Best and Worst Values in the Draft

17 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Who do you feel will be the top 5 best values and worst values in the draft? i.e. Who will go way higher than you think they should go and who will fall more than they should based on current play and future projection?

Best Value:

George Pickens

Nakobe Dean

Tyler Linderbaum

David Ojabo

Calvin Austin III

Worst Value:

Travon Walker

Trevor Penning

Daniel Faalele

Demarvin Leal

Tariq Woolen

I'm on board.

16 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Who do you feel will be the top 5 best values and worst values in the draft? i.e. Who will go way higher than you think they should go and who will fall more than they should based on current play and future projection?

Best Value:

George Pickens

Nakobe Dean

Tyler Linderbaum

David Ojabo

Calvin Austin III

Worst Value:

Travon Walker

Trevor Penning

Daniel Faalele

Demarvin Leal

Tariq Woolen

Good or bad value depends on price. Without displaying where you think they'll fall in the draft, it's hard for one to say whether they agree or disagree with you. Trevor Penning being selected top 10 is bad value. Trevor Penning being selected 69th overall, excellent value. 

• Upvote 3

Underrated

Stingley was being criminally overlooked but seems his workout has brought a lot of teams back round. Terrifying injury history but unbelievable prospect.

Jameson Williams has suffered similarly because of those injuries. At the end of the day I see a guy who's pretty much always open and runs like the wind. 

I agree with Linderbaum. NFL teams may know more than I do about the exact concerns with arm length but the guy was so utterly dominant in college that I feel he's a can't miss.

Overrated

Drake London - Not that he's a bad prospect but I just can't trust that a guy being draped by future shelf stacking college players will be dominant in the NFL. He feels like too much of a risk.

Travon Walker - Just don't see it. Think he'll be a good NFL player but not the dominant pass rusher you'd want projected that high. 

Kenny Pickett - Not quite sure how he's being projected as a first rounder. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Good or bad value depends on price. Without displaying where you think they'll fall in the draft, it's hard for one to say whether they agree or disagree with you. Trevor Penning being selected top 10 is bad value. Trevor Penning being selected 69th overall, excellent value. 

Fair. In this exercise I'm assuming Trevor Penning is a mid-first round pick since I'm seeing him mocked there. I like the player's potential, but he is not a first round pick in my eyes at least at tackle. Dean and Linderbaum I'm going off of them being late first round or 2nd round picks and I feel that they are high floor guys to me with upside to me.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think Kenneth Walker in round 2 will be like Dalvin Cook/Nick Chubb value.

Granted, he's a RB, so I'm not sure you call that great value. Maybe it's more like appropriate value? 

I think he's gonna be a good one.

Reminds me of this dude;

image.png.b745c90960fb019f8af4ab305ca9814e.png

My favorite RB in the draft 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Super fun thread though, dick.  We agree on a few.

Best Value:

Wan'Dale Robinson!!!!!!!!!!!

Darian Beavers

Dameon Pierce

David Ojabo

George Perkins

Channing Tindall

Jalani Woods

Zamir White

Devonte Wyatt

Derek Stingley

Worst Value:

Kyle Hamilton

Travon Walker

Drake London

Jameson Williams

Nakobe Dean

Sam Howell

Matt Corral

*takes gloves off* Wan'dale Robinson feels like Deebo Samuel-lite to me but without the physicality. Good player, but I'm not seeing him in the same lens that you do. What aspect of his game are you rating that highly?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Best Value:

George Pickens

Nakobe Dean

Tyler Linderbaum

David Ojabo

Calvin Austin III

Worst Value:

Travon Walker

Trevor Penning

Daniel Faalele

Demarvin Leal

Tariq Woolen

Interesting.  Why Woolen?  Of the guys I read about he was someone I was interested in.  Do you think he will go fairly high?  Kind of feel the same with Leal.  I felt Penning would be overvalued, but let some articles talk me into him as an "excited to have him!"  early 2nd.  I assume he will go earlier than that.  Agree on Faalele from what I read  and I am split on Walker but I am a traits guy.   

Seems like your likes guys are all small guys except for Pickens.  Austin is interesting and electric but he's like 170 flat.   Dean is small, Linderbaum is smallish and loved by many.  If he goes to the right scheme he's probably awesome for a long time.   I like PIckens a ton, but there was some character stuff coming out lately along with his small hands.  I also read some stuff about Ojabo that scared me off  a bit and so many people wondering about him getting his wins because of the attention Hutchinson got.

