Why Travon Walker Can Reach His Incredible Potential With NY Jets | Blewett's Blitz

15 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

Great athlete but is too RAW as a 4-3 edge, doesn't use his hands enough vs LT. Seems like he would be better as a 3-4 DE.

He loves football. He has a tremendous work ethic. He'll learn and become a beast.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Posts like this remind me of....

I stand by what I've said for months. Travon Walker is the best defensive player in this draft. The team that drafts him,  will have a pro bowl player that will do anything that the coaches ask of him. You think it's just the combine that has catapulted him into the top 5.

1 minute ago, genot said:

I stand by what I've said for months. Travon Walker is the best defensive player in this draft. The team that drafts him,  will have a pro bowl player that will do anything that the coaches ask of him. You think it's just the combine that has catapulted him into the top 5.

Yes. The combine absolutely,  positively,  100% moved him into top 5 conversations. 

He is physically ridiculous.  And he may be great. As a 3-4 5 technique DE. @notanedge

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes. The combine absolutely,  positively,  100% moved him into top 5 conversations. 

He is physically ridiculous.  And he may be great. As a 3-4 5 technique DE. @notanedge

I think his athletic profile suggests who could exel as a defensive end in a 4-3. He has the tools. Doesn't  yet have the technique. The team that drafts him, are drafting him to play end in a 4-3. 

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I like Joe. A lot. But he's a 24 year old dude looking at Football videos. 

I like him too. He knows what’s he’s seeing on the field, but the opinions he forms based upon what he’s seeing are ……. Dubious.

• Upvote 1

Even if he doesn't develop as a 4-3 pass rusher, he will be a major/different-kind-of force against the run in a 4-3 (not a trivial issue for us). One way or another  he will be a problem for the opposition. I have a slight preference for Johnson or KT (Hutch being gone), but I don't see Walker's floor as low (and his upside is high). I can more than live with the pick.

• Upvote 2

No questions at all he’s the best dlineman Athletically in the entire draft you can see that CLEARLY in the tape….. he just cannot do sh*t on the the edge in terms of moves like a real pass rusher…..Got clamped by Charles Cross easy….. but moves are things you can work on and learn…. At 4 it’s too high of a gamble I would pass

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

It's simple for me. I'm only considering him of thibs and hutch are gone. 

In the scenario that those 2 are gone and management doest want a DB, I'm STILL ONLY SELECTING HIM IF HES AN EDGE RUSHER. If he's an interior guy I want nothing to do with him.

If Hutch, Thibs, and Ickey are gone and the Jets can’t trade down then Jermaine Johnson will be the pick. Book it. 

• Upvote 2

Elite traits, the question is can he learn new tricks in the NFL?

If the Jets feel he can be an elite edge rusher, then I have no problem with them taking him at 4.

I'd prefer Hutch or Thibs but, if they are gone, Walker may well be our guy.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Saleh and Douglas will love the flexibility that Walker provides. He and JFM could be chess pieces all over that line.

Knight or bishop? Like do they move only diagonally or is it two step forward and one step to the side? Do we have a two steps forward one step to the side guy? How many queens do we HAVE on this team? Wait, just wait a minute, wouldn't it be better to have checker pieces? Then you could just jump over blockers, double jump even.

What about SCRABBLE? Even better. Like man, Travon Walker could be our V and then add him to the I, C, T, and O we already have and maybe grab an R, and Y in the later rounds? 

I don't get analogies but you can't have them without anal so here we are back to scrabble. I think we should use the scrabble strategy for team building. It's 6:19 AM

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Knight or bishop? Like do they move only diagonally or is it two step forward and one step to the side? Do we have a two steps forward one step to the side guy? How many queens do we HAVE on this team? Wait, just wait a minute, wouldn't it be better to have checker pieces? Then you could just jump over blockers, double jump even.

What about SCRABBLE? Even better. Like man, Travon Walker could be our V and then add him to the I, C, T, and O we already have and maybe grab an R, and Y in the later rounds? 

I don't get analogies but you can't have them without anal so here we are back to scrabble. I think we should use the scrabble strategy for team building. It's 6:19 AM

He sacks quarterbacks "en passant". :D 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I like Joe. A lot. But he's a 24 year old dude looking at Football videos. 

I think he's 30 or about to turn 30.

He played high school football with my son. Joe was a senior when my son was a sophomore. My son just turned 27.

It was actually at my daughter's high school play when I asked Joe to do JetNation Radio with Vinny originally. Good kids for sure.

(None of that is me defending any football takes, I didn't watch the video lol).

• Upvote 1