2nd Rnd:  Sauce Gardner

2nd Rnd:  Kayvon Thibodeaux

3rd Rnd:  Derek Stingley

4th Rnd:  Charles Cross

4th Rnd:  Jameson Williams

5th Rnd:  Garrett Wilson

5th Rnd:  Drake London

UDFA:  Tyler Linderbaum

I think that would be a pretty good haul.

Decent haul, couple of potential year 1 starters but I don’t’ think there’s any way Linderbaum gets past the bottom of the 5th

• Haha 1

I really would like a trade down at some point, but sticking with our current picks.

4. Kavon Thibs, Edge

10.  Jameson Williams, WR

35.  Travis Jones DT

38.  Jaquan Brisker, safety

3. Troy Anderson, OLB

4.  Cam Jurgens, Center

4b. Jeremey Ruckert TE

5. Brian Robinson, RB

• Upvote 2

On 4/24/2022 at 3:47 AM, Paradis said:

lol. Ok but why the confused face on my ideal 9?? Don’t have to love it, but curious as to your reaction. 

I get it. Some can’t stomach a corner at #4. So, show me yours ?

Just seems overkill to use a high pick on a TE when JD signed 2 in the off-season. 

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Just seems overkill to use a high pick on a TE when JD signed 2 in the off-season. 

Logic agrees with you. 

I personally don't care. Likely is more of a chess piece and can be groomed for a year. I would Start using Jelani right away at big slot receiver. Between those 2 and the FAs we signed, we should be stacked and prepared. Chances are 1 of those two FAs will underwhelm - both were fairly meh up until last year.

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

Logic agrees with you. 

I personally don't care. Likely is more of a chess piece and can be groomed for a year. I would Start using Jelani right away at big slot receiver. Between those 2 and the FAs we signed, we should be stacked and prepared. Chances are 1 of those two FAs will underwhelm - both were fairly meh up until last year.

I could one but not 2 - ain’t happening 

1. Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge

But Sauce Gardner CB, Aiden Hutchison, Edge or Ickey Ekwanu, OT, would all be acceptable as well.

1. Garrett Wilson, WR

Jameson Williams WR, Drake London, WR or George Karloftis, Edge, would all be acceptable as well.

2. Leo Chenel, LB

Nic Bonnitto, LB or Arnold Ebikete, Edge, or George Pickens, WR could be fine as well.

2. Breece Hall, RB

Kenneth Walker III, RB, or Jalen Pitre, CB, could be ok too.  Hall may be a "reach" here, but doubt he falls to 3rd.

3. Kellen Diesch, OT

Jalen Tolbert, WR or Marcus Jones, CB could be acceptable.

4. Jeremy Ruckert, TE

Dane Belton, S, Tysen Anderson, S or James Mitchell, TE could also work here.

4. 5. and 5. At this point I don;t really have "favorites" per se, depends on who drops, who is available, who we already picked, just too many variables.  Lots guys I like down in this area, but "My" draft would depend on who we already got,

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 3

Two different scenarios.  One if JD goes with Ickey and the other if he goes with Sauce

IF IT IS ICKEY AT 4

# 4 Ickey (OT/LT)

# 10 Jameson Williams (WR)

# 35 Skyy Moore (WR - May Be The Best WR In The Entire Draft)

# 38: Leo Chenal (LB)

# 69 Brian Asamoah (LB) (FIVE STAR VALUE OF THE DRAFT)

# 111 Dominique Robinson (EDGE)

#117 Kyle Philips (WR) (ANOTHER GREAT VALUE PICKS

# 146 ??? How about QB Bailey Zappe ???

# 163 Tycen Anderson (s)

IF IT IS SAUCE AT 4

#4 Sauce

# 10 Jameson Williams (WR)

# 35 Skyy Moore (WR)

# 38 George Pickens (WR) AND YES... ALL THREE WR's !!!

# 69 Brian Asamoah (LB)

# 111 Dominique Robinson (EDGE)

# 117 Kyle Philips (WR) AND YES A 4th WR !!!

# 146 ??? How about work hard guy that will be a special teams star if not a short yardage guy too ???Kyren Willaims (HB)

# 163 Tycen Anderson (S)

On 4/23/2022 at 11:59 PM, RVAJet815 said:

Pending any trades for a certain WR...

1.4 - K. Thibodeaux.  DE Baylor. I'll say it, I'm terrified by this guy. But I still love the player. This could easily be another pick that we're mocked for making for the next 10 years. But I couldn't pass him up.  You just can't deny the talent, matched with the need, and by all accounts the Jets love him.  I'd be more than fine with JJ too, but if we come out of this draft with KT, I'll be ecstatic. 

NO !

8 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I feel the same way about sauce at 4. To each their own, I guess. ?‍♂️

I dig.  I'd rather have Ickey at 4 instead of Sauce, but I think Ickey will be gone.   Considering the Jags situation... They REALLY need a much better line to assist Lawrence.  Add to that, Ickey is arguably the best prospect in the draft.   If the Jags pass on Ickey and take the overrated Hutch, Baalke should be locked up for impersonating a GM.  I really cant see them passing up on Ickey unless sublime stupidity resides in their war room.