What about Drake Jackson?  I get that he slipped, but why isn't he ever mentioned?  Do people only see him as a 3-4 OLB?  He was 275 at one point and some people think he should have kept his weight up.  He is the kind of guy I can see going high and being a disappointment or going later and people being thrilled.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Worst Value:

Travon Walker

Trevor Penning

Daniel Faalele

Demarvin Leal

Tariq Woolen

Thank you. Felt like I was going to be the only blowhard to start these kinds of threads this week. Flirting with this same subject.

Interesting that you have Woolen listed there -- you figure he's going round 2? 

Best

• TE Jeremy Ruckert (3rd Rnd)
  • WR George Pickens (2nd Rnd)
  • CB Jaylen Watson (3rd Rnd)
  • S JT Woods (4th rnd)
  • WR Jalen Tolbert (3rd rnd)
  • DE/Edge Cameron Thomas (4th rnd)
  • TE Jelani Woods (4th Rnd)
  • RB Ty Davis-Price (5th)
  • RB Ty Chandler (6th)

Worst

• WR Chris Olave (1st) 
  • S Kyle Hamilton (top 10)
  • TE Jalen Wydermyer (3rd) 
  • WR Christian Watson (2nd Rnd) 
  • RB Breece Hall (1st)
  • OT Daniel Faalele (2nd)
  • Edge Drake Jackson (2nd)
  • CB Derek Stingley (top 15)
  • RB Tyler Allgeier (4th) 
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Interesting.  Why Woolen?  Of the guys I read about he was someone I was interested in.  Do you think he will go fairly high?  Kind of feel the same with Leal.  I felt Penning would be overvalued, but let some articles talk me into him as an "excited to have him!"  early 2nd.  I assume he will go earlier than that.  Agree on Faalele from what I read  and I am split on Walker but I am a traits guy.   

Seems like your likes guys are all small guys except for Pickens.  Austin is interesting and electric but he's like 170 flat.   Dean is small, Linderbaum is smallish and loved by many.  If he goes to the right scheme he's probably awesome for a long time.   I like PIckens a ton, but there was some character stuff coming out lately along with his small hands.  I also read some stuff about Ojabo that scared me off  a bit and so many people wondering about him getting his wins because of the attention Hutchinson got.

What about Drake Jackson?  I get that he slipped, but why isn't he ever mentioned?  Do people only see him as a 3-4 OLB?  He was 275 at one point and some people think he should have kept his weight up.  He is the kind of guy I can see going high and being a disappointment or going later and people being thrilled.

apparently we are woke on the same side of the bed this morning lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thank you. Felt like I was going to be the only blowhard to start these kinds of threads this week. Flirting with this same subject.

Best

• S JT Woods (4th rnd)
  • RB Ty Chandler (6th)

Worst

• WR Chris Olave (1st) 
  • RB Breece Hall (1st)

FWIW.....Jelani now up to #4 on Bucky Brooks' top 5 TE's. Don't know if a blessing or a curse?? Go Hoos.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I think Kenneth Walker in round 2 will be like Dalvin Cook/Nick Chubb value.

Granted, he's a RB, so I'm not sure you call that great value. Maybe it's more like appropriate value? 

I think he's gonna be a good one.

Reminds me of this dude;

image.png.b745c90960fb019f8af4ab305ca9814e.png

Finally someone mentioned his name! 

Love this guy. I know we are not going to draft him. I know he has holes in his game (not a great blocker, not a 3 down back). F that. This dude is a playmaker and an absolute monster. He can improve as a blocker and receiver. He reminds me of Kamara (at best- ceiling) and Melvin Gordon (at worst- floor). Thats really good company. Love his game.  

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

*takes gloves off* Wan'dale Robinson feels like Deebo Samuel-lite to me but without the physicality. Good player, but I'm not seeing him in the same lens that you do. What aspect of his game are you rating that highly?

*puts condom on*  I think you need to check his physicality.  He has no fear and is not afraid to be physical at all.  He had more carries as a RB than he did catches as a WR at Nebraska.  Which is one of the reasons he transferred and proceed to break Kentucky's single season reception record.  In comparison to Deebo, he carried the ball 141 times vs. 25 times.  Not sure why you'd be worried about physicality knowing that fact.

