harvard of Fire Investigation". I still laugh. And I'm still showing him how to investigate fires. 

Which begs the question:

The Jets are the Harvard of ___ ?

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Who gives two wet sh*ts if Toney has more talent than the bottom dregs of receivers on the roster?

We’re supposed to be making a potential trade for a star, legitimate #1 wideout.

Not some dickhead reclamation project with character and reliability concerns.

If it ain’t Deebo, Metcalf, McLaurin or Brown…then I don’t want ‘em and will take my chances in the draft.

Not even for a lowly 5th or 6th next year?  Also who said getting Toney takes you out the race for any of those guys? People have been clamoring over the years about getting Flash Gordon and he couldn't even put the blunt down for one sec and Toney on the rookie deal isn't appealing at all? Strange...

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I guess you’re probably right. A lot more people agree with you on this than with me. I honestly don’t see how making fun of another team as bad as us would make feel me better though.

It’s like I was a homeless guy making fun of another homeless guy when we’re both sleeping under the same bridge.

So you feel better when you’re crapping all over the team you allegedly root for, instead? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The prestige comes from the selectivity of getting in, not what you learn while you are there. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

lmfao I think Vanderbilt probably would have a say in that claim but they're private, so you kind of have to exclude them from the convo. 

Florida is top 5 public school in the country and just stupid hard to get accepted.  You clearly havent stepped foot in Gainesville in a long time.  Sante Fe is now a state accredited college and the University of Florida campus is by far, not even comparable at all actually, the most diverse campus in the SEC.  Rich Rednecks cant get into Florida, nor do they want to.  They go to FSU or UCF now.

• Haha 1

So… you’re saying even up for Becton works for you?
200.gif

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say but my best guess is Becton is immature like Toney ? If that’s the point you’re making they’re not comparable , Becton is a little sensitive that fans are sh*tting on his work ethic , toney is a legitimate nut-job , he’s like a 98th percentile imbecile in the nfl who legitimately thinks he’s superstar already . Just go look at the guys Twitter . Becton might be sensitive , Toney lives in an alternate universe where he’s tyreek Hill , a misunderstood genius and the best rapper alive at the same time . You can tell that Toney viewed as a weirdo by his teammates while Becton is generally liked by his teammates . A lot of Jet fans put no emphasis on that kind of thing but it matters , a lot .

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Why would the Giants take a WR at 5 or 7? It would be unwise to. They are a hot mess. Their OL is atrocious. At 5 they they are taking Neal or Ekwonu, and one of them better be there for them. And even if not, they’d still have Cross to take. Their CB is leaving as well. Stingley would be a decent pick at 7 since we taking Sauce at 4 ?. They’d be smart just to sign a veteran and grab another WR in round 2 or 3 to replace this wacko. As it stands, the Giants are bad, really really bad. And they are not fixing this team in one draft by taking a WR with a top pick. In fact, I see them being in great position to get the #1 pick in 2023 draft. Daniel Jones is over his head. He’s done. Barkley is now an average back. Who’s close to being as bad? Texans, Falcons, Lions? Nope. Giants are going nowhere fast. They need to establish an OL and DL. Immediately. 2023 Welcome to NJ Bryce Young. 

the last 2 drafts had really good WRs go in the top 34. after that there was maybe one really good guy in each draft taken 2-7. so if you want a WR it would be best to take one in rd 1 especially with 7-8 projected to go in rd 1.

see the Giants are where we were in 2020. our GMs first draft, QB given his last chance and we drafted Becton. we should have drafted Lamb or Jefferson. if you look there were alot of really good WRs taken before Mims. but after him only Mooney taken in rd 4 or 5 was any good. even last year after Moore its just Amon-ra taken in the 4th. imagine how good we would be with Lamb . so why wouldnt they want to take a Lamb type WR. if Jones fails he at least has a year experience for the rookie QB next year. 

so it will be interesting to see if the Giants follow our 2020 draft or leave Neal or Ekwonu on the board and go with CB or Edge at 5 and WR at 7. 