And, if the Jags are fool enough to pass on Ickey, I doubt the Texans will too.

• Upvote 1

1st Rnd: OT Ikem Ekwonu - Don't overthink it.  He's one of the top 2 players in the Draft and the rushing game, passing game, and Zach's development fall apart if we don't have 3 very good OTs on this team in 2022 and beyond. (sorry to waste the #4 overall pick, @slats lol)

1st Rnd: DE Jermaine Johnson - Most well-rounded of the Edge players IMO.  Good against pass and run.

2nd Rnd: WR - Jahan Dotson -- Speed, hands, route running, deep threat.  A poor man's Garrett Wilson... but not THAT poor.

2nd Rnd: LB Quay Walker - Underrated in a good LB group.  Lots of options here, but I want a LB in this spot if a guy like S Lewis Cine is gone.

3rd Rnd: CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Might be early but this seems like the type of guy to throw in the mix for a Cover 1, Cover 3 defense that likes some good tackling, aggression and ferocity in its players.  Other options might be to go RB here if better prospects are on the Board than my next pick.

4th Rnd: RB - Dameon Pearce - Well-rounded, can pass block and pick up blitzes. Good for the zone scheme the Jets run, but not a burner or speed demon (despite the first name. ? ) 

4th Rnd TE Jelani Woods - Boom/bust.  But the boom is BOOM!

5th Rnd C Alec Lindstrom - He's a Center ONLY, won't play any other spot on the OL. He's also a tiny bit undersized, but not much.  This is a good spot to take a guy who is a good technician, has a good RAS score, and is suited for the Jets zone scheme.  Let him learn behind McGovern for a year and see what happens.

5th Rnd LB JoJo Domman - Depth piece, special teamer with upside to develop into a solid rotational LB. Can blitz on 3rd down.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

1st Rnd: OT Ikem Ekwonu - Don't overthink it.  He's one of the top 2 players in the Draft and the rushing game, passing game, and Zach's development fall apart if we don't have 3 very good OTs on this team in 2022 and beyond. (sorry to waste the #4 overall pick, @slats lol)

1st Rnd: DE Jermaine Johnson - Most well-rounded of the Edge players IMO.  Good against pass and run.

2nd Rnd: WR - Jahan Dotson -- Speed, hands, route running, deep threat.  A poor man's Garrett Wilson... but not THAT poor.

2nd Rnd: LB Quay Walker - Underrated in a good LB group.

3rd Rnd: CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Might be early but this seems like the type of guy to throw in the mix for a Cover 1, Cover 3 defense that likes some good tackling, aggression and ferocity in its players.

4th Rnd: RB - Dameon Pearce - Well-rounded, can pass block and pick up blitzes. Good for the zone scheme the Jets run, but not a burner or speed demon (despite the first name. ? ) 

4th Rnd TE Jelani Woods - Boom, bust.  The boom is BOOM!

5th Rnd C Alec Lindstrom - He's a Center ONLY, won't play any other spot on the OL. He's also a tiny bit undersized, but not much.  This is a good spot to take a guy who is a good technician, has a good RAS score, and is suited for the Jets zone scheme.  Let him learn behind McGovern for a year and see what happens.

5th Rnd LB JoJo Domman - Depth piece, special teamer with upside to develop into a solid rotational LB. Can blitz on 3rd down.

Outside of wasting pick #4, I kinda like what you did here. If the Jets came away from this draft with Dotson and Woods, I think I’d be fairly pleased. By the Woods pick, my blood pressure probably will’ve come come down sufficiently from Thursday night. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

spicy unpopular take? Don't even bother reaching on a WR this draft.

Who needs 'em. 13 personnel FTW

x6yREP.gif

x6y4rn.gif

0983e2a55e71984829ef45a4e3f9f315.gif

b98d8187-fea3-4eee-9d81-ec2b4c9ca689_600

How high would be too high of a pick for Jelani?  Because I keep seeing people hoping we take him in Rd 4 and I just can’t see any universe where he lasts that long. Someone is gonna fall in love and use a late 2 on him (or perhaps even higher) is my guess. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Outside of wasting pick #4, I kinda like what you did here. If the Jets came away from this draft with Dotson and Woods, I think I’d be fairly pleased. By the Woods pick, my blood pressure probably will’ve come come down sufficiently from Thursday night. 

lol

Thanks, and I'd also like to point out that you're very handsome.... for an ugly guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

lol

Thanks, and I'd also like to point out that you're very handsome.... for an ugly guy.

image.jpeg.8a66a6fa5440492f6201459a4f61b8f6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2022 at 9:53 PM, Paradis said:

Jets have nine picks next Thursday, so why not play the "who do you want" game...  (If you don't know the later names later on, just go as far as you can)

*Yes, they'll probably trade up/down at some point; maybe we only wind up with 7 selections. Just play it straight here for the sake of it the thread--

