Draft Day idea that would benefit the Jets and Eagles

Alka

What about this trade?  

The Jets trade the 10th overall pick and the #35 overall pick to the Eagles.  The Eagles give up the #15 pick and the #18 pick to the Jets.

I think it would work out with the numbers, and it would allow the Eagles to draft a top cornerback that they need to start opposite Slay.

If either Sauce or Stingley are sitting at #10, this trade might be too good for the Eagles to pass up.  Imagine if one of these guys are available at #10?  You would think either one would be gone by #15.

For the Jets, it is obvious.  If they get their Edge at #4, then they can pick up a guy like London at #15, and Penning, the OT at #18.  

All speculation of course, but could you see it happening?

i hate it. do you not think WR is important that now you want to push us back to 15 or is it that you want a OT so bad so you came up with this trade to get you one.

London will probably not even be at 15 and i would not rule out Phila taking a WR at 10.

i think Seattle takes a WR so they have insurance when DJ demands more money or a trade, then they can just ship him out for 2023 draft picks. Atlanta could take one and i wouldnt be surprised if the Giants took one. those guys now what a good  WR can do for a QB. 

or Seattle can trade one of there 1sts to a team that needs a WR. KC has 2 1st rd picks. cause thats what good teams do, they get the best skill players instead of waiting to see who falls to them.

this gives me 2020 vibes where we take a Tackle and push WR to rd 2 cause JD thinks he can get a good WR there and we get Mims while other teams laugh at us and take Lamb, Jefferson, Higgens. Pittman JR.

now moving from 10 to 15 isnt that much but i think it will cost us a WR. i think Wilson and London and maybe a 3rd WR maybe Williams will be gone by 15. we should not be picking the 4th best WR in this draft. and for what a OT that we dont need.

I like it, because it gives us flexibility and also 3 picks in the first. We could get the 3 things we need the most. EDGE, WR, and either LB or OT.

And to go a step further, I'd be answering and ringing every team I think might want the #4 as well. My preference it to trade 4 and keep 10, but who knows...

12 hours ago, Alka said:

What about this trade?  

The Jets trade the 10th overall pick and the #35 overall pick to the Eagles.  The Eagles give up the #15 pick and the #18 pick to the Jets.

I think it would work out with the numbers, and it would allow the Eagles to draft a top cornerback that they need to start opposite Slay.

If either Sauce or Stingley are sitting at #10, this trade might be too good for the Eagles to pass up.  Imagine if one of these guys are available at #10?  You would think either one would be gone by #15.

For the Jets, it is obvious.  If they get their Edge at #4, then they can pick up a guy like London at #15, and Penning, the OT at #18.  

All speculation of course, but could you see it happening?

I don't.

If Sauce is there at #4, and say the top 2 edges are gone, I see us taking him at #4.

If Sauce is there at #10, and we already took an Edge (or O-Tackle) at #4, I could see us taking him at #10.

Not sure the move up from #35 to #18 is worth losing a top guy like Sauce at #10, if the Jets are thinking Defensive Rebuild.

And if they're thinking Offense, unless they have the )mistaken IMO) view that all the WR's in the draft are co-equals, they should still avoid the trade and select the best possible WR to support Wilson.

With all that said, JD is in love with trades, and trying to show people he is smarter than everyone else (like most GM's), and he often fails to evaluate top talent as the top talent they are (or aren't), and the draft IS a crapshoot, so I could very much see JD making such a trade.

Honestly, in my darker moments I see JD trading BOTH #4 and #10 for lower picks, and picking a bunch more guys.  I could see that with JD.  He could move with the Saints on #4 and the Eagles (as you listed) for #10, and wind up with this:  15, 16, 18, 19, 38.  4 firsts and a 2nd, but missing on almost all the top guys I'd wager.

Here is a semi-BAP Simulation from PFF as to what that might look like:

image.thumb.png.4a7d7b6bd7595bcec69d56493f4b4aa8.png

Here is perhaps an even better one.  I will admit, it's not horrid if this were to happen IMO.

No help at CB being the weakest part here, as every mock I run seems to not have CB as a value pick anywhere near where our picks are after the trades.

Bonus is two extra 3rds next year.

image.thumb.png.677804d420d639cb9cd69634391be42d.png

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Many experts say this draft is the same quality player from about 11-50.

So, it seems moot.

KC allegedly has first round grades on 16-18 players this year. If the league generally agrees, the argument in favor of this trade would be the ability to get three of those legitimate first round talents, and have that fifth year option on all of them. I think Douglas would love to trade back, but I think he’d be looking to get something in 2023 as part of the deal. I definitely expect some trading. It’s a deep draft and the Jets have no picks after the fifth round. 

• Upvote 1