Jump to content

Jets Pick up 5th year option on Quinnen Williams


HawkeyeJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

Quinnen’s a pretty good player, but he’s not played to his potential. Maybe a healthy Lawson helps him produce what he’s capable of. 

healthy Lawson plus 1-2 promising rookies. 

Gotta open up that sack exchange again before the world ends. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he doesn’t improve his run stopping this year we need to trade him.

He is thus far the weakest of the first round defensive tackles we‘ve taken by some distance. He has the talent but has been inconsistent and is a liability at his worst. 

Next year is huge for him. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If he doesn’t improve his run stopping this year we need to trade him.

He is thus far the weakest of the first round defensive tackles we‘ve taken by some distance. He has the talent but has been inconsistent and is a liability at his worst. 

Next year is huge for him. 

On this we agree.  I can see going the Leonard Williams route if Q doesn't pick it up this season...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know he has been a disappointment, but do these idiots read what they write?

Jets exercised the fifth year option for DL Quinnen Williams. 

Williams, 24, the third overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, will make $11.5 million during the 2023 season with the team picking up his fifth year option. Through three seasons with the Jets, Williams -- who struggled with a lingering foot injury in 2021 -- has 53 tackles and six sacks. He should see heavy snaps this season if he can stay healthy. 

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Apr 26, 2022, 11:34 AM ET

 

If those were his stats over 3 years, we wouldn't be picking up his option. Those were his 2021 stats.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

On this we agree.  I can see going the Leonard Williams route if Q doesn't pick it up this season...

So out there is ANOTHER DT named Williams who wears #92?  We can pick the new Williams DT to replace the 2 prior underperforming ones with a 3rd underperforming one, all, at a nonpremium position, who don;t get to the QB but will also be sold as they were as the next Aaron Donald. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So out there is ANOTHER DT named Williams who wears #92?  We can pick the new Williams DT to replace the 2 prior underperforming ones with a 3rd underperforming one, all, at a nonpremium position, who don;t get to the QB but will also be sold as they were as the next Aaron Donald. 

Pretty sad...  I do disagree regarding "Non-Premium"  Top DT's make similar money to top LT's (especially in a 4-3).  Everyone has been completely focused on the Ekwonu/Becton debate, but not spending much energy realizing that we're going to have to extend and pay this guy big money next year (or franchise him).  It really is a premium position in our defense...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quinnen is a quality player, and to say otherwise would be silly. He has yet to live up to being the 3rd overall pick in the draft, and I don't think he ever will. Picking up his 5th year option was a no-brainer. He will yield us a nice haul in 2023 because I cannot see JD laying out Aaron Donald money for Quinnen Williams production. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I know he has been a disappointment, but do these idiots read what they write?

Jets exercised the fifth year option for DL Quinnen Williams. 

Williams, 24, the third overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, will make $11.5 million during the 2023 season with the team picking up his fifth year option. Through three seasons with the Jets, Williams -- who struggled with a lingering foot injury in 2021 -- has 53 tackles and six sacks. He should see heavy snaps this season if he can stay healthy. 

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Apr 26, 2022, 11:34 AM ET

 

If those were his stats over 3 years, we wouldn't be picking up his option. Those were his 2021 stats.

What was meant we "who struggled with a lingering foot injury in 2021 -- has 53 tackles and six sacks", which is stating those stats for 2021. The "Through three seasons with the Jets," , should not been part of the sentence without stating the full 3 year stats. Half the time these writers are just slapping pieces of info/articles together to get out a quick tidbit.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...