Remember - not who you THINK they'll take... this a "IF YOU WERE JOE DOUGIE" game

• 1st Rnd
  • 1st Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 2nd Rnd
  • 3rd Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 4th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd
  • 5th Rnd

1st round A-   Thib's-  Edge

1st Round B- Drake-  Wide Receiver

2nd Round A- Tyler Linderbaum-  Center

2nd Round B- Christian Harris-  Linebacker

3rd round- Cam-Taylor Britt-  Cornerback

4th round A- Max Mitchel-   Tackle offensive

4th round B- Phidarian Mathis-  Defensive Tackle

5th round A-  Jelani Woods- TE

5th round B- Dane Belton-  Safety

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How high would be too high of a pick for Jelani?  Because I keep seeing people hoping we take him in Rd 4 and I just can’t see any universe where he lasts that long. Someone is gonna fall in love and use a late 2 on him (or perhaps even higher) is my guess. 

Its great question... i think in cases that resemble Jelani's (the player ascended after the season, in a program that isn't as a prospect factory) -- you see just as many instances where the player went a couple rounds higher, as you do when all the "buzz" lead to negligible increase.

Reasons to doubt he lasts past 90 picks: He ticks all the boxes; exceptional measurables, high ceiling, still developing, dominated late, no character concerns that we know of.. The buzz is legit, but you almost get the sense teams are intentionally not wanting to call attention to him... Pierre Strong has this going for him too. Reasons to be hopeful: So much good TE depth in this draft, that it's conceivable that those 3-4 needy teams will address that early, leaving Woods to hang around

But like you said, it only takes one to fall in love.

I wish i could draft him my life.

• Post of the Week 1

This is going to come off a little odd but looking at the guy I think impacts the Jets the most at each pick. It eschew's the edge/WR needs - not intentionally, but because I don't like the guys there that much. Consider this a take on Joe Douglas is feeling the hot seat and wants this team better next year.

4. Sauce Gardner, CB, Cincy - safest prospect in the draft, premium position, strong character, Jets are in a division loaded with WR's - if they have a plan for what to do with him, this is the best option.

10. Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia - everyone's going to hate it but his on/off splits are insane, the Jets have no replacement for Fatukasi, he's quite literally a top 3 athlete to come into the NFL in the last 20 years and so I don't buy a low ceiling here. I honestly think he's in play at 4 in what's a weird draft. If Walker goes one and gets a pass because Georgia guys weren't asked to attack I don't get why Davis who's even freakier can't go top ten. I think he's the "how'd he go this low" prospect of this draft when we look back.

35. Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa - if he slips it's because he's a zone center and teams might not need a center, but McGovern has a year left on his deal and Linderbaum has a chance to be elite. Tremendous scheme fit. Not something you force, but this is a coup if they can pull it off, and I think there's a reasonable chance it happens.

38. Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State - another one that won't be popular but freak athlete with experience in zone who hits home runs, produced like crazy in college, and tested like an elite elite athlete at RB. If he's at Georgia or Alabama or any playoff team I think he's a first round pick, that seems to be what gets guys drafted in the first lately and the second round guys from the smaller schools have been solid. I think he leaves something in the tank in games because of how often they use him and would benefit from being in a committee. Take some pressure off of Wilson with a good run game. I genuinely believe Hall or Walker will be the best skill player in this class and they'll get drafted behind all the receivers.

69. Drake Jackson, EDGE, USC - Maybe cheating here but I don't think so. Jackson did well in the jumps at the combine, played better when bigger, is young, and had a decent three cone at his bigger pro day weight (20 pound gap). He's fluid and gets hurt by USC switching his role a lot. I think he works as the heavy edge eventually with JFM kicking inside more. Upside in the third.

111. Abraham Lucas, OT, Wazzu - I'll cheat again, Lucas probably isn't here. Great athlete at RT, good insurance there. Firmly in play at 69 or in a trade down from 35/38 to the late second.

117. Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor - Speedster who catches with his hands away from his frame and run blocks. Kind of like the discount Jameson Williams. I don't think sub 4.3 guys who catch the ball the way he does and get after it in the run game should be available day three, but he has a chance to be, and the Jets are into field stretchers - I get why, too. So Thornton's a great fit. In a WR class I think has questions, if they can't pull a trade they wait and get a good value and run more 12 personnel this year.

146. JT Woods, S, Baylor - Back to the Baylor well, wheels and turnovers on the back end. Underrated. Great get here and any safety they draft has a shot to start.

163. Daniel Bellinger, TE, SDSU - Great athlete who can block. Signing two TE's signals that they want to play a lot of them.

