Interesting stat for those who complain that Zach Wilson struggled because he had “No Weppinz”

He 100% had the weapons.  Have said a million time that Elijah Moore was consistently getting significant separation on film.    Corey Davis had a few drops but was also on pace for just under 1,000 yards before his injury.   Had Zach been better, fewer people would be freaking out about not having a no. 1 receiver base on what Moore could have done.  Does the kid need to be better?  Sure.  Is the cupboard bare in terms of skill positions?  Far from it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He 100% had the weapons.  Have said a million time that Elijah Moore was consistently getting significant separation on film.    Corey Davis had a few drops but was also on pace for just under 1,000 yards before his injury.   Had Zach been better, fewer people would be freaking out about not having a no. 1 receiver base on what Moore could have done.  Does the kid need to be better?  Sure.  Is the cupboard bare in terms of skill positions?  Far from it.

You are on board with not drafting a Wideout ?

• Upvote 1

This is neat but the evidence that the weaponz werent a problem was presented and confirmed when he was injured and the combo of White/Flacco/Johnson led the most explosive offense in the NFL.  He came back and was trigger shy, wouldnt even try to get the ball down field to Moore.  Numerous shots of guys breaking free down the sideline, scared to pull the trigger.  Is what its, they clearly neutered him into playing "boring" Football.  You just got to hope they didnt cut his ball off completely and somewhere tucked away in that prepubescent hairless body is the remnants of his balls.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

- or this is confirmation we don't need to draft a WR this year ???

No, I would just think an accurate QB would be more likely to complete passes to not open, or barely open WR. If anything, it would make  me more worry less  if we pick London. He seems to be the type that can make plays if he’s open or not. Kind of like DK Metcalf, I also find it interesting Russ was high on that list. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This is neat but the evidence that the weaponz werent a problem was presented and confirmed when he was injured and the combo of White/Flacco/Johnson led the most explosive offense in the NFL.  He came back and was trigger shy, wouldnt even try to get the ball down field to Moore.  Numerous shots of guys breaking free down the sideline, scared to pull the trigger.  Is what its, they clearly neutered him into playing "boring" Football.  You just got to hope they didnt cut his ball off completely and somewhere tucked away in that prepubescent hairless body is the remnants of his balls.

Holy hell harsh, haha. 

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You are on board with not drafting a Wideout ?

My preference is take a wideout at 35 or 38 unless you can move back to the middle of round 1 and take one while adding a premium pick.  And even then I might take another one later on.  

• Upvote 1

Having weapons and being open are different things. Our weapons had a ton of injuries and we had guys dropping open passes. Plus we had zero TEs. Last half of the season we had practice squad players out there. We had SOME weapons, but they weren't healthy often.

• Upvote 3

Rumor has it that Saleh was not necessarily in on Zach Wilson, but JD's job retention plan is basically making ZW look better.   It will be interesting how that affects his draft picks.  

The "value" to me in this draft seems to be EDGE and WR at 35.  

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Plot twist. Balls hadn't dropped yet so were safe, this year will feature ball swinging swagger 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Found it interesting that most of this list is populated with really good QBs. Counter-intuitive.

All of those QB's extend plays out of the pocket.   When a QB drops back and leaves the pocket guys who aren't open usually come open.  The list is more interesting because each of those QB's complete a ton of passes out of the pocket.  

We need ancedotal micro stats without context to make an informed opinion that Zach sucked in his rookie year.  

53 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This is exactly what they appeared to do. They seemed to neuter him and told him to focus on high percentage completions to limit turnovers. Results of the game be damned. Building confidence and setting mechanics. Of that ilk.

We will see what that now turns into.

• Sympathy 1

I actually think the opposite. He got better towards the end of the year when he had the least amount of weapons. Also, no one is saying Zach played poorly because of lack weapons. It’s just when you compare our skill position players with the skill position players of a playoff teams, it’s night and day. If Zach had a player that scares defenses. Life would’ve been alot easier for him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This is exactly what they appeared to do. They seemed to neuter him and told him to focus on high percentage completions to limit turnovers. Results of the game be damned. Building confidence and setting mechanics. Of that ilk.

I'm fine with it, the kid was heading quickly toward all time bad type of season, looking like one of the worst QB's to take an NFL field.  So, getting around to just being worthy of taking snaps in an NFL game was a good turnaround in itself.  I love that he took care of the ball better, was completing at a higher rate post injury but I hate that it was at the cost of throwing for 120 yards a game.  Not sure that's the way to develop a QB but at the same token, you have to think JD and the coaching staff were having panic attacks watching him bounce ball of the ground on simple swing route in the flats, so honestly not sure what else they could do with the kid, especially as the injuries started to pile up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

My sense was they pushed him to get the ball out faster. Him taking the easier throws may have been the result of him simply not being good enough yet to quickly process the whole field.

• Upvote 1