Woody to be “very involved” in this years draft

1 hour ago, Stark said:

clearly that was just an illustration of pre-planning and not how it works on draft night. If you think that woody has to be on the call for accounting purposes, well ok.

so you don't think JD has the authority to make a call without running it by Woody on a last second change? I doubt that. 

either way I don't believe that they don't or won't have a great portion of trade framework for "known potential" target established

No I think JD has authority to do a lot... but if there needs to be a Deebo extension agreed to in order to finish the deal... you are damn right woody needs to approve it.

28 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No I think JD has authority to do a lot... but if there needs to be a Deebo extension agreed to in order to finish the deal... you are damn right woody needs to approve it.

well yes, I agree but you don't think they already have discussed this and potential numbers. that's my point. you are for damn sure that a new extension is going to be involved, you not trading 10 overall or 2 seconds + for a potential 1 year rental

Go back and look at the video of Woody talking to Zach Wilson after they drafted him.  “I know more about you than I know about my own kids.”  From Woody Johnson, great parent.  Don’t think he is not involved with EVERYTHING.  It is possible he pushed JD to draft Zach Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

Go back and look at the video of Woody talking to Zach Wilson after they drafted him.  “I know more about you than I know about my own kids.”  From Woody Johnson, great parent.  Don’t think he is not involved with EVERYTHING.  It is possible he pushed JD to draft Zach Wilson. 

Hes not pushing Joe Douglas to do anything.  If Joe Douglas said a bag of poop is perfect for our 4th round pick Woody would be on board.

Woody Johnson is doing nothing but listening to joe and Robert and agreeing with everything they say.  This is their show now.  Woody is just cutting checks and giving them everything they need.

Woody has become an outstanding owner over the last 2 years. 

Im glad he is our owner and glad he is listening to Joe and Robert.

Now if he just stops the creepy post draft pick phone calls........................

2 minutes ago, DoomProphet said:

I call BS on this. Tony Pauline hasn't been right about anything Jets related. The only people the Jets leak info to is Rapoport & Schefter. Fake news.

Pauline has zero credibility and this is likely a made up clickbait story but one thing is certain, Woody has been the shadow GM for most of the past 10-12 years starting with the Tim Tebow disaster 

51 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Is it me or is Woody a pretty OK GM?

sometimes the owner has to push the GM in the right direction.

its possible that Woody told him he didnt want another OL taken. take anyone else you want but that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Was Woody in the draft room? I dont remember seeing him.

I think they keep him in a cupboard until it's time for him to speak to the guys the Jets just picked, because the damage he can do at that point is limited.

• Haha 3

Post UK Woody has become one of the best owners in the league.  Why you ask:

- gave a highly touted, up and coming gm the keys the the franchise and stepped aside.  Not easy for a billionaire owner with a huge ego to do.  I give him tons of credit.

- has given Joe Douglas everything he has asked for and spent a ton of money doing it.  A brand new Performance and Regen department.  Footed the bill for John Beck to come here to help out a struggling young qb etc.

- has let his brother, who wasnt great as the interim but did hire Joe Douglas, to be almost like a co-owner with him.  That goes a long way to building a family like atmosphere and great culture.

We owe a lot of thanks to Post UK Woody and honestly, we need to stopped judging him for what he has done in the past.

Post UK Woody has changed and I credit him for that.  He has become everything you want in a great owner.

Pauline has broken some stories in the past but if yesterday was an example of "Woody being involved 

in the draft", I say keep it coming.  He did a heck of a job working the phones to move up for Johnson

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2022 at 7:44 AM, Adoni Beast said:

It is so vaguely explained "very involved in the teams's draft..."

What does that mean? Picking players? I doubt it. He never picked who were were drafting under any other regime.

Listening in on war room discussions? Probably and appropriately, he is the owner. 

I mean...what is Tony doing here other than pissing off his fellow Jet family and creating click bait? 

Brewing the coffee and providing little sandwiches 

5 hours ago, KRL said:

Pauline has broken some stories in the past but if yesterday was an example of "Woody being involved 

in the draft", I say keep it coming.  He did a heck of a job working the phones to move up for Johnson

I think he lucked out.  My guess is that the conversation went something like this:

"Make sure you acquire a 1st rounder with my last name."