Specifically what do I like?  Everything.  Other than size, I dont know what's not to like.  He does it all as a WR and he's a one touch threat.  He's the shiftiest player in the draft, he's one of the most productive (caught more receptions than any other WR in the draft last year).  He test out athletically and he's polished, nuanced WR.

I really love his tape, I'll post a few in my thread in the draft forum and take the conversation there not to dominate this thread w/ vids and jizz.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Best

• S JT Woods (4th rnd)
  • RB Ty Chandler (6th)

Worst

• WR Chris Olave (1st) 
  • RB Breece Hall (1st)

I haven't seen an update on Ruckert's foot. but sign me up in 3rd. Pickens in 2nd, I keep getting him in Mocks there. and I am usually grabbing WanDale in 5th, maybe end 4th. 

he may not be the best value but if Burks is gonna fall into the late first I think that's solid value for whoever gets him

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Best

• S JT Woods (4th rnd)
  • RB Ty Chandler (6th)

Worst

• WR Chris Olave (1st) 
  • RB Breece Hall (1st)

I think Woolen goes round 2, yes. The super athletes get drafted higher and I see a similar thing happening with Zyon McCollum, but I have no idea about how he is as a prospect since I haven't watched him much to say if he's possibly overdrafted.

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Woolen - Don't dislike the player at all and think he can be good, I just think he's going to get overdrafted based on the combine performance. Great length, can stick with players in man, is a hard-hitting corner in run support, and has good recovery speed. I just feel like he's still more athlete than polished corner and has a chance to sneak into the 2nd when really I'd want him as a 3rd or 4th round prospect. If he falls there I'd have no issues looking at him. Just question his current ability to stick with better route runners.

I do agree a lot of my guys are value based off size issues. Austin I have the size concern, but I feel if he's available as a late 3rd or early 4th is a good value pick for someone.

Dean I personally feel is a top 10 player in this draft. Regarding size, it's either a vision issue or someone who can't shed blocks, and I see neither issue with him. He's physical and plays to contact even if he's on the lighter end. I think him falling out of the 1st is very good value.

Drake Jackson - I think where he goes is where I'd take him (2nd rounder). He had a ton of hype, but never really lived up to the billing if I recall correctly. Going into the year, he was considered to be a day 1 guy for sure. It's possible he's being overlooked because USC sucked this year.

Ojabo - I think his playing ability is better than his agility numbers he posted. He's risky and not exactly the freak athlete people thought he was, which takes him out of day 1 consideration totally even before his injury. Overall, I'm a big agility numbers guy so I wrote him off, but watching some more of his games and I've come around to thinking that if he falls to mid-2nd or 3rd he'd be good value. For the Jets, I'm not really considering him because of the questionable agility + injury severity. Too many red flags, but he'll fall a decent bit i think.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Lith's best values:

• DE Travon Walker
  • DT Jordan Davis
  • DT Devonte Wyatt
  • LB Nakobe Dean
  • LB Quay Walker
  • S Lewis Cine
  • WR George Pickens
  • G Jamaree Salyer
  • LB Channing Tindall
  • RB James Cook
  • RB Zamir White
  • CB Derion Kendrick
  • G Justin Shaffer
  • LB Adam Anderson

You could have a really nice draft from just my list and @Sarge4Tide's.  No disrespect intended to Rutgers, ND or Iowa.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@RutgersJetFan's best values:

• WR Bo Melton
  • CB Christian Braswell
  • DL Mike Tverdov
  • LB Tyshon Fogg
  • OLB Tunde Fatukasi
  • RB Isiah Pacheco
  • DT Ifeanyi Maijeh
  • LB Olakunle Fatukasi
  • DL Julius Turner
  • DB Tre Avery
  • TE Jovani Haskins

Are these made-up people? Because they sound like names I would definitely fabricate to sound smart.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Best Value:

George Pickens

Nakobe Dean

Tyler Linderbaum

David Ojabo

Calvin Austin III

Worst Value:

Travon Walker

Trevor Penning

Daniel Faalele

Demarvin Leal

Tariq Woolen

It certainly depends on where they go

Nakobe Dean is not a value in the top few picks, but if he goes bottom 1st or 2nd, he could be a fantastic value.

Linderbaum has a first round grade. If he goes in the second, where centers often start going, great value.

Ojabo could be a steal.

T Walker seems like boom or bust. His upside is top 3 edge. His downside is straight up bust. Top 5 picks seem too expensive for him.

Can't Penning be viewed as a steal depending on where he goes? He's pretty solid, I think.