Jermaine Johnson to the Jets at 4 buzz

Matt39

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

He was on the other team tho. FWIW Perrion Winfrey, Jesse Luketa, Myjai Sanders, Boye Mafe spend 60 minutes destroying the same OL that made JJ look good. Even more concerning the best OL on the Lions team might’ve been 3rd rounders Daniel Faalele and Darrian Kinnard while the Jets team had a potential first rounders in Zion Johnson and Trevor Penning, potential second rounders in Abraham Lucas and Bernhard Raimann.

The Jets team was stacked.

Where do you have him rated again? late 1st, top of 2nd?

35 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Jets are definitely taking Sauce at 4 if he’s there. 

Remember last year there was one guy that had the Jets using their assets to jump for an OL. It was me. I’m also Joe Douglas.

Nah, if you were Joe Douglas, you'd be much better at Mafia.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

That’s the range for him. I think the Jets made him look better than he did his whole career during that senior bowl. 

I wonder if they would look at Nik Bonitto in the 2nd ? Was tied for the 3rd best win rate, same as Hutch35%. Good athlete, versatile and gets after the QB better than most of these guys in the draft. Also, weighed in at 248 at combine, and still rana a 4.54.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Nah, if you were Joe Douglas, you'd be much better at Mafia.

Joe Douglas comes up with trade ideas that never come into fruition and everyone knows who he wants to draft. 

Kdels comes up with strategies that make no sense and never work. Everyone knows my role by N1. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Don't love this.

He's a good player, but older than most rookies and probably as good as he is going to get.

At 10, sure. At 4, I'm nervous.

This draft isn’t top heavy. It’s not loaded with can’t miss guys. You can make a case for a ton of players between 4-10 with maybe Hutchinson and ikwonu really being the only two guys being legit top 3 picks. That’s why I’m really hoping we trade down and take more shots at players. I don’t think I see any no brainers at 4 and 10. There aren’t any bosa brothers, von millers, Myles garret pass rushers. There aren’t any Julio jones, aj greens, jamar chases WR prospects. There aren’t even any QB’s that would be first rounders in some of the other previous drafts. This draft is kind of meh, which sounds about right since the jets loaded up for this to be the draft that could change the direction of the franchise.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Some clarification. It seems this is less about “The Jets will take Johnson at 4” and more about how they don’t really want Thibodeaux. 

which is your Western Union caliber "please don't trade up with HOU to take KT" telegram

• Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He was on the other team tho. FWIW Perrion Winfrey, Jesse Luketa, Myjai Sanders, Boye Mafe spend 60 minutes destroying the same OL that made JJ look good. Even more concerning the best OL on the Lions team might’ve been 3rd rounders Daniel Faalele and Darrian Kinnard while the Jets team had a potential first rounders in Zion Johnson and Trevor Penning, potential second rounders in Abraham Lucas and Bernhard Raimann.

The Jets team was stacked.

Sad no one ever.

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Friends

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I dont think Thibodeux is a consensus top guy at all. The internet was always going to love him because he's outspoken and anti system.

Everyone is mis reading this tweet. JJ is more likely that KT but neither of those will go 4

JJ is 23 that's too old for an elite pick

And KT is a pure bust in the making 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Everyone is mis reading this tweet. JJ is more likely that KT but neither of those will go 4

JJ is 23 that's too old for an elite pick

And KT is a pure bust in the making 

If Gardner goes 3 then who is it? The tackle? Meh,

My objection to Tibo had nothing to do with personality or effort.

It was based on physical inability to bend the edge. Said by Simms, Jeremiah,

Cossell and Douzable. The greatest indicator of this trait is three cone time.

Tibo skipped it at the Combine and ran a sub par 7.23 at his Pro Day.

Cossell referenced him to Clowney who had a lousy cone time. 

I think the Clown has always stunk as a pass rusher.  Greg is of the

same opinion mentioning JC is on his eighth team. GC is a

staunch backer of JJ mentioning his various skills. so on this basis

I  voted as my choice for Walker or JJ. Walker hasn't shown edge

bending ability but from his 6.89 time he might be able to. There

are more ways to lasso a QB than bending the edge such as converting

speed to power. To the point JJ has never been officially tested on the 3C,

shows a lack luster vertical jump and is going on 24. The cones are not

the be all in predicting edge bend ability Hutchinson with an amazing

6.73 time does not show bend. In short there as many ways to pressure

the QB as to skin a cat. They all have their weaknesses and Strengths, I'm

rooting for Thibodeux

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

There's options on the FA scrap heap, including a guy who was ahead of Mims on the depth chart last year.

There's no chance this is our starting WR group come September and barring a Deebo trade there's no way we don't take one with the first four picks. Douglas may feel the value is in the 2nd again - So long as get more of a Moore than a Mims I'll not complain. 

but thats what i mean. FA scraps???? Cole???? picking the 7th or 8th best WR in this draft??? this is how we help Zack out? when we could draft the 2nd or 3rd best WR.

dont believe that all these WRs are all the same and arent very good. there might be no Chases but thats because that guy is in a world of his own, but there will be a few Cee Dee Lambs who catch 70-80 passes for over 1000 yds. 

watch on Thursday night KC and or GB trade one of there 1sts to move up to take a WR.

watch a team or 2 trade with the Giants and Seattle to get in front of us to take a WR.

thats what good teams do. WR is the 2nd most important position on the team. but not us, we will just wait and take whatever scraps other teams leave us. i bet nobody trades up to take an OL or a CB.

we could only hope our new GM next year is an ex-WR and values them more then OL. 

4 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

My objection to Tibo had nothing to do with personality or effort.

It was based on physical inability to bend the edge. Said by Simms, Jeremiah,

Cossell and Douzable. The greatest indicator of this trait is three cone time.

Tibo skipped it at the Combine and ran a sub par 7.23 at his Pro Day.

Cossell referenced him to Clowney who had a lousy cone time. 

I think the Clown has always stunk as a pass rusher.  Greg is of the

same opinion mentioning JC is on his eighth team. GC is a

staunch backer of JJ mentioning his various skills. so on this basis

I  voted as my choice for Walker or JJ. Walker hasn't shown edge

bending ability but from his 6.89 time he might be able to. There

are more ways to lasso a QB than bending the edge such as converting

speed to power. To the point JJ has never been officially tested on the 3C,

shows a lack luster vertical jump and is going on 24. The cones are not

the be all in predicting edge bend ability Hutchinson with an amazing

6.73 time does not show bend. In short there as many ways to pressure

the QB as to skin a cat. They all have their weaknesses and Strengths, I'm

rooting for Thibodeux

You can't seriously be bringing up 3 cone time to hype up Johnson when the dude didn't even run it? Dude knew he'd run a sh*t time and purposely didn't test on it.

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Don't love this.

He's a good player, but older than most rookies and probably as good as he is going to get.

At 10, sure. At 4, I'm nervous.

There are so many 23 year old prospects this year. Crazy. 2023 will be the first normal draft since covid.