Travon Walker heavy betting favorite to be the 1st pick

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Not if aiden goes one

If hutch goes 1, lions will go walker over thibs IMO.  Then Texans go ekongwu or sauce.  

Worst case for jets is hutch/thibs/eknogwu and then we get the cb.  How much they value cross at that point, and what they really think of becton, will be interesting.

1 hour ago, genot said:

His 1st year as an end he had 6 sacks and 36 QB pressures   He wasn't asked to pin his ears back and rush the passer. All those Georgia lineman get assignments on what blockers to hold up, while the linebackers made the plays. He also played a limited number of snaps. They constantly rotate thier d-lineman. That's why J.J left for FSU look what happened to his numbers when he did.

ok and your still projecting a lot based on low to very low production being next to dominant linemen. sorry pass for me. if you like him that's fine. everyone has a guy they like that others won't. 

just like I am a fan of Treylon Burks, a lot of people don't care for him based on a 40 time. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

If hutch goes 1, lions will go walker over thibs IMO.  Then Texans go ekongwu or sauce.  

Worst case for jets is hutch/thibs/eknogwu and then we get the cb.  How much they value cross at that point, and what they really think of becton, will be interesting.

they didnt send 7 reps out too see walker . But hey if they take walker i would love it.  But lions seem to love KT if aiden isnt there

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Funny, I just posted this in the surprise picks thread.  If it goes Hutchinson/Thibs/Eknonwu, why wouldn't they consider Neal? 

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JN has a weird belief that teams stack offensive tackles 3 deep of 1st round picks or something. Not taking a shot at PepPep - just a general observation.

Seems pretty obvious to me when the Jags franchised Cam Robinson they decided who their LT was going to be this year.  They also love, Walker Little, who they took 45th overall last year and I'm pretty sure they plan on playing him at RT and using 2019 35th overall pick Jawan Taylor, RT, who has played every snap since being draft as their immediate/swing T.

I dont know.  I'll admit, it's a hard draft to predict.  I have no clue how this thing is going to go down but the Jags taking Hutch or Walker feels like a lock.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

But if there was a bad scenario it would be if Ekwonu, Hutch and Thib go top 3. I think it would put the Jets in a position where they would pretty much have to take Gardner. Now, I think he is very high on their board, I think they LOVE him and I know he is a great fit. But far from a need.

I think it would have to be Walker in this scenario. 

• Upvote 1

Now there's reports circling that they want Ekwonu.

I imagine they've decided already - I can't believe even the Jaguars would still be undecided at this stage but it's bizarre that there's still so much debate.

I still kind of expect it to be Hutchinson - He's so clearly the safest of the top prospects. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Now there's reports circling that they want Ekwonu.

I imagine they've decided already - I can't believe even the Jaguars would still be undecided at this stage but it's bizarre that there's still so much debate.

I still kind of expect it to be Hutchinson - He's so clearly the safest of the top prospects. 

The reason I think it could legitimately be Ickey for them is that I imagine Pederson has some sway in that organization. That owner is easily influenced and I would think Pederson wants a left tackle to protect his golden boy over an edge rusher. 

The Jags have also take edge rushers in recent years near the top of the draft. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Seems pretty obvious to me when the Jags franchised Cam Robinson they decided who their LT was going to be this year.  They also love, Walker Little, who they took 45th overall last year and I'm pretty sure they plan on playing him at RT and using 2019 35th overall pick Jawan Taylor, RT, who has played every snap since being draft as their immediate/swing T.

I dont know.  I'll admit, it's a hard draft to predict.  I have no clue how this thing is going to go down but the Jags taking Hutch or Walker feels like a lock.  

They franchised Robinson a second time, unlikely they’ll tag him a third time. Tagging suggests they’ve been unable to come a deal on a contract, so I’d guess that he’s just about guaranteed to walk next year. They could take Ekownu and play him at guard this year and move him out to tackle next year. That’s what me and my crossed fingers think, anyway. 

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The reason I think it could legitimately be Ickey for them is that I imagine Pederson has some sway in that organization. That owner is easily influenced and I would think Pederson wants a left tackle to protect his golden boy over an edge rusher. 

The Jags have also take edge rushers in recent years near the top of the draft. 

Yup.

Reports are that Pederson wants Ekwonu, Baalke wants Walker, Khan wants Hutchinson.

The Jacksonville Jaguars folks. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, slats said:

They franchised Robinson a second time, unlikely they’ll tag him a third time. Tagging suggests they’ve been unable to come a deal on a contract, so I’d guess that he’s just about guaranteed to walk next year. They could take Ekownu and play him at guard this year and move him out to tackle next year. That’s what me and my crossed fingers think, anyway. 

Fair enough.  I guess they technically could use  IOL help, even though the signed Sherff in the offseason and one of the few positions they actually have depth at is T but idk, could happen.  Squeeze tight!

