Jump to content

List your ideal 9 JETS DRAFT Selections


Paradis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Jets have nine picks next Thursday, so why not play the "who do you want" game...  (If you don't know the later names later on, just go as far as you can)

*Yes, they'll probably trade up/down at some point; maybe we only wind up with 7 selections. Just play it straight here for the sake of it the thread--

 

Remember - not who you THINK they'll take... this a "IF YOU WERE JOE DOUGIE" game

  • 1st Rnd
  • 1st Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 3rd Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried to do this and I can’t manage to fit needs with the early picks, I think it falls into place for me if 10 is traded for a WR and they move down with one of the early 2’s.

I do like certain guys to fill certain spots. JT Woods is a great one day three though I could see Cine in the second, I like Abraham Lucas for tackle, Zach Tom for the developmental center and overall OL depth, Sterling Weatherford at linebacker is an easy one after they coached him there at the Senior Bowl, and Daniel Bellinger is another athletic TE option just to be different though I’d be thrilled with Woods.

The early picks are harder for me, that and filling WR. I don’t really like WR in the first two rounds but I also like all that other stuff late too.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

For me--

  • 1st Rnd: CB Ahmed Gardner -- I think he's just too good to pass up. This despite expecting Thibs/Ekonwu to be the pick
  • 1st Rnd: DE Jermaine Johnson II -- I know, 50/50 that he's still there. I'm optimistic a couple QB picks before #10 keep the dream alive.
  • 2nd Rnd: OT Tyler Smith (Tulsa) -- Not sure he makes out of Rnd 1, but we need another tackle despite whether Becton works out.
  • 2nd Rnd: WR George Pickens (UGA) -- After Mims-gate, it's unlikely. More probable is a trade up for Burks. Still, this is my wet dream
  • 3rd Rnd: TE Isaiah Likely (CCU) -- Love everything about what he brings. Line up at Y, F, H-Back... Best downfield blocker in this class too. 
  • 4th Rnd: TE/WR Jelani Woods (UVA) -- total mutant who will basically be lining up as a big slot, like Jimmy Graham. 
  • 4th Rnd FS JT Woods (Baylor) -- Plays with instinct, tenacity and has a propensity to make big plays on the ball. 
  • 5th Rnd ILB Jesse Lekuta (PSU) -- Jets like him, so i guess i do too.
  • 5th Rnd RB Ty Price-Davis (LSU) -- no secret, i think he's underappreciated. A big bodied banger who can function as a receiver out of the backfield

 

Jets have needs at Edge, OT, WR, Secondary and DT... something's gotta give. In my dream mock, no help at DT.

Between Pickens, Likely and Woods however, all operating as big(ger) bodied receiving options, it allows Moore/Davis/Berrios to be more nuanced route runners in the offense. A balanced O.

I just couldnt use a Top 10 pick on a defensive player that is almost guaranteed to be a single contract player. I know Donald was older as well but JJ is not Donald. Like the draft outside of JJ

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping New Orleans offers picks 16 and 19 for the Number 4 pick 

But if not I will go with the following:

1st Rnd:  Ikey (NC STATE)

1st Rnd: Nkobee Dean (This guy is Ray Lewis)  

2nd Rnd:  Tyler Linderbaum or Whimfry

2nd Rnd:  Alec Pierce (Cinci) WR

3rd Rnd:  Jeremy Ruckert (TE Ohio State)

4th Rnd:  RB (Either James Cook, Zamir White or Pierce the RB from Florida)

4th Rnd  DT from Connecticut 

5th Rnd  LB Fotocassi (Rutgers)

5th Rnd:  Quintin Lake (UCLA Safety)  Bloodlines in this one.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

For me--

  • 1st Rnd: CB Ahmed Gardner -- I think he's just too good to pass up. This despite expecting Thibs/Ekonwu to be the pick
  • 1st Rnd: DE Jermaine Johnson II -- I know, 50/50 that he's still there. I'm optimistic a couple QB picks before #10 keep the dream alive.
  • 2nd Rnd: OT Tyler Smith (Tulsa) -- Not sure he makes out of Rnd 1, but we need another tackle despite whether Becton works out.
  • 2nd Rnd: WR George Pickens (UGA) -- After Mims-gate, it's unlikely. More probable is a trade up for Burks. Still, this is my wet dream
  • 3rd Rnd: TE Isaiah Likely (CCU) -- Love everything about what he brings. Line up at Y, F, H-Back... Best downfield blocker in this class too. 
  • 4th Rnd: TE/WR Jelani Woods (UVA) -- total mutant who will basically be lining up as a big slot, like Jimmy Graham. 
  • 4th Rnd FS JT Woods (Baylor) -- Plays with instinct, tenacity and has a propensity to make big plays on the ball. 
  • 5th Rnd ILB Jesse Lekuta (PSU) -- Jets like him, so i guess i do too.
  • 5th Rnd RB Ty Price-Davis (LSU) -- no secret, i think he's underappreciated. A big bodied banger who can function as a receiver out of the backfield

 

Jets have needs at Edge, OT, WR, Secondary and DT... something's gotta give. In my dream mock, no help at DT.

