Before I became a Jets fan, which was '64

I really different have a favorite team.  I had a favorite player back in those days as a kid, but the AFL was basically new and I liked their widen open offense.  My favorite player from those days was in the NFL though and that was Jim Brown.  At 6'2 225 lbs with world class speed he was just super human out there.  12 game schedule putting up those numbers.  Only one year out of his nine years...that's right, NINE years he played and he didn't lead the league in rushing in just one of those years.  When the Jets drafted Namath, I became Jets fan...probably my last favorite player...now it's all about the laundry with all these movements and high prices.  I figured I would post something different with all this WHO WE DRAFTING, WHO'S COMING, JD IS ON THE CLOCK, IS BECTON TURNING IT AROUND, etc. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, freestater said:

I can remember as a kid, really being a fan of the Tyler Rose, Earl Campbell. Probably also before my allegiance to this gahfersakin team.

I was an Earl Campbell fan.  Still have the signed 8 x 10 glossy.  Best part of the picture that dates it, it was sponsored by Skoal. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kolchak said:

I was an Earl Campbell fan.  Still have the signed 8 x 10 glossy.  Best part of the picture that dates it, it was sponsored by Skoal. 

To me Earl Campbell was the best back I ever saw. Although I was around for Jim Brown, Jimmy Taylor, Paul Hornung Frank Gifford I was too young to appreciate their talents My dad always thought that Jim Brown was the best but that Jim Taylor was the toughest SOB to ever play 

• Upvote 1