Jermaine Johnson to the Jets at 4 buzz

Matt39

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Be that as it may, if you pick a guy at #4 that most outside observers and sports media had at #32, he better produce, and produce fast, and better than the guy they all had at #2/3/4, or you're going to hear it.  Especially if you pass on the top-ranked guy to take the #32 ranked guy.

If JD feels he has the right guy and can weather the "OMG reach!" criticism, go for it.  I hope it works out for him, and us.

Ive seen him mocked at 3 and 4 ish lately. Its not a reach

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

So I’ve done a bit of digging and I’ve come to find that this guy has the exact same initials as Jordan Jenkins.

We can’t pretend this is a coincidence.

No sh*t, when I heard that Jermaine Johnson played the run well, I immediately thought of Jordan Jenkins.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, it’s always been unlikely that this administration was going to want any part of Thibodeaux’s personality. They want Boy Scouts.

I don't disagree, in terms of what seems likely... but i've talked to a few people who've been accurate and connected and it was KT at the top. It's possible that was the long deep-6 ruse to leak that, but that's not very Joe D. If it was up to me i'd probably take Gardner and which ever Edge guy makes it to 10.       

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Just FYI - you don't normally hear who the Jets are leaning towards under Douglas. And a lot of times the Jets will feed things to reporters to get out to the public. So...we'll see. 

I disagree here, the Jets were heavily linked to Becton, Zach Wilson, and everyone and their mother knew they loved AVT but there was no way to link him to Jets without speculation on a trade up.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't disagree, in terms of what seems likely... but i've talked to a few people who've been accurate and connected and it was KT at the top. It's possible that was the long deep-6 ruse to leak that, but that's not very Joe D. If it was up to me i'd probably take Gardner and which ever Edge guy makes it to 10.       

I’m operating under the belief that Thibodeaux was really high on their list until he came for the visit last week, and he fell off their list after that visit. This would explain why Hughes was talking about how much the Jets wanted him prior to this week, and has written him off now. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Some clarification. It seems this is less about “The Jets will take Johnson at 4” and more about how they don’t really want Thibodeaux. 

Or this could be the bill coming due for Conner, all the good inside info he got from Douglas now it’s his turn to put out the smoke for Douglas.

2 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

2F2447B5-F218-433E-B0F7-A3B844E9E566.jpeg

I think Rosenhaus simply used Douglas to get the Dolphins deal. It’s just impossible to reconcile how this team could assert that they wouldn’t let Deshaun Watson play for them, but then turn around and beg Tyreek Hill to join the team for $30 mil per

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Your like a broken record slats.

ww get it, youre anti OL in the first.

But How about Cross at 4?

I get it. I’d rather not be. But on this point, I’m just adamant. It would be a terrible waste of resources. The idea of it legitimately upsets me. I’ve been in JD’s corner, but an OL at #4 would just disappoint me. A cowardly pick. Blech. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Off topic, thoughts on Pierre Strong Jr.?

3 hours ago, genot said:

Can someone with a draft value chart tell me what trading up to #2, from. #4 would cost????Thanks.

See this to me could be a real thing.  The fans in Detroit want Willis bad like real bad, they could trade back to 4 and take Willis and make everyone back home happy.  ??‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Or this could be the bill coming due for Conner, all the good inside info he got from Douglas now it’s his turn to put out the smoke for Douglas.

I guess? We know that the Jags weren’t taking him, neither were the Lions or Texans, and all we’ve been hearing is that no one wants to trade up. What is this smoke for? It seems more likely that Thibodeaux is annoying a lot of people on a lot of teams with whatever his self-promoting ass is selling. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Rosenhaus simply used Douglas to get the Dolphins deal. It’s just impossible to reconcile how this team could assert that they wouldn’t let Deshaun Watson play for them, but then turn around and beg Tyreek Hill to join the team for $30 mil per

Are you saying the Jets actually weren’t interested in Hill? That would fly in the face of all the facts 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

He was on the other team tho. FWIW Perrion Winfrey, Jesse Luketa, Myjai Sanders, Boye Mafe spend 60 minutes destroying the same OL that made JJ look good. Even more concerning the best OL on the Lions team might’ve been 3rd rounders Daniel Faalele and Darrian Kinnard while the Jets team had a potential first rounders in Zion Johnson and Trevor Penning, potential second rounders in Abraham Lucas and Bernhard Raimann.