The EDGE and WR needs are really, really hard to fill in this class IMO. I think they need an X in a class I don't like a lot of those guys and don't love the pass rusher group. What I put together is a class that looks really, really gross team needs wise but I think makes the football team better - which is sometimes what we see from real drafts. Travis Jones in the early second is a really strong possibility IMO but I couldn't really figure out who I liked at ten, so we ended up with Davis at 10 who I do think is getting overlooked and the RB in the second which I don't love or hate asset allocation wise but I think has a strong day one impact. I really can't figure out EDGE but I heard someone mention 35 as the start of Jackson's range which I thought was interesting. Alex Wright and Dominique Robinson were firmly in play for me, just not enough spots. Josh Paschal another I considered in Jackson's spot - feels like a guy the Ravens take who has a good career. Also love Calvin Austin but again, ran out of space. My not liking WR/EDGE early bias comes through here - I'd love it asset allocation wise just not huge on the classes.

53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Its great question... i think in cases that resemble Jelani's (the player ascended after the season, in a program that isn't as a prospect factory) -- you see just as many instances where the player went a couple rounds higher, as you do when all the "buzz" lead to negligible increase.

Reasons to doubt he lasts past 90 picks: He ticks all the boxes; exceptional measurables, high ceiling, still developing, dominated late, no character concerns that we know of.. The buzz is legit, but you almost get the sense teams are intentionally not wanting to call attention to him... Pierre Strong has this going for him too. Reasons to be hopeful: So much good TE depth in this draft, that it's conceivable that those 3-4 needy teams will address that early, leaving Woods to hang around

But like you said, it only takes one to fall in love.

I wish i could draft him my life.

So you’re saying we should use one of our 2s on him, right?  If so I’m down. 

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

1. Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge

But Sauce Gardner CB, Aiden Hutchison, Edge or Ickey Ekwanu, OT, would all be acceptable as well.

1. Garrett Wilson, WR

Jameson Williams WR, Drake London, WR or George Karloftis, Edge, would all be acceptable as well.

2. Leo Chenel, LB

Nic Bonnitto, LB or Arnold Ebikete, Edge, or George Pickens, WR could be fine as well.

2. Breece Hall, RB

Kenneth Walker III, RB, or Jalen Pitre, CB, could be ok too.  Hall may be a "reach" here, but doubt he falls to 3rd.

3. Kellen Diesch, OT

Jalen Tolbert, WR or Marcus Jones, CB could be acceptable.

4. Jeremy Ruckert, TE

Dane Belton, S, Tysen Anderson, S or James Mitchell, TE could also work here.

4. 5. and 5. At this point I don;t really have "favorites" per se, depends on who drops, who is available, who we already picked, just too many variables.  Lots guys I like down in this area, but "My" draft would depend on who we already got,

image.png

image.png

This upcoming draft is so much fun and of course pivotal to our future enjoyment.  It’s interesting to see which guys and traits JD will value more.  I think it’s right that the first pick will be for an edge with a slight chance of an OT.  

But I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the WR at 10.  After a long time favoring Williams I recently came to thinking that London will be the pick and that he will really help Zach.  I recently saw a number of interviews with Garrett Wilson.  To go along with his fantastic tape and testing, he is really bright and articulate.  I now would love for him to be our new wide out.

I can’t wait to hear all the right answers for who we should pick!  (ie. what our draft class turns out to be)

This is an excellent fun thread to while away those agonising last few hours before the shadow boxing ends and the punches start getting thrown for real. Obviously all mocks fall apart the moment trades start happening and that inevitable ‘shocker’ pick happens that nobody saw coming(Trevor Penning at No 3 overall anyone?….Devin Lloyd a top 10 pick?). We are almost certainly going to be one of those teams involved in moving around and Joe Douglas has shown real skill in maximising his capital and playing the draft. 

I’m excited to see where we go….it’s so much fun to have all those draft picks in the first 2 rounds, I hated the Tanny years where we had a mid first round pick,  and then nothing until the 4th .

Finally, I’m not a fan of a blockbuster Deebo trade, or at least not if we are giving up any of our firsts. I Would far prefer AJ Bown or DK Metcalf if only because we need to build an entire roster of players known only by their initials….first names are so 70’s and the game has moved on since then !

1 - Ahmad Gardner, CB (Cincinnati)

The dream is Aidan Hutchinson dropping to us but that is a pipe-dream, would prefer a trade back with Philly and get 15 and 19. But if we have to pick at 4 and Hutch is gone it’s between Sauce and KT. With an historically horrible defense in 2021 we have to add some talent back there and Gardner is the most exciting prospect in the draft other than Hutchinson. The thing that gives me pause here is that we’ve addressed CB position significantly with DJ Reed, Hall is a rising star and locked in starter and we added excellent young players last year in Echols and MC2, Javelin Guidry, Pinnock and Dunn are all talented youthful depth with upside, CB is not really a need in the way WR/EDGE/TE/LB or even Safety are but it’s still a key position, add the fact that your corners are only really as good as your pass rush and I’d sooner be taking pass rushers….anyway, I go with potentially the best player and cleanest prospect in the entire draft…no bad thing and we know how Saleh has been part of an all-time secondary during his years in Seattle, he’s not going to be unhappy to have so much talent back there….passes the ‘initials’ criteria by having a super cool nickname instead….so Sauce it is.