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I cant imagine him getting past the Lions.  Having the Michigan boy stay in state, playing for a defense minded HC who probably adores what Hutch brings to the table, be very surprised if he fell any further.

Or we could have just not beaten the Jaguars.

Never forget.

Ekwonu would make sense as they could play him at guard for a bit. don’t have a long term answer at tackle, and Pederson is an OL guy. 

Neal in the same way and if they’ve been locked in on him end to end we’d look back and say “Oh that’s why he didn’t work out.”

3 hours ago, Stark said:

ok and your still projecting a lot based on low to very low production being next to dominant linemen. sorry pass for me. if you like him that's fine. everyone has a guy they like that others won't. 

just like I am a fan of Treylon Burks, a lot of people don't care for him based on a 40 time. 

I like Burks too. If we don't trade for Deebo. It's Williams at #10. Burks at #35. Well, that's what I would do. Double dip.

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

It better not be Thibs.  JD has the Bexcton bust on his hands.  You want another bust this year too ???  Ickey, Sauce or Hamilton. 

Really wish would could come away with Icky and Sauce....which will motivate me to name my band ICKY SAUCE.

No...I don't have a band nor know how to play any instrument or sign with any level of talent of expression.

But ICKY SAUCE. Thats mine.

6 hours ago, derp said:

Hopefully the Ekwonu at 4 stuff is coming from the Tevin Jenkins source.

I think Willis at 2 is a good bet, it’s like +1000 and in play regardless of who goes #1. Detroit isn’t a bad situation for Willis, he could sit for a year and they’ve got an offensive minded staff. Seems like everyone loves him as a person and Detroit might love him extra after getting to coach him at the Senior Bowl.

We’ll see if he adjusts it but Josh Norris at Underdog Football (he used to be at Rotoworld) has Willis #2. His mock shows with Winks are worth listening to, very well thought out. He had the best first round mock last year in some competition - maybe best ever in that particular one?

FWIW, I was listening to an interview with a Lions beat writer and he said that the view inside the building is they’re not that far away from being competitive, and that their draft will be extra heavy on defense. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, I was listening to an interview with a Lions beat writer and he said that the view inside the building is they’re not that far away from being competitive, and that their draft will be extra heavy on defense. 

Whether teams who don't have QB's draft QB's is unpredictable, that's just the nature of it. If they like him they'll take him and if they don't they won't. It's a great situation if they like him, but they can certainly punt to next year if they don't. 

It's definitely more likely that they don't take him, but because this draft sucks especially at the top the opportunity cost to take a chance on landing a franchise QB is pretty low and he's really really talented. Some team is going to convince themselves the dice roll is worth it because they're not passing on an elite non-quarterback to take a super talented quarterback.

If I'm running a legitimately bad team and have job security I have a conversation with my owner and say Willis is fast with a cannon and a great, great dude. Let's give him a year, if he's a star then we're golden, if he sucks then we'll Josh Rosen him and take a shot in a good QB class next year. I don't know if anyone actually thinks that way but hitting on that rookie QB is such a game changer that if you like the dude rolling the dice in an otherwise bad class is a pretty defensible move. It just has to be framed properly.

If Walker goes first they do have to pass on two local dudes to do it though.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Whether teams who don't have QB's draft QB's is unpredictable, that's just the nature of it. If they like him they'll take him and if they don't they won't. It's a great situation if they like him, but they can certainly punt to next year if they don't. 

It's definitely more likely that they don't take him, but because this draft sucks especially at the top the opportunity cost to take a chance on landing a franchise QB is pretty low and he's really really talented. Some team is going to convince themselves the dice roll is worth it because they're not passing on an elite non-quarterback to take a super talented quarterback.

If I'm running a legitimately bad team and have job security I have a conversation with my owner and say Willis is fast with a cannon and a great, great dude. Let's give him a year, if he's a star then we're golden, if he sucks then we'll Josh Rosen him and take a shot in a good QB class next year. I don't know if anyone actually thinks that way but hitting on that rookie QB is such a game changer that if you like the dude rolling the dice in an otherwise bad class is a pretty defensible move. It just has to be framed properly.

If Walker goes first they do have to pass on two local dudes to do it though.

The two teams I keep reading/hearing that like Willis are the Seahawks and the Steelers, but the draft-media hivemind at this moment doesn’t think Willis can give anyone else value right away, and with next year supposedly being an infinitely better QB class, those QB needy teams are just gonna roll with stopgaps and then take another look in 2023. I heard a good point that the only reasons guys like Trey Lance and Max Jones went as high as they did last year was because teams saw how weak this year’s class was, so they took their shots last year. I think someone will take Willis for sure, but I’d be stunned if it was the Lions at 2.