Kadarius Toney is now available

12 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

All established wr's...not failed rookies too

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

He has 4 years left on a rookie contract. He’s worth the risk of a 3rd or 4th based on talent alone. If it doesn’t work out no big deal

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

i hope your right cause if they turn it around in 2 years by drafting skill positions in rd 1 while we are still rebuilding in year 5 by drafting OL in the 1st rd we are going to look horrible.

The Giants are going to take an OL with either pick 5 or 7.  

Stay patient, don't panic. No WR is worth taking 4th overall, IMO.

Take the top player on your board at 4 (Ekwonu, Sauce, Thib/JJ). If multiple WRs go in the top 9, the Jets will most likely have a great player fall to them at 10 or at the very least they will get one of London, Wilson or Williams. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Stay patient, don't panic. No WR is worth taking 4th overall, IMO.

Especially this year! It's crazy that people are still thinking that should even be a consideration. Even taking a receiver at #10 is probably a reach. I gained a little hope from JD's presser the other day that he will not reach for a receiver at 10 if they don't have one rated as BPA.

He shot down Connor Fish Tank's loaded-answer-within-a-question that it must be best player available at a position of need. No, best player available, period. 

I was high on his talent, but he's turned out to show he's an absolute issue as a person currently.  For a team to give up on you already after a year and that kind of investment says something.  Especially because he's not a scrub, he's very very talented.  

He had issues his first day when he went to practice late and "didnt have cleats". 

As much as I liked his talent coming out, ill take a hard pass on this one. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, doitny said:

i hope so. but the last OL Buffalo took in rd 1 was 2002. they might not value them as much as JD does. very few teams do.

They kept taking Jets cast-offs and having them play well for a few years like Slauson and Ducasse.

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

@Paradis  was right about this guy.  I know when he was being talked up around draft time last year he was rather down on the player.

thanks, and yes he's just not this dynamic weapon people want/wanted him to be. Role/gadget player who you can only afford to manufacture 5-7 touches a game. I would take Shenault over him in a heartbeat. 

Although not every WR i love lives up the pedestal i put them on, it's not often a receiver (or back) i have major concerns with proves me wrong.   

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

lmfao I think Vanderbilt probably would have a say in that claim but they're private, so you kind of have to exclude them from the convo. 

Florida is top 5 public school in the country and just stupid hard to get accepted.  You clearly havent stepped foot in Gainesville in a long time.  Sante Fe is now a state accredited college and the University of Florida campus is by far, not even comparable at all actually, the most diverse campus in the SEC.  Rich Rednecks cant get into Florida, nor do they want to.  They go to FSU or UCF now.

I went to U of MD, UMASS, and the Florida State Fire College. And now getting another damn degree, MPA from sh*tty FAU. ? 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:
No. He also didn't have the best season ever by a Jets WR, so there is that.

Ah ..you mean best statistical season ... gotchya brah.

Even that would be inaccurate.  When you dig into the numbers, Marshall’s 2015 season probably wouldn’t even be top 3 or maybe even top 5.  Marshall was a volume catcher and highly inefficient.

So while his numbers look good from a fantasy perspective, it required way too many targets for him to put up those numbers.  Thus there’s no way it should be put on that kind of pedestal.  

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Pats.  They don't care about character at all.

This spot makes sense. They generally handle poor character players well.  If they keep a similar offense, his short underneath stuff would fit right in and be an extension of there run game. 

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even that would be inaccurate.  When you dig into the numbers, Marshall’s 2015 season probably wouldn’t even be top 3 or maybe even top 5.  Marshall was a volume catcher and highly inefficient.

So while his numbers look good from a fantasy perspective, it required way too many targets for him to put up those numbers.  Thus there’s no way it should be put on that kind of pedestal.  

Nobody cares how he got 1502 yards and 14 TDs. Catching the ball when thrown to you and ending up with 1502 yards and 14 TDs is impressive. It makes it more impressive that he did it with Fitzpatrick as his QB.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Nobody cares how he got 1502 yards and 14 TDs. Catching the ball when thrown to you and ending up with 1502 yards and 14 TDs is impressive. It makes it more impressive that he did it with Fitzpatrick as his QB.  

It matters if you’re going to make the claim that it was the greatest WR season in Jets’ history.