Between Pickens, Likely and Woods however, all operating as big(ger) bodied receiving options, it allows Moore/Davis/Berrios to be more nuanced route runners in the offense. A balanced O.

Like it but I need a LB.  Mosley on his way out post 2022.  Quincy Williams is a good effort guy but he, along with Sherwood and Nasirildeen don’t cut it.  Saleh needs his next Fred Warner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Like it but I need a LB.  Mosley on his way out post 2022.  Quincy Williams is a good effort guy but he, along with Sherwood and Nasirildeen don’t cut it.  Saleh needs his next Fred Warner.

Quay Walker if he's there at 69.  

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

God Is Great 😌 

lol. Ok but why the confused face on my ideal 9?? Don’t have to love it, but curious as to your reaction. 

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I like everything except for Gardner. 
 

Pickens is one of my faves 

I get it. Some can’t stomach a corner at #4. So, show me yours 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1st Rnd: Kayvon Thibodeux - DE, Oregon

1st Rnd: Drake London - WR USC

2nd Rnd: Tyler Lindenbaum: C, Iowa 

2nd Rnd: Roger McCreary - CB, Auburn

3rd Rnd: Cade Otton - TE, Washington

4th Rnd: Rasheed Walker - OT, Penn St

4th Rnd: Matthew Butler - DT, Tennessee

5th Rnd: Yusuf Corker - S, Kentucky

5th Rnd - Ty Chandler - RB, UNC

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

For me--

  • 1st Rnd: CB Ahmed Gardner -- I think he's just too good to pass up. This despite expecting Thibs/Ekonwu to be the pick
  • 1st Rnd: DE Jermaine Johnson II -- I know, 50/50 that he's still there. I'm optimistic a couple QB picks before #10 keep the dream alive.
  • 2nd Rnd: OT Tyler Smith (Tulsa) -- Not sure he makes out of Rnd 1, but we need another tackle despite whether Becton works out.
  • 2nd Rnd: WR George Pickens (UGA) -- After Mims-gate, it's unlikely. More probable is a trade up for Burks. Still, this is my wet dream
  • 3rd Rnd: TE Isaiah Likely (CCU) -- Love everything about what he brings. Line up at Y, F, H-Back... Best downfield blocker in this class too. 
  • 4th Rnd: TE/WR Jelani Woods (UVA) -- total mutant who will basically be lining up as a big slot, like Jimmy Graham. 
  • 4th Rnd FS JT Woods (Baylor) -- Plays with instinct, tenacity and has a propensity to make big plays on the ball. 
  • 5th Rnd ILB Jesse Lekuta (PSU) -- Jets like him, so i guess i do too.
  • 5th Rnd RB Ty Price-Davis (LSU) -- no secret, i think he's underappreciated. A big bodied banger who can function as a receiver out of the backfield

 

Jets have needs at Edge, OT, WR, Secondary and DT... something's gotta give. In my dream mock, no help at DT.

Between Pickens, Likely and Woods however, all operating as big(ger) bodied receiving options, it allows Moore/Davis/Berrios to be more nuanced route runners in the offense. A balanced O.

I like this a lot. I have my own ideal 9 but this too is a nice list.

Everyone slides right into our laps. LMFAO. 

  • 1st Rnd: OT Ekwonu: probably the best player in the draft.
  • 1st Rnd: DE Jermaine Johnson II 
  • 2nd Rnd: RB Kenneth Walker III
  • 2nd Rnd: WR George Pickens
  • 3rd Rnd: LB Chad Muma 
  • 4th Rnd: TE Jeremy Ruckert 
  • 4th Rnd LB Troy Andersen  
  • 5th Rnd FS Verone McKinley III
  • 5th Rnd DT Haskell Garrett/Neil Farrell Jr.: whichever one is available. 
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Jets have nine picks next Thursday, so why not play the "who do you want" game...  (If you don't know the later names later on, just go as far as you can)

*Yes, they'll probably trade up/down at some point; maybe we only wind up with 7 selections. Just play it straight here for the sake of it the thread--

 

Remember - not who you THINK they'll take... this a "IF YOU WERE JOE DOUGIE" game

  • 1st Rnd
  • 1st Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 3rd Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd

 

Good thread

1st round: Ahmad Gardner CB - Arguably best player in the class, gives us a guy who can play man and gives ball skills we also lack in the secondary. 