1 - Jermaine ‘JJ’ Johnson, Edge (FSU)

I just feel the difference between Thibodeaux and JJ is negligible at this point, both could bust and have ‘character’ concerns but the upside with either is huge. If JJ is gone and Thibs is still on the board at this point I take KT and watch him become a star and every team that passed on him wonder why they whiffed so badly…..I want nothing to do with any OL or Karlaftis/Stingley/Hamilton/Wilson at this point and I’m firmly unconvinced by Travon Walker(so he’s probably the next TJ Watt!!)…all could turn into good players but we have to take an edge rusher with one of those two top 10 picks and Gardner is too good to pass up. This pick works with taking Sauce at 4 as we instantly infuse our D with a major talent upgrade that makes everyone in that unit better from day 1…… Would reluctantly consider Drake London here but he just doesn’t excite me with a top-10 pick. If we traded back to the teens then London or Olave become an option but neither DL or CO sound as good as JJ so we’re going FSU edge at 10. Devin Lloyd is my shocker back up here. We need LBers and I think he’s going to be great. If we traded back into the teens he becomes a target. I can’t work out if Jordan Davis is going to be the second coming of Haloti Ngata or DRob so I’m scared off from taking DT this high. If we traded with Philly and acquired 15 & 19 my first round looks like JJ at 10, Drake London or Chris Olave  at 15 and Devin Lloyd at 19 ….but that then stuffs up the rest of my draft so sticking with Sauce and JJ

2 - Breece Hall, RB (Iowa State)

I get it that RB isn’t supposed to be a value position anymore and I get it that there will be good backs to be had later on in the 4th and 5th but Hall just looks sooooo good. He’d be the thunder to Michael Carters lightning and would give us a legitimate feature back who, if he reaches his potential, is a lock for 1K per season. We know JD covets versatility and Hall is both a productive rusher but also as good a receiver out of the backfield as you can get….he doesn’t shy away from blocking either. He’s the complete back and will be 20 years old when the season begins. Yes the SF offense didn’t put premium resources into RB and has traditionally operated a ‘committee’ approach but if a player this good is there at 35 it’s a no-brainier. I personally think he goes in the 20’s but the chatter is no backs are going in Rd 1…a difference maker at RB gives our young QB the best possible leg-up by giving him a legitimate beastly ground game. That’s better for me than reaching for a WR at 4 or 10……has absolutely no initials chops but he’s called Breece ffs!1….and we’d be adding a Breece Hall to a Bryce Hall and complementing Michael Carter and MIchael Carter ……he’s in

2 - Treylon Burks, WR (Arkansas)

The failure to take WR up to this point is a glaring hole in my draft. I just don’t fancy London in the top 10 and I think Olave will be better than Wilson but again, not until the mid to later part of round 1. I’m banking on the poor 40 costing Burks and he free falls into the 2nd round(hey, I can dream right!?). I Still think he has as much chance to be great as any WR in this draft and will be motivated to prove the doubters wrong. Not a clean prospect by any means and worrying echoes of Denzel Mims in the lack of complexity in his routes at UA but his size and physicality are exactly what we need. He’s not Deebo but he can get yards after the catch and he’ll go up and make contested catches. We need an AJ Brown type and Treylon ‘the truck’ has a chance to be that. George Pickens is in play here too but how scared should we be about his red flags? This is also where I’m looking at OL….Tyler Linderbaum & Zion Johnson are definite options here but I really like Kenyon Green, dominant blocker in the run game, versatile enough to play anywhere other than C and would be our future long term RT. 

Other players to look out for here would be Logan Hall & Devonte Wyatt (yep DT/DE is definitely in play for us)I’d also look at another WR here like Jahan Dotson or Skyy Moore but I just feel we have a greater need for a bigger, stouter wideout, we already have that guy in Elijah Moore. I’m also thinking safety and Jaquan Brisker here….I fully expect Douglas to trade back one of these picks and add later or future picks but in the end I’m hoping the big guy falls to us….no initials but Treylon ‘truck’ Burks has a nice ring to it no?

3 - Darian Kinnard, OT (Kentucky)

Assuming we don’t take an OL up to this point I’m adding our future starting RT in the 3rd and feeling like we’ve got great value…..think Kareem McKenzie here……He’s one of those prospects that just gets forgotten about but will be a very solid multi year starter for us in a position of need. The big unknown is what is going on with Becton.? Is he going to be our starting RT or battle Fant at LT? …it’s not beyond the realms of fantasy that either gets traded on the day, if so then the arguments for taking OL early have more legitimacy (although I’m still not buying in the top 10). I get that C is probably the greater need here but RT remains a missing piece of the final puzzle. Assuming we get a high enough pick for either them the logic is that pick garners Cross, Linderbaum, Penning, Johnson or Kenyon Green…..

