McShay discusses Jets, Draft, Becton, WRs

Very telling take on where Becton ranks among OL over last 3 drafts including’22.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/23/todd-mcshay-previews-2022-nfl-draft-jets-and-giants-needs/

We’ve seen some really, really good offensive tackles enter the draft over the past few years. And the top of this year’s group — N.C. State’s Ikem Ekwonu and Alabama’s Evan Neal — are right in the mix. I gave them matching 93 grades, and they rank Nos. 2 and 3 on my board, respectively. Mississippi State’s Charles Cross isn’t too far behind at No. 15 with a 90 grade. I love Ekwonu’s mauling run-block traits and the power he plays with. Neal has an incredible combination of size, quickness and instincts, and Cross is such an easy mover in pass protection. Here’s how I’d stack the top tackles over the past three classes, based on how I evaluated them at the time they were drafted: 

1. Penei Sewell (2021) 

2. Rashawn Slater (2021) 

3. Ekwonu 

4. Neal 

5. Jedrick Wills Jr. (2020) 

6. Mekhi Becton (2020) 

7. Tristan Wirfs (2020) 

8. Andrew Thomas (2020) 

9. Cross 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I was thinking the same thing. Other things of interest. McShay liking London over Williams at 10 with Wilson gone at 8. 

He would actually take Sauce or Wilson at #4

i rather get Wilson at 4 then not get him at all. if we do that i wouldnt be surprised if that gets teams nervous that they wont get there WR and people start picking them earlier then we expect.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

i rather get Wilson at 4 then not get him at all. if we do that i wouldnt be surprised if that gets teams nervous that they wont get there WR and people start picking them earlier then we expect.

I am in the London camp. I think he is a better fit and would take a flyer of Jameson Williams. Wilson is #3 from my view.

• Upvote 1