Sneaky Jets Draft Plan No One is Talking About That is True Best Case Scenario

Litez

I'm seeing a lot of JJ vs KT talk and honestly I don't think either of them are worth it at 4. I personally want JJ but at 10 not 4. We need a true blue chip guy there. The problem is both edges could easily be gone by 10. So what do we do?

We trade up with the Panthers ! .....WTF who is this guy making this dumb post?? No seriously it makes sense. We trade 10 and 69 for pick 6. Giants will take a Tackle at 5 to make sure Panthers don't take their guy and they will have no worry about edge because they think they'll have their guy at 7. Little do we know we're going to jump them for that edge! Panthers take Pickett at 10 and can use 69 for more OL help. They desperately need another pick in this years draft.

4. Sauce or Icky (I think 2 best prospects in this draft)

6. JJ or KT (One will be there at 6 in pretty much every scenario. Ensures Giants, Falcons and Seahawks from taking them before us)

Trade 35,38, and next years 3rd round pick for Deebo Samuel.

4th round take a safety and linebacker. Or OT with 1 of those picks if we dont take Ekwonu at 4.

PROSPER

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 3

I think this scenario will work no matter what happens at 1,2, and 3. For those that say that's not enough for Deebo. Then give them next years 2nd round pick instead of 3rd round. I would still do it but I don't know if JD would.

Worst possible 3 that could go for the Jets is 1. Hutch , 2.KT , 3.Icky . Even then though we could take Sauce at 4. If Giants go Cross or Neal at 5 which I cant see them not doing, then we trade up and take JJ. Johnson will be gone anywhere between 7-10 so why take the chance? This is assuming we have that Deebo trade already done and locked in. If no Deebo trade then yeah we probably have to take a WR at 10 and this whole thing wont work. I think Deebo will be a Jet though. What do you guys think of this?

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The Jets best case scenario is actually this, and it is not as far fetched this week as it's been the previous 4 months.

1. JAX - Travon Walker (betting favorite suddenly)

2. DET - Malik Willis (+350 to go to Detroit)

3. HOU - Evan Neal (+450 to go to Houston)

4. NYJ - Aidan Hutchinson

Agreed thats best case scenario. I just cant see DET not taking Hutch there. And I dont think Neal goes before Ekwonu but yeah its possible.

16 minutes ago, Litez said:

I'm seeing a lot of JJ vs KT talk and honestly I don't think either of them are worth it at 4. I personally want JJ but at 10 not 4. We need a true blue chip guy there. The problem is both edges could easily be gone by 10. So what do we do?

We trade up with the Panthers ! .....WTF who is this guy making this dumb post?? No seriously it makes sense. We trade 10 and 69 for pick 6. Giants will take a Tackle at 5 to make sure Panthers don't take their guy and they will have no worry about edge because they think they'll have their guy at 7. Little do we know we're going to jump them for that edge! Panthers take Pickett at 10 and can use 69 for more OL help. They desperately need another pick in this years draft.

6. JJ or KT (One will be there at 6 in pretty much every scenario. Ensures Giants, Falcons and Seahawks from taking them before us)

4th round take a safety and linebacker. Or OT with 1 of those picks if we dont take Ekwonu at 4.

PROSPER

How about no to the 35/38 trade?  2nd + 3rd rounds are the richest, most value driven parts of this draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The Jets best case scenario is actually this, and it is not as far fetched this week as it's been the previous 4 months.

rumor that Evan Neal has failed some teams medicals.  

If true, it changes the entire top 10 scenario

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I’m all for going D with the top 2 picks if we land a true #1 WR, if we don’t you have to get a WR with one of those picks. 

Going defense with the top 2 picks with this current WR room is criminal IMO 

What is criminal is using a high pick on a player who likely won't  play until Dec. At the earliest or any other WR in this draft. The odds are , these WR's are going to be our next Cotchery. Solid pros but not difference makers. I would rather pick high again next season than waste a high pick

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Litez said:

PROSPER

This is just wishful thinking. No way Carolina trades down. 

27 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

In this situation if Hou doesn’t want Hutch I can see them getting a good package to move back a few spots.

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is just wishful thinking. No way Carolina trades down. 

Panthers have their first rd pick and then nothing until rd 4.  Their draft needs are enormous.  They sure could use picks.  But if Ekwonu is there (or Neal, before the news about his medicals) I would expect them to take him as LT has been a turnstile for the Panthers for a decade.  Now that it is unlikely they get Ickey, I could easily see them collect picks to improve their haul.

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Panthers have their first rd pick and then nothing until rd 4.  Their draft needs are enormous.  They sure could use picks.  But if Ekwonu is there (or Neal, before the news about his medicals) I would expect them to take him as LT has been a turnstile for the Panthers for a decade.  Now that it is unlikely they get Ickey, I could easily see them collect picks to improve their haul.

The needs they have can be addressed in this draft. It's  actually not a bad draft for them or should I day bad forst round. I think for the Jets the first roumd sucks. We don't  need to spend a pick on OL, the WR's to me look like good players but there is no Jamar Chase in this group, and at CB, the most talented player is an injury risk. 

The Panthers are going to draft an OL or a QB. One of those will be there at 6. I think Neal will be there. Icky is going to be the forst overall. I will lmao if they take D with this pick and wave a giant middle finger at Lawrence. That would be a true Mr. Coffee move. 

29 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What is criminal is using a high pick on a player who likely won't  play until Dec. At the earliest or any other WR in this draft. The odds are , these WR's are going to be our next Cotchery. Solid pros but not difference makers. I would rather pick high again next season than waste a high pick

We have waited several years for a #1 WR.  Another few months won't hurt.