The other option here is Chad Muma, we need another thumper to add alongside CJ and to eventually replace him. Muma will be everything Blake Cashman couldn’t be because he couldn’t stay on the field, and a lot more besides. He’ll call the defence, He looks remarkably fluid moving and you think he must be only 215-220 but he’s 6-3 242….perfect size and great athleticism and all the other toughness and instincts you want in a 4-3 LB. He’ll drop effortlessly into coverage and will diagnose and attack the ball carrier, he’d be an awesome pick in the 3rd and with Sauce and JJ, my god our D is going to be way better in 22, and a better D will do a lot to help Zach and the offense to thrive too….that said, I’m going with the tackle from Kentucky…..DK Kinnard also has a nice ring to it and would assuage the disappointment of not trading for the other DK.

4 - Jelani Woods, TE (Virginia) OR Isiah Likely, TE (Coastal Carolina)

Because every draft has to have an @Paradis love interest that ultimately ends tragically with said lover spurning our resident fan of a nice tight end and ending up in Detroit. I’m going Woods because any chance you have to add ‘The Mutant’ to your roster you’d be a fool not to take it…that and Jelani ‘JW’ Woods is a decent back up for the ‘all-initials’ roster!…..In all seriousness, he’s a monster prospect, personally I think he goes way higher than this, possibly high 2nd round, but this is my dream draft and I’m dreaming we get him here. Would be the ideal prospect to learn and feed into the system gradually while Uzomah & Conklin solve the immediate, short term lack of talent at TE. I would even be in favour of double-dipping at TE but I’m still holding out hope for Kenny Yeboah developing. If Jelani goes higher then Isaiah Likely is a more that adequate fall back, again needs some work and wouldn’t be an immediate contributor but we have the luxury of taking a player who’s upside is huge and has the luxury of learning behind CJ and TC  without being thrown into the fire straight away. I also really like Jake Ferguson or Cole Turner here but they may be better as 5th round options, there’s no doubt in my mind this is the sweet spot to get a good TE. ….Safety and LB are now glaring holes in my draft 

The other player I’d love to add here is Cameron Thomas, Edge (San Diego State). I think he goes on day 2 but I’m all for double dipping at edge and I think Thomas is very underrated at this point. He’s the perfect compliment to JJ and Lawson and has been productive. I might even take him in the 3rd over Kinnard.

4 - JT Woods, S (Baylor)

We know Joe Douglas has a draft strategy, and it’s a sound one….draft as many players of the same name as possible and there’s a better chance at least one of them will work out(see: Michael Carter & MC2). So to Jelani Woods we add JT Woods and laugh all the way to the pro bowl. JT nails the ‘all initials’ brief effortlessly and probably starts from day 1 because…we need safeties

5 - Danny Gray, WR (SMU)

I’m following up the Joe Douglas approach to DB of last year by multi-dipping in key positions later in the draft and in my opinion Danny Gray is one of the biggest sleepers in this draft. Solidly built at 6’ 190lbs he’s a brilliant athlete with sensational speed and fluid body control, really solid hands and looks like he’s had experience running a more complex route tree in college, excellent production too. He also has return ability …I love him as a later round prospect and would fit in well with our WR group….I’m hoping his middle name is James so we can call him DJ Gray

6 - Ty Thornton, WR (Baylor)

I know, another tall, skinny wideout from Baylor!?….yes we might still be scarred by the Denzel Mims disappointment and while Mims might yet see the lightbulb go on I’m banking on him being dealt for back-up linebacker and special teams ace KJ Britt!

Meanwhile Tyquan Thornton might be just be the guy to have us thinking of another former Jet burner who was tall and rail thin but an absolute home run threat and a perfect compliment to possession guys like Corey Davis and Treylon Burks….TT would keep defenses honest and he’s also a fantastically physical blocker, we know our staff value such trait and versatility so TT is in.

This is also prime territory for a totally unknown DT from Western Appalachian Methodist or a kicker, at this point I’m picking guys purely on whether I like the sound of their name so Cade York is in play but for a beautiful bit of Jets poetry, how about the magnificently monikered Andrew Mevis from Iowa Stae?….give him number 24 and a dollar sign instead of an ‘s’ 

That’s all I got 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

This is an excellent fun thread to while away those agonising last few hours before the shadow boxing ends and the punches start getting thrown for real. Obviously all mocks fall apart the moment trades start happening and that inevitable ‘shocker’ pick happens that nobody saw coming(Trevor Penning at No 3 overall anyone?….Devin Lloyd a top 10 pick?). We are almost certainly going to be one of those teams involved in moving around and Joe Douglas has shown real skill in maximising his capital and playing the draft. 

I’m excited to see where we go….it’s so much fun to have all those draft picks in the first 2 rounds, I hated the Tanny years where we had a mid first round pick,  and then nothing until the 4th .

Finally, I’m not a fan of a blockbuster Deebo trade, or at least not if we are giving up any of our firsts. I Would far prefer AJ Bown or DK Metcalf if only because we need to build an entire roster of players known only by their initials….first names are so 70’s and the game has moved on since then !