1st round: Drake London WR - i don’t think he’s actually the pick for us, but I think he’d excel for us as a red zone option and the short and intermediate routes where he’d win on route running and body positioning. Probably needs a couple offseasons to really master option routes and the full route tree. 


2nd Round: Arnold Ebeketie Edge - raw pass rusher with athletic upside. Solid pass rush win rate in college and I think has a chance with some development. 


2nd Round: Winfrey DT - Think he’s a strong one- gap match for us at an area we need an upgrade. 


3rd RoundNik Bonitto Edge - might be lighter than what we want, but strong win rate in college and i’d take two lottery tickets at edge if i’m not grabbing one in the first. 

4th Round: Jelani Woods - TE - Upside king and he’s someone that presents matchup problems. With our TE depth chart we can develop him into the beast he will become.

 4th Round JT Woods S - athletic safety who is a thumper. Trying to take advantage of the deep safety class

5th Round: Tyquan Thornton WR - field stretcher that needs to learn receiver but is a vertical threat. Also mitigates risk by double dipping on WR

5th Round Pierre Strong RB - A good North-south runner that I think will complement Carter nicely. 

6th round: Joe Flacco for one game in a losing season. oh yeah. 

Made sacrifices at LB and o-line, but went with strong athletes with upside. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fun thread.  I've posted a couple of the silly mock simulators that I think would be ideal but if I had my way and the draft felt in such a manner, this is what I'd do if I were Joe Dougie.  I should preface though, if I were Joe Dougie, we'd already be loaded and awesome and this draft wouldnt even be all the critical.  But I digress, I'll share my genius;

I'm on the fence still w/ 4 and 10.  I'm going back and forth between 2 players but I'm still favoring;

Sauce/Johnson - but I'm really intrigued by Thibs/Davis but since I can control this draft and get whatever I want, where I want, this is it;

RD 1 - CB Sauce/Edge Johnson - baller studs who change the identity of the D.

RD 2 - OC Linderbaum/DT Wyatt - you win and lose games at the LOS, these 2 help address that in a major way.

RD 3 - WR George Pickens  - yeah, I think he falls.  Injuries and character concerns are real and I think it means less to fans than it does to front offices. If I'm wrong and he doesnt fall, Alec Pierce would be nice here as well. 

RD 4 - TE Jelani Woods/WR Wan'Dale Robinson - freaky franchise caliber TE who can line up all over the place and you grab the shiftiest player int he draft who has freaky joystick like traits who can also line up anywhere and that Lil Mikey can get creative with like his buddy Kyle does w/ Deebo.

RD 5 - RB Dameon Pierce/OT Myron Cunningham - another full blown freak at RB, who can run you over and break away, plays with a mean streak, has a nose for the end-zone, perfect compliment to Michael Carter in what is going to be a run heavy offense. And looking for depth at T with Snr who logged a lot of snaps in the SEC, he was a team C, in a solid offense, good pass pro, held his own vs. Walker when they played UGA. 

 

Thanks Thank You GIF by BET Awards

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 Kayvon Thibodaux- Edge. Please let him drop to 4.

1 Garrett Wilson- WR.  PERFECT for the ML Offense. * I would have an incredibly tough time passing on Jameson Williams. 

2 Devonte Wyatt- DT. Surprised he was available here. Couldn't pass.

2 Breece Hall- RB dynamic duo with Michael Carter. Dreamy.  (If not, then Spiller)

3 Chad Muma- LB. Instant starter.

4 Jeremy Ruckert- TE. Couldn't resist his potential. Love him here.

4 JT Woods- S. Stole this guy from Paradis

5 Zach Tom- C. This is where C should be
drafted. Gets to develop for a year and whalah...starter next year.

5 Max Mitchell- OT. Backs up Becton and Fant. Possible future starter.

* really wanted a second WR in the 5-6 range. Maybe we add a 6th along the way.
 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

image.png.69b13f67cf8f4191c3ed32b31e772fe8.png

 

Would be hard to pass on Gardner at 4, but if take him OT becomes harder to get, and the whole draft changes and likely need to trade up into the first round again. Thornton is a player I'd really like the Jets to get later.