The Jets team was stacked.

I can see a scenario where the Jets go edge then Penning either at 10 or in a trade back.

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas may have been used, but it’s pretty clear that he wanted hill on the roster. 

also, when did the Jets “assert” that  they wouldn’t let Watson play for them? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Morrissey said:

Dare you saying the Jets actually weren’t interested in Hill? That would fly in the face of all the facts 

I think (hope) the Chiefs gave Rosenhaus permission to find a trade for  Hill, he’s already been working with Douglas on the Berrios extension, and Rosenhaus offers up some rough numbers for a Hill contract, knowing full well Hill was going to go back to Miami, where he just built a mansion

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Umm….JD did indeed want Tyreek here. Don’t think anyone can deny that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The jets did really like their JJ visit. Is he good enough to warrant #4?...

That seems like a bit of reach with IE, and Sauce on the board potentially - if indeed KT has fallen out of favor. 

I think he’s the target at 10. Definitely IE and Sauce at 4. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I guess? We know that the Jags weren’t taking him, neither were the Lions or Texans, and all we’ve been hearing is that no one wants to trade up. What is this smoke for? It seems more likely that Thibodeaux is annoying a lot of people on a lot of teams with whatever his self-promoting ass is selling. 

He will not be promoting anything if he does not produce in the NFL.  So, if he wants to be a self-promoting ass, he will have to work that ass off and be dominant.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Totally possible. The inside chatter i got was a week ago, and was itself probably dated a week before that...

but I can't lend credence to anything Connor says, not at this time of year. Much as been made about his "inside scoops" but when you boil it down, it seems more likely that he is given what the Jets want him to know, or will allow him to - anyway. They have to give someone, something. He seems like the kind of knobbler that will jump when you say jump... or, leak smoke screens you want him to leak. 

Better to control the narrative, than to not. 

I like Connor, but the jets beat guys as a whole are all hilariously wrong all the time and have been since Douglas got here. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Idk?  But Detroit could surprise and take Willis at 2 and Jax wants Sauce or Icky and be willing to answer the phone if people are suddenly calling?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

I think he’s the target at 10. Definitely IE and Sauce at 4. 

that's what i think too. If for whatever reason, Joe has cold feet on the KT circus coming to town (or he's gone which it totally possible) then IE and Sauce are BPA, easily. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Douglas may have been used, but it’s pretty clear that he wanted hill on the roster. 

also, when did the Jets “assert” that  they wouldn’t let Watson play for them? 

After Watson asserted to the Jets he won’t play for them.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Off topic, thoughts on Pierre Strong Jr.?

you tickling my ear with a feather, friend? ?

I haven't been shy about my McFadden like lust for his game... But, i think the rest of the NFL has caught up with it too. Day 3 might be a pipe dream... we'll see

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The jets did really like their JJ visit. Is he good enough to warrant #4?...

That seems like a bit of reach with IE, and Sauce on the board potentially - if indeed KT has fallen out of favor. 

This could all be coming from JJ’s side, the old Faker Mayfield trick.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Idk?  But Detroit could surprise and take Willis at 2 and Jax wants Sauce or Icky and be willing to answer the phone if people are suddenly calling?  

1-Pickett

2-Willis

3-Corral

At pick 4, the NY Jets select Aidan Hutchinson

lmao

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Totally possible. The inside chatter i got was a week ago, and was itself probably dated a week before that...

but I can't lend credence to anything Connor says, not at this time of year. Much as been made about his "inside scoops" but when you boil it down, it seems more likely that he is given what the Jets want him to know, or will allow him to - anyway. They have to give someone, something. He seems like the kind of knobbler that will jump when you say jump... or, leak smoke screens you want him to leak. 

Better to control the narrative, than to not. 

Not based on anything legit, but his info seems to have gotten miles better since NYT bought the athletic. They probably have him connected with team source to your point. 

• Upvote 2