1 - Ahmad Gardner, CB (Cincinnati)

The dream is Aidan Hutchinson dropping to us but that is a pipe-dream, would prefer a trade back with Philly and get 15 and 19. But if we have to pick at 4 and Hutch is gone it’s between Sauce and KT. With an historically horrible defense in 2021 we have to add some talent back there and Gardner is the most exciting prospect in the draft other than Hutchinson. The thing that gives me pause here is that we’ve addressed CB position significantly with DJ Reed, Hall is a rising star and locked in starter and we added excellent young players last year in Echols and MC2, Javelin Guidry, Pinnock and Dunn are all talented youthful depth with upside, CB is not really a need in the way WR/EDGE/TE/LB or even Safety are but it’s still a key position, add the fact that your corners are only really as good as your pass rush and I’d sooner be taking pass rushers….anyway, I go with potentially the best player and cleanest prospect in the entire draft…no bad thing and we know how Saleh has been part of an all-time secondary during his years in Seattle, he’s not going to be unhappy to have so much talent back there….passes the ‘initials’ criteria by having a super cool nickname instead….so Sauce it is.

1 - Jermaine ‘JJ’ Johnson, Edge (FSU)

I just feel the difference between Thibodeaux and JJ is negligible at this point, both could bust and have ‘character’ concerns but the upside with either is huge. If JJ is gone and Thibs is still on the board at this point I take KT and watch him become a star and every team that passed on him wonder why they whiffed so badly…..I want nothing to do with any OL or Karlaftis/Stingley/Hamilton/Wilson at this point and I’m firmly unconvinced by Travon Walker(so he’s probably the next TJ Watt!!)…all could turn into good players but we have to take an edge rusher with one of those two top 10 picks and Gardner is too good to pass up. This pick works with taking Sauce at 4 as we instantly infuse our D with a major talent upgrade that makes everyone in that unit better from day 1…… Would reluctantly consider Drake London here but he just doesn’t excite me with a top-10 pick. If we traded back to the teens then London or Olave become an option but neither DL or CO sound as good as JJ so we’re going FSU edge at 10. Devin Lloyd is my shocker back up here. We need LBers and I think he’s going to be great. If we traded back into the teens he becomes a target. I can’t work out if Jordan Davis is going to be the second coming of Haloti Ngata or DRob so I’m scared off from taking DT this high. If we traded with Philly and acquired 15 & 19 my first round looks like JJ at 10, Drake London or Chris Olave  at 15 and Devin Lloyd at 19 ….but that then stuffs up the rest of my draft so sticking with Sauce and JJ

2 - Breece Hall, RB (Iowa State)

I get it that RB isn’t supposed to be a value position anymore and I get it that there will be good backs to be had later on in the 4th and 5th but Hall just looks sooooo good. He’d be the thunder to Michael Carters lightning and would give us a legitimate feature back who, if he reaches his potential, is a lock for 1K per season. We know JD covets versatility and Hall is both a productive rusher but also as good a receiver out of the backfield as you can get….he doesn’t shy away from blocking either. He’s the complete back and will be 20 years old when the season begins. Yes the SF offense didn’t put premium resources into RB and has traditionally operated a ‘committee’ approach but if a player this good is there at 35 it’s a no-brainier. I personally think he goes in the 20’s but the chatter is no backs are going in Rd 1…a difference maker at RB gives our young QB the best possible leg-up by giving him a legitimate beastly ground game. That’s better for me than reaching for a WR at 4 or 10……has absolutely no initials chops but he’s called Breece ffs!1….and we’d be adding a Breece Hall to a Bryce Hall and complementing Michael Carter and MIchael Carter ……he’s in

2 - Treylon Burks, WR (Arkansas)

The failure to take WR up to this point is a glaring hole in my draft. I just don’t fancy London in the top 10 and I think Olave will be better than Wilson but again, not until the mid to later part of round 1. I’m banking on the poor 40 costing Burks and he free falls into the 2nd round(hey, I can dream right!?). I Still think he has as much chance to be great as any WR in this draft and will be motivated to prove the doubters wrong. Not a clean prospect by any means and worrying echoes of Denzel Mims in the lack of complexity in his routes at UA but his size and physicality are exactly what we need. He’s not Deebo but he can get yards after the catch and he’ll go up and make contested catches. We need an AJ Brown type and Treylon ‘the truck’ has a chance to be that. George Pickens is in play here too but how scared should we be about his red flags? This is also where I’m looking at OL….Tyler Linderbaum & Zion Johnson are definite options here but I really like Kenyon Green, dominant blocker in the run game, versatile enough to play anywhere other than C and would be our future long term RT. 

Other players to look out for here would be Logan Hall & Devonte Wyatt (yep DT/DE is definitely in play for us)I’d also look at another WR here like Jahan Dotson or Skyy Moore but I just feel we have a greater need for a bigger, stouter wideout, we already have that guy in Elijah Moore. I’m also thinking safety and Jaquan Brisker here….I fully expect Douglas to trade back one of these picks and add later or future picks but in the end I’m hoping the big guy falls to us….no initials but Treylon ‘truck’ Burks has a nice ring to it no?

