Top 10 on your board?

As JD mentioned in his last press conference.  They have 10 players they really like.

So assume the Jets will get 2 of those 10.   This order will change, based on who you take at 4...but to start the draft this is what my board would look like - I go BPA in this order.

What does your board look like?

1 - Hutch

2 - Thib

3 - Okwanu

4 - Williams

5 - Neal

6 - London

7 - J. Johnson

8 - Hamilton

9 - Wilson

10 - Cross

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As JD mentioned in his last press conference.  They have 10 players they really like.

So assume the Jets will get 2 of those 10.   This order will change, based on who you take at 4...but to start the draft this is what my board would look like - I go BPA in this order.

1 - Hutch

2 - Thib

3 - Okwanu

4 - Williams

5 - Neal

6 - London

7 - J. Johnson

8 - Hamilton

9 - Wilson

10 - Cross

You have Hamilton ahead of Sauce?

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

1 - Hutch

2 - Thib

3 - Okwanu

4 - Williams

5 - Neal

6 - London

7 - J. Johnson

8 - Hamilton

9 - Wilson

10 - Cross

Pretty much same group, couple of changes. Switch Cross with Neal, and take Neal off list. Add Sauce, maybe like 6-7 .

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  I have no interest in a CB in the first round.

Hamilton is an elite talent - on a defense that values Safeties more than it does corners.

I liked Hamilton a lot in college  until he ran something close to 4.6 at the combine. That is slow in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I liked Hamilton a lot in college  until he ran something close to 4.6 at the combine. That is slow in the NFL. 

Yes, of course.  I heard it was a 4.7 - which is frighteningly low.  

But I've always been one to look at production and not gym stats.  Just like we shouldn't prop up workout warriors - we shouldn't dump on productive players due to a slow 40.

But I totally get where you're coming from...Just this D is ideally suited for a guy like him - big S that can come up and play the run - but also play over the top - very versatile.  

Ultimately, I think he would have more impact on Saleh's D than any corner would.  If this was a Rex D - Sauce would be the guy.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

But I've always been one to look at production and not gym stats.  Just like we shouldn't prop up workout warriors - we shouldn't dump on productive players due to a slow 40.

But I totally get where you're coming from...Just this D is ideally suited for a guy like him - big S that can come up and play the run - but also play over the top - very versatile.  

Ultimately, I think he would have more impact on Saleh's D than any corner would.  If this was a Rex D - Sauce would be the guy.

When he is chasing Waddle and Hill twice a year, you might think differently 

54 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

1 - Hutch

2 - Thib

3 - Okwanu

4 - Williams

5 - Neal

6 - London

7 - J. Johnson

8 - Hamilton

9 - Wilson

10 - Cross

Not sure who to remove, but no Devin Lloyd?

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

My issue is I don't see Hamilton as THAT much better than the guys that should be available at the top of the 2nd. I think a different player than Hamilton in the top 10 combined with a 2nd round safety would net us better players.

It really all depends on how we want to handle WR

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

My issue is I don't see Hamilton as THAT much better than the guys that should be available at the top of the 2nd. I think a different player than Hamilton in the top 10 combined with a 2nd round safety would net us better players.

Hamilton surely is a controversial one - I like what I've seen from what I've watched, but in his case I must admit I am relying very much on the expert analysis of him.  If he's as good as as most experts are saying and knowing he's a perfect fit for this D - I would take him over a CB, DT or second tier edge.

But yes - I completely get what you're saying.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I think Hamilton is a excellent safety prospect but he is not a need that the Jets should fill with our 2 top picks, there are good safties we can draft in second round but they are not in Hamilton class.    I would love to see Daxton Hill slip to us in second round

• Upvote 1