Love this draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Pending any trades for a certain WR...

 

1.4 - K. Thibodeaux.  DE Baylor. I'll say it, I'm terrified by this guy. But I still love the player. This could easily be another pick that we're mocked for making for the next 10 years. But I couldn't pass him up.  You just can't deny the talent, matched with the need, and by all accounts the Jets love him.  I'd be more than fine with JJ too, but if we come out of this draft with KT, I'll be ecstatic. 

1.10 - J. Williams WR Alabama. Is it a tad early for Jameson? Probably. Is he the receiver that this offense needs if healthy? Absolutely. I'd lean big time on my medicals, but if they check out, this is exactly the kid this offense needs. Can take the top off the defense with ease, smooth, clean route runner. You want the closest thing to Tyreek Hill (talent-wise only) in this draft? If his health checks out, this is your guy. And a good kid to boot by most accounts. I'm a big London fan too, so that would be nice as well for a different reason, but Jameson? Man, Sign me up.

2.35 L.Cine S Georgia-  Firmly believe one of the Brisker-Cine-Pitre group is making it to us. Cine is my ideal. Rangy, great tackler, fits very well in our secondary. Would LOVE this pick.

2.38 - T. Smith OT Tulsa. Yeah, I'm cheating. Love this guy too. Would rather not spend the high pick on Icky unless KT is gone, but the need is obviously there. We can't have Feeney starting next year. Smith is pro ready right now and a great depth add. 

3.69 - Troy Andersen LB Montana. I'm probably cheating here too since he probably doesn't last this long. Can cover the whole field. Slots in next to Moseley well. Nasty, fundamentally sound LB. Gimme. 

4. 111 Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee. Great speed and length. Solid depth corner to add to a suddenly...kinda deep CB group. 

4. 117  Justyn Ross WR Clemson. I'm slightly obsessed with Ross. Good length at 6 3+", good hands. Would be drafted WAYYY higher if he wasn't coming off neck surgery a couple of years back. He will absolutely be recovered and ready to go in time for camp and I think whoever drafts and takes a chance on this kid will be very happy they did. I hope it's us.

5.146 Tyler Badie RB Mizzou. Drafted him for the Rams in the JN draft. Love this kid too. Twitchy as heck, hard to bring down, workaholic of a back. He'd be a GREAT contrast to MC. Would love to see it. 

5.163 Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin- Great Developmental Tight End. Jets had him at the Senior Bowl and apparently were happy with him . WIth our new TEs in the fold, TE is obviously a lesser priority now, but Ferguson is a responsible blocker with good hands (albeit meh range, but that's why he's still on the board).

C Depth would come later but we're only asked to do 5 rounds for the game, so I'll stop here. 

Love this draft....one of the best I've seen.

Don't know anything about the RB and think that's a super important position for this team (I would have liked to go with on ealrier)- but if he's twitchy I'm sold.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Fun thread.  I've posted a couple of the silly mock simulators that I think would be ideal but if I had my way and the draft felt in such a manner, this is what I'd do if I were Joe Dougie.  I should preface though, if I were Joe Dougie, we'd already be loaded and awesome and this draft wouldnt even be all the critical.  But I digress, I'll share my genius;

I'm on the fence still w/ 4 and 10.  I'm going back and forth between 2 players but I'm still favoring;

Sauce/Johnson - but I'm really intrigued by Thibs/Davis but since I can control this draft and get whatever I want, where I want, this is it;

RD 1 - CB Sauce/Edge Johnson - baller studs who change the identity of the D.

RD 2 - OC Linderbaum/DT Wyatt - you win and lose games at the LOS, these 2 help address that in a major way.

RD 3 - WR George Pickens  - yeah, I think he falls.  Injuries and character concerns are real and I think it means less to fans than it does to front offices. If I'm wrong and he doesnt fall, Alec Pierce would be nice here as well. 

RD 4 - TE Jelani Woods/WR Wan'Dale Robinson - freaky franchise caliber TE who can line up all over the place and you grab the shiftiest player int he draft who has freaky joystick like traits who can also line up anywhere and that Lil Mikey can get creative with like his buddy Kyle does w/ Deebo.

RD 5 - RB Dameon Pierce/OT Myron Cunningham - another full blown freak at RB, who can run you over and break away, plays with a mean streak, has a nose for the end-zone, perfect compliment to Michael Carter in what is going to be a run heavy offense. And looking for depth at T with Snr who logged a lot of snaps in the SEC, he was a team C, in a solid offense, good pass pro, held his own vs. Walker when they played UGA. 