50 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Good for you! 

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The needs they have can be addressed in this draft. It's  actually not a bad draft for them or should I day bad forst round. I think for the Jets the first roumd sucks. We don't  need to spend a pick on OL, the WR's to me look like good players but there is no Jamar Chase in this group, and at CB, the most talented player is an injury risk. 

The Panthers are going to draft an OL or a QB. One of those will be there at 6. I think Neal will be there. Icky is going to be the forst overall. I will lmao if they take D with this pick and wave a giant middle finger at Lawrence. That would be a true Mr. Coffee move. 

If their OT is gone, I think they will be eager to trade back to at least get a day 2 pick, which they do not have.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

How about no to the 35/38 trade?  2nd + 3rd rounds are the richest, most value driven parts of this draft. 

Understood, I agree that is where the value is for this draft. So you rather trade 10 for Deebo or do you not want Deebo at all? I think its obvious Jets really like JJ and this would prevent us from taking him at 4 while being in complete control of who we draft.

If we're going WR at 10 I think we have to go edge at 4 which I dont love. Going Best Available Blue Chip at 4 and Best Available Edge at 6 + Deebo I think is perfect but just my opinion. We know Giants are taking a Tackle at 5. So its like we pick back to back if we make this trade. For Douglas that might be worth trading the 3rd round pick for. If Douglas and Saleh consider KT a blue chip player then take him at 4. I just don't think we do consider him as that. And we need an edge.

So many unknowns though. I mean if Karlaftis is higher on our board than JJ this wont matter because he'll be there at 10 for sure. I just like this draft scenario because we are in the drivers seat and don't have to rely on things falling our way to make it happen.

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Jermaine Johnson should not be a top 10 pick.

It's crazy how polarizing he is as a prospect - the 'traditional' scouts love him and the analytics guys do not.

Although, oddly enough, SackSeer 2022 has all of the 'top' pass rushers grouped fairly tightly.

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/amp/projecting_the_best_nfl_pass_rushers_travon_walker_and_the_case_for_the_combine/s1_17001_37421045

I think JJ II deserves hype and I'd pick him @ 4, but I can't deny the lack of 3 cone and the vert are scary.

But athletically, he's the same as KT, has significantly longer arms than Hutchinson & Karlaftis, and better production than Travon Walker. 

Granted, I'd be foolish to believe anything I read the week before the draft about the Jets liking him. 

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Taking any QB at 6 is so bad in this draft. Willis is the only 1 you can argue is worth the risk but Rhule doesn't have that time to wait for him to develop. They are going to look to trade down for sure if QB is what they want to pick in the 1st. Not saying they'll be able to trade down but they're going to try.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, prime21 said:

We have waited several years for a #1 WR.  Another few months won't hurt.

And what happens if we take him and he sucks in 2 years. ACL injuries  are career killers. He almost certainly will have a shorter career becaise of it. As far as the rest, I don't  believe any of them are true #1 WR. They look like a bunch of #2's. I'd rather play Moore in that role next season and see if he can be a Hill type. I was not a fan of picking Moore but he looked special towards the end of last year. I think he can be a 1200 yard 10+ TD guy if used correctly and Zach plays well. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, prime21 said:

My dream scenario is that we trade for Deebo using a similar offer that we made for Tyreke.

Then at #4 we get the Sauce and at #10 a free falling Thibs.

Thats my dream scenario too. Well mine is similar. Sauce at 4, KT or JJ at 10, and then trade up for London or do the Tyreek trade for Deebo is what I want.

Second scenario that I really like is Sauce at 4, London at 10, and trade up for Karlaftis. London is my WR1 in this draft. I like him ALOT and I think at the very least he'll be our Tee Higgins (Bengals pretty much run our scheme and London will be used that way) but I rather have Deebo. 

A lot has to happen to get what we want. What I proposed in the start of this thread can get us what you want and only main difference is you're trading a 3rd round pick to make it go from a dream scenario to a very likely scenario.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I would consider doing this if we covet someone, I'm not sure the Pathers would do that though. They run the risk of the Falcons or Seahawks taking a QB before them.

If Pickett is their guy aint no 1 else picking him in the top 10 LOL

14 minutes ago, Litez said:

Taking any QB at 6 is so bad in this draft. Willis is the only 1 you can argue is worth the risk but Rhule doesn't have that time to wait for him to develop. They are going to look to trade down for sure if QB is what they want to pick in the 1st. Not saying they'll be able to trade down but they're going to try.

QB is the one position I can see and even accept a team reaching for and it makes sense for the Panthers. Darnold is already under contract for next season so he is going to be the likely starter next season no matter what they do. If a QB is there that they think will develop into a starter, that is worth everything. We have been picking QB's for how long now and we aren't even sure we are done. If you can get your guy with your pick, you don't  worry about it being a reach. 

I really think the JJ talk is genuine, but less of an option at #4 and more so at #10. 

A scenario absolutely exists where JJ and Kayvon are there at #10, in which case it sounds like they would prefer JJ. There’s also a scenario where JJ goes before Thibs and the Jets take Thibs at #10.

Right now I think it will be Ekwonu then JJ/Thibs, with the Jets addressing WR via trade (from 35 into round 1 or for a veteran). My “mole” said they don’t think Sauce will be there at #4, but if he is, things get really interesting. Would come down to who they have higher out of Ekwonu vs. Sauce, and if they did take Sauce would they double-dip on D or take a WR? That much hasn’t been made clear to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1