3rd Day Jets Picks (One week from today)

So the debate has been RAGING about 4 and 10. Who we take or if we move them for a player or more picks. 

On Friday we if no trade happens get to see our two top 2nd round picks. We even heard about who we may take at 69 in the 3rd round.

What I haven't heard from is who we take with the 4 picks round 4 and 5. Heck we got Carter in Round 4! Still will be talent left. 

So who do you guys see us getting in the late round picks. AT THE MOMENT we own 111 and 114 in Round 4 and 146 and 163 in Round 5. Nothing after. 

Edge, wide receiver, linebacker, offense line in the first two rounds. Rounds 3-5 We will need to double dip at edge, wide receiver, LB Leaving two pics for RB and DB. 
I agree with trading back and trying to pick up 2 to 3 additional pics. There is a lot of depth in this draft… Let’s continue to increase competition at several positions.

34 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Thanks crush. Def getting pumped about next weekend! Looking forward to it. 

I think JD will use rounds 4-5 to move down a bit, recoup some picks in rounds 6-7 or try and turn some of the later picks into more picks for 2023 in the mid-round range.

THAT SAID.....If you believe any of the mocks out there, I have seen ILB Leo Chenal sitting in the early 4th round.  That would be a pick I would make. 

RB Jamir White would be a good pick there, and I have seen TE Jeremy Ruckert as low as round 4.  I don't think there is ANY way that happens, but I didn't think Aaron Rogers would fall so far down the draft, so....

I think it would be good to see a pick used on some OL to develop.  Never hurts to have depth.  

Alex Lindstrom would be a guy to consider with our 3rd or 4th rounder.  He could sit behind McGovern and replace him in a year.  

David Bell is a solid receiver.  Catches everything and runs great routes, but ran very slow at the combine and his pro day.  He would be a good depth signing. Khalil Shakir is quite fast.  Rounds 4-5 I think would be a good place to find a burner.  Just run, like Robbie Anderson.  Zach can get the ball to a guy like that.  It would then open up the underneath of the field for Moore.  

Could be a good idea to look for a DT if we don't look at the position earlier.  

Should be an interesting week!

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

We need to draft Mosley's replacement this year...

Somewhat agree but was intrigued by the Jets approach to the position last year with Sherwood and Nasirildeen.  Seems to me they are favoring S/LB tweeners who are dropping.  Have size to grow, but maybe a touch slow for a safety.  Seems like the scheme relies more on pressure up front on the line, allowing these tweeners to thump downhill but also have the versatility in coverage.  

The Tariq Carpenters are the type of late-round pick I could see happening. Who else in this draft fits that mold?

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Somewhat agree but was intrigued by the Jets approach to the position last year with Sherwood and Nasirildeen.  Seems to me they are favoring S/LB tweeners who are dropping.  Have size to grow, but maybe a touch slow for a safety.  Seems like the scheme relies more on pressure up front on the line, allowing these tweeners to thump downhill but also have the versatility in coverage.  

The Tariq Carpenters are the type of late-round pick I could see happening. Who else in this draft fits that mold?

Sterling Weatherford. Safety at Miami Ohio, Jets coached him at the Senior Bowl and played him at linebacker. Tested really well too. Just came here to drop his name in, actually, then saw your post.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I would be very happy if we trade back and get extra 4th, 5th or 6th rd picks. IMHO, that is the sweet spot this year. Keep an eye on the Ravens…. they have lots of picks in those rounds.

no im done with that. we did that last year. 

we had three 5th and three 6th rd picks and only came up with MC2 as a starter. we dont need depth we need starters and better players. we should stay where we are and get the best guys we can. this is why the rebuild is taken forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think it would be good to see a pick used on some OL to develop.  Never hurts to have depth.  

Alex Lindstrom would be a guy to consider with our 3rd or 4th rounder.  He could sit behind McGovern and replace him in a year.  

great idea.

draft a OL who can back up Becton and then he could replace him or Fant next year. and the Center position is too important to just throw a rookie out there. i love the idea of drafting one later on and having him learn behind McGovern and he could start next year.

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

So the debate has been RAGING about 4 and 10. Who we take or if we move them for a player or more picks. 

On Friday we if no trade happens get to see our two top 2nd round picks. We even heard about who we may take at 69 in the 3rd round.

What I haven't heard from is who we take with the 4 picks round 4 and 5. Heck we got Carter in Round 4! Still will be talent left. 

So who do you guys see us getting in the late round picks. AT THE MOMENT we own 111 and 114 in Round 4 and 146 and 163 in Round 5. Nothing after. 

I thought we traded Cashman for a 6th rd pick

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Edge, wide receiver, linebacker, offense line in the first two rounds. Rounds 3-5 We will need to double dip at edge, wide receiver, LB Leaving two pics for RB and DB. 
I agree with trading back and trying to pick up 2 to 3 additional pics. There is a lot of depth in this draft… Let’s continue to increase competition at several positions.

What are you doing with Q?  Extension?  If not, you need to start drafting IDL here pretty soon.  

4 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

This smurf LB model is iffy for me.  I'd rather see some 240+ lb type guys who can handle a FB and don't give up 30+ lbs to guys like Andrews, Kelce and Kittle...

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Extension. Kids only 24. 

He's going to want $18-$20 million.  I'm not as sure about him.  He's also one of the few remaining Macc guys.  It would not surprise me to see JD do a Leonard Williams type trade here and reset the clock TBH...

18 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

He's going to want $18-$20 million.  I'm not as sure about him.  He's also one of the few remaining Macc guys.  It would not surprise me to see JD do a Leonard Williams type trade here and reset the clock TBH...

If JD can secure a #1 then maybe I’d be on board but at some point we need to keep our players and I don’t think IDL are commanding much more than $16- $18. Cap keeps going up.