 

Thanks Thank You GIF by BET Awards

I can dig it, would take that today and cash out if given the option 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

I am hoping New Orleans offers picks 16 and 19 for the Number 4 pick 

But if not I will go with the following:

1st Rnd:  Ikey (NC STATE)

1st Rnd: Nkobee Dean (This guy is Ray Lewis)  

2nd Rnd:  Tyler Linderbaum or Whimfry

2nd Rnd:  Alec Pierce (Cinci) WR

3rd Rnd:  Jeremy Ruckert (TE Ohio State)

4th Rnd:  RB (Either James Cook, Zamir White or Pierce the RB from Florida)

4th Rnd  DT from Connecticut 

5th Rnd  LB Fotocassi (Rutgers)

5th Rnd:  Quintin Lake (UCLA Safety)  Bloodlines in this one.

Low-key solid draft... i think Pierce is gonna be a bust, but if you swap another name - you get a 5 star rating from me.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

Jets have nine picks next Thursday, so why not play the "who do you want" game...  (If you don't know the later names later on, just go as far as you can)

*Yes, they'll probably trade up/down at some point; maybe we only wind up with 7 selections. Just play it straight here for the sake of it the thread--

 

Remember - not who you THINK they'll take... this a "IF YOU WERE JOE DOUGIE" game

  • 1st Rnd
  • 1st Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 3rd Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd

 

I take it we are factoring in who is likely to be there for the Jets.

1 - Sauce Gardner - CB, I have totally changed my thoughts on picking a CB high from when the draft process started.  Hutchinson will not be there, if he is, he is the pick but we have to come away with a clean high end prospect and I think Gardner is that.  I'd strongly consider one of the oline as well.

1 - Jermaine Johnson - Edge, A shock we do not take a wr yet?  Maybe but this guy has production and hist tape screams pass rusher.

2 - Jahan Dotson- WR , I've said before I think we trade back up into the 1st but I think Dotson is underrated as far as other wrs in this draft.

2 - Tyler Smith - OT, The Jets are kind of hooped with the uncertainty around Becton, they either have no need or a big need for an OT.

3 - Perrion Winfrey - DT, probably optimistic about him being here.  Could swap him to the pick above and then look for an olineman here perhaps.

4 - JT Woods - S, Hey may or may not be here in the 4th but I laugh at people that want to take Kyle Hamilton in the 1st.

4 - Troy Anderon - ILB, LB is slow and weak with the Jets, I don't care what Saleh says.

5 - Dominique Robinson - Edge, Need to double dip at edge rusher.

5 - Charlie Kolar - TE, Eat it Kolar haters!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

For me--

  • 1st Rnd: CB Ahmed Gardner -- I think he's just too good to pass up. This despite expecting Thibs/Ekonwu to be the pick
  • 1st Rnd: DE Jermaine Johnson II -- I know, 50/50 that he's still there. I'm optimistic a couple QB picks before #10 keep the dream alive.
  • 2nd Rnd: OT Tyler Smith (Tulsa) -- Not sure he makes out of Rnd 1, but we need another tackle despite whether Becton works out.
  • 2nd Rnd: WR George Pickens (UGA) -- After Mims-gate, it's unlikely. More probable is a trade up for Burks. Still, this is my wet dream
  • 3rd Rnd: TE Isaiah Likely (CCU) -- Love everything about what he brings. Line up at Y, F, H-Back... Best downfield blocker in this class too. 
  • 4th Rnd: TE/WR Jelani Woods (UVA) -- total mutant who will basically be lining up as a big slot, like Jimmy Graham. 
  • 4th Rnd FS JT Woods (Baylor) -- Plays with instinct, tenacity and has a propensity to make big plays on the ball. 
  • 5th Rnd ILB Jesse Lekuta (PSU) -- Jets like him, so i guess i do too.
  • 5th Rnd RB Ty Price-Davis (LSU) -- no secret, i think he's underappreciated. A big bodied banger who can function as a receiver out of the backfield

 

Jets have needs at Edge, OT, WR, Secondary and DT... something's gotta give. In my dream mock, no help at DT.

Between Pickens, Likely and Woods however, all operating as big(ger) bodied receiving options, it allows Moore/Davis/Berrios to be more nuanced route runners in the offense. A balanced O.

OMG, i did not even look at your draft when doing mine.   I did not look at anyones draft in this thread.  LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1a Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon

1b Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State

2a Tyler Smith, OL, Tulsa

2b Travis Jones, DT, UConn

3 Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming

4a Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia 

4b Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinnati 

5a Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois

5b Abram Smith, RB, Baylor

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...