3 - Darian Kinnard, OT (Kentucky)

Assuming we don’t take an OL up to this point I’m adding our future starting RT in the 3rd and feeling like we’ve got great value…..think Kareem McKenzie here……He’s one of those prospects that just gets forgotten about but will be a very solid multi year starter for us in a position of need. The big unknown is what is going on with Becton.? Is he going to be our starting RT or battle Fant at LT? …it’s not beyond the realms of fantasy that either gets traded on the day, if so then the arguments for taking OL early have more legitimacy (although I’m still not buying in the top 10). I get that C is probably the greater need here but RT remains a missing piece of the final puzzle. Assuming we get a high enough pick for either them the logic is that pick garners Cross, Linderbaum, Penning, Johnson or Kenyon Green…..

The other option here is Chad Muma, we need another thumper to add alongside CJ and to eventually replace him. Muma will be everything Blake Cashman couldn’t be because he couldn’t stay on the field, and a lot more besides. He’ll call the defence, He looks remarkably fluid moving and you think he must be only 215-220 but he’s 6-3 242….perfect size and great athleticism and all the other toughness and instincts you want in a 4-3 LB. He’ll drop effortlessly into coverage and will diagnose and attack the ball carrier, he’d be an awesome pick in the 3rd and with Sauce and JJ, my god our D is going to be way better in 22, and a better D will do a lot to help Zach and the offense to thrive too….that said, I’m going with the tackle from Kentucky…..DK Kinnard also has a nice ring to it and would assuage the disappointment of not trading for the other DK.

4 - Jelani Woods, TE (Virginia) OR Isiah Likely, TE (Coastal Carolina)

Because every draft has to have an @Paradis love interest that ultimately ends tragically with said lover spurning our resident fan of a nice tight end and ending up in Detroit. I’m going Woods because any chance you have to add ‘The Mutant’ to your roster you’d be a fool not to take it…that and Jelani ‘JW’ Woods is a decent back up for the ‘all-initials’ roster!…..In all seriousness, he’s a monster prospect, personally I think he goes way higher than this, possibly high 2nd round, but this is my dream draft and I’m dreaming we get him here. Would be the ideal prospect to learn and feed into the system gradually while Uzomah & Conklin solve the immediate, short term lack of talent at TE. I would even be in favour of double-dipping at TE but I’m still holding out hope for Kenny Yeboah developing. If Jelani goes higher then Isaiah Likely is a more that adequate fall back, again needs some work and wouldn’t be an immediate contributor but we have the luxury of taking a player who’s upside is huge and has the luxury of learning behind CJ and TC  without being thrown into the fire straight away. I also really like Jake Ferguson or Cole Turner here but they may be better as 5th round options, there’s no doubt in my mind this is the sweet spot to get a good TE. ….Safety and LB are now glaring holes in my draft 

The other player I’d love to add here is Cameron Thomas, Edge (San Diego State). I think he goes on day 2 but I’m all for double dipping at edge and I think Thomas is very underrated at this point. He’s the perfect compliment to JJ and Lawson and has been productive. I might even take him in the 3rd over Kinnard.

4 - JT Woods, S (Baylor)

We know Joe Douglas has a draft strategy, and it’s a sound one….draft as many players of the same name as possible and there’s a better chance at least one of them will work out(see: Michael Carter & MC2). So to Jelani Woods we add JT Woods and laugh all the way to the pro bowl. JT nails the ‘all initials’ brief effortlessly and probably starts from day 1 because…we need safeties

5 - Danny Gray, WR (SMU)

I’m following up the Joe Douglas approach to DB of last year by multi-dipping in key positions later in the draft and in my opinion Danny Gray is one of the biggest sleepers in this draft. Solidly built at 6’ 190lbs he’s a brilliant athlete with sensational speed and fluid body control, really solid hands and looks like he’s had experience running a more complex route tree in college, excellent production too. He also has return ability …I love him as a later round prospect and would fit in well with our WR group….I’m hoping his middle name is James so we can call him DJ Gray

6 - Ty Thornton, WR (Baylor)

I know, another tall, skinny wideout from Baylor!?….yes we might still be scarred by the Denzel Mims disappointment and while Mims might yet see the lightbulb go on I’m banking on him being dealt for back-up linebacker and special teams ace KJ Britt!

Meanwhile Tyquan Thornton might be just be the guy to have us thinking of another former Jet burner who was tall and rail thin but an absolute home run threat and a perfect compliment to possession guys like Corey Davis and Treylon Burks….TT would keep defenses honest and he’s also a fantastically physical blocker, we know our staff value such trait and versatility so TT is in.

This is also prime territory for a totally unknown DT from Western Appalachian Methodist or a kicker, at this point I’m picking guys purely on whether I like the sound of their name so Cade York is in play but for a beautiful bit of Jets poetry, how about the magnificently monikered Andrew Mevis from Iowa Stae?….give him number 24 and a dollar sign instead of an ‘s’ 

That’s all I got 

Sold! 

Agree with it all, even if not a Breece Hall truther.. Like your alternates as well... I just get the feeling Chad Muma is gonna be Jet. I also like Cameron Thomas - he's sneaky good and could be a Max Crosby-like surprise. 

• Sympathy 1