Peter King mocks Sauce and J Williams to Jets

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Two things:

1) Rex's defense was heavily reliant on strong CB play.  Saleh's is not

2) It was a different game then.  It's exceptionally hard to play elite corner at this point.

If Rex was running our defense - and while I still wouldn't like it - I would be far more comfortable taking a corner at 4 - taking one with Saleh's D would pretty much have me off the Joe Douglas bandwagon.

Why did the Rams give up a 1st for an elite CB?

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Why did the Rams give up a 1st for an elite CB?

When you have possibly the best DT's to ever play the game and a Super Bowl MVP edge your worries about getting QB pressure isn't exactly primary at that point.

And then an offense with veteran franchise QB and a top 5 WR in the NFL...

Sure, have it - go get yourself a corner....But until this team has a #1 WR, and a legitimate pass rush - using any top 10 pick on a corner is, IMO, a very poor use of resources.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And if Joe skips a bust Edge pick at 4, and grabs a starter in Round two, the Jets win a Super Bowl over the next few years.

I have to say, yes - I would be off the JD bandwagon.

I can, obviously, be very wrong - in this case I would be terribly wrong (which would be great news). I'm wrong all the time.

If we come out of the first round without a WR - but added a CB and OL - I would not trust in his ability to fundamentally build a true competitive NFL roster. 

That would just be my view...

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. The amount of holding by OL that is being tolerated by the refs particularly in the playoffs is getting ridiculous. 

Plus the amount of roughing penalties if they look the wrong way at the QB ... it's certainly harder to get after the QB than it used to be.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

On 4/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, FidelioJet said:

Hamilton's production is amazing.  Take productive players.  Again, IMO, Hamilton would make a larger impact on the Jets than Gardner would.

And I don't think it's really close.

i'm not sure how you can say gardner wasn't productive.

granted, his "counting stats" may not be the same as hamilton.  but that's largely because no one ever catches a ball when he's defending him.  no WR had more than 13 yards in a game against him and he didn't allow a TD his entire career.

those may not show up in a stat sheet, but damn, that's very "productive" if the goal of a defender is to keep the opponent from moving down the field and scoring

Just now, jetblue95 said:

i'm not sure how you can say gardner wasn't productive.

granted, his "counting stats" may not be the same as hamilton.  but that's largely because no one ever catches a ball when he's defending him.  no WR had more than 13 yards in a game against him and he didn't allow a TD his entire career.

those may not show up in a stat sheet, but damn, that's very "productive" if the goal of a defender is to keep the opponent from moving down the field and scoring

I didn't mean to infer Gardner wasn't productive in college - just that Hamilton was very productive, even if his 40 times wasn't great..

and that the position he plays is simply more valuable to this defense than CB.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I have to say, yes - I would be off the JD bandwagon.

I can, obviously, be very wrong - in this case I would be terribly wrong (which would be great news). I'm wrong all the time.

If we come out of the first round without a WR - but added a CB and OL - I would not trust in his ability to fundamentally build a true competitive NFL roster. 

That would just be my view...

Sauce at 4.

Trade down at 10. Get another first next year.

WR later in round one this year.

Boom.

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sauce at 4.

Trade down at 10. Get another first next year.

WR later in round one this year.

Boom.

Still don't love the CB at 4, but would be fine if we get ourselves a WR in the first.

I still think a trade down at 4 is very possible if not likely.