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

the last 2 drafts had really good WRs go in the top 34. after that there was maybe one really good guy in each draft taken 2-7. so if you want a WR it would be best to take one in rd 1 especially with 7-8 projected to go in rd 1.

see the Giants are where we were in 2020. our GMs first draft, QB given his last chance and we drafted Becton. we should have drafted Lamb or Jefferson. if you look there were alot of really good WRs taken before Mims. but after him only Mooney taken in rd 4 or 5 was any good. even last year after Moore its just Amon-ra taken in the 4th. imagine how good we would be with Lamb . so why wouldnt they want to take a Lamb type WR. if Jones fails he at least has a year experience for the rookie QB next year. 

so it will be interesting to see if the Giants follow our 2020 draft or leave Neal or Ekwonu on the board and go with CB or Edge at 5 and WR at 7. 

The Giants are a hot mess.  They have no plan.

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Start we’re not as bad as the Giants.  They’re Idzik bad

I’m not saying they aren’t a mess, they’re in really bad shape. Let’s be honest though… we’re still a doormat, same as them. We have 6 wins in two years.

We are drafting #4 this year, they’re at 5 (and their QB missed half the season) we also have the 10 pick, but they have #7 so really, that’s a wash. Our only “advantage” is cap space… let’s see what we do with it.
The Giants are a disaster after the FA’s they signed last year, and like us their QB situation is based on the hope that the starter can improve to middle of the pack level this year.

16 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

You can't tell me Toney ain't better than Mims, Jeff Smith, or whatever developmental slop the jets have on the depth chart.  Berrios, toney, Moore, Davis, and rookie/vet is  a seriously talented/fast receiving core.  If I'm Joe D, I'm picking up the phone quickly.

Toney is better than all those guys.  He had 420 yards as a rookie as a part-time player with Daniel Jones at QB.  Went off for 189 yards against the Cowboys.

The Giants don't have a clue.  Their management in its current state might be in worse shape than the Jets which is saying something.  Toney probably found out Jones is the QB next year and they aren't drafting anyone.  

Not that the Giants would ever trade with us.  The Maras hate Woody and would hate to trade Toney to us and have him become a good player here even if we gave them something good in return

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not saying they aren’t a mess, they’re in really bad shape. Let’s be honest though… we’re still a doormat, same as them. We have 6 wins in two years.

We are drafting #4 this year, they’re at 5 (and their QB missed half the season) we also have the 10 pick, but they have #7 so really, that’s a wash. Our only “advantage” is cap space… let’s see what we do with it.
The Giants are a disaster after the FA’s they signed last year, and like us they are hoping that their QB improves. As disappointing as Jones has been for them we really can’t say our QB is any better (yet).

We’re a good draft away from being at least decent.  
‘The Giants aren’t close yet, they’re just starting a rebuild.  With a first year GM & HC turning over a roster

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Giants are a disaster after the FA’s they signed last year, and like us they are hoping that their QB improves. As disappointing as Jones has been for them we really can’t say our QB is any better (yet).

Judge ruined Jones.  Look at Jones' rookie year stats versus the following two seasons with judge.  

The Giants are maybe a worse train wreck than we are.  I don't like Daboll.  Think it's a bad hire.  Flores would have been a much better hire.  They've been a rudderless ship since making Coughlin and Eli fall on the sword a few years ago.

If we could get Toney for a middle round pick that would be a steal but I doubt that happens.  

1 hour ago, slats said:

So you feel better when you’re crapping all over the team you allegedly root for, instead? 

This is a strange take, unless you’re just playing to the peanut gallery for a few positive reps. Maybe I missed it, but where did I say I feel better? 
 I don’t understand how you saw “I don’t feel any better about my team being bad because another team is just as bad” and equated that to mean “I feel good that we’re bad…” ?‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

Well they got rid of the hot mess that drafted all these bad or troubled players..

The new regime trying to start fresh is likely a good sign for giants fans. 

Toney is uber talented but was a problem in college, was a problem in camp last year and already a problem this year.  They are smart to get what they can. 

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We’re a good draft away from being at least decent.  
‘The Giants aren’t close yet, they’re just starting a rebuild.  With a first year GM & HC turning over a roster

I agree with you.

If we knock this draft out of the park, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. *fingers crossed*

You and I have both been following this team over 50 years. We deserve one final run with them! ?

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dwight Englewood said:

i hope your right cause if they turn it around in 2 years by drafting skill positions in rd 1 while we are still rebuilding in year 5 by drafting OL in the 1st rd we are going to look horrible.