I find it very unlikely that Joe Douglas doesn't make a trade or 2 within the top 38 picks.

Alka

Unless the pick is Eckwonu or Hutch or Thibs, I can definitely see JD trading down, and also possibly trading down at #10.  

Thinking that the Jets need a starting edge rusher, wide receiver, linebacker.   the Jets need another running back, another offensive tackle, another interior defensive lineman, possible starting safety.  Those are 7 players, and I could see the Jets drafting multiple players at the same position.

There are certainly a lot of smoke screens put out by GM's and teams, and I'm just not buying any of it.

Jermaine Johnson, Trevon Walker are both intriguing players, but I just don't buy that they both will be top 4 players in this draft.

And if the Jets stay put at #4, it all comes down to who JD values at the #10 pick, and whether or not he has 4 or 5 players that he feels about equally at that spot.  Same with #35 and #38.  If the Jets have 20 players that they love, then they can move up and down in that top 20.  And if a player in that top 20 drops down below #20, then the #35 and #38 picks could be at play.

To me, this is what makes this Jets draft so interesting this year.  There are so many options, and JD could end up surprising us all in the end.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The 4 pick comes with a 20 plus million signing bonus of course he wants to trade down 

The questions are who will trade up to 4, and why? 

A trade down at 10 feels more likely 

Agreed. Who is trading up to 4 in this draft?  I just don't see it, unless someone other than Carolina falls in love with a QB and gets a case of FOMO

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The 4 pick comes with a 20 plus million signing bonus of course he wants to trade down 

The questions are who will trade up to 4, and why? 

A trade down at 10 feels more likely 

This is how I see it. You could make the argument that there aren’t top five level prospects in this draft at all. Kinda hard to convince someone to climb up that high if there’s no one worth trading up for. Although, I think he should consider below “chart” level offers this year, especially if he can get some 2023 capital out of it. 

But yeah, #10 is much more likely. The board falls one way or another, some team could get spooked into trading up at that point. 

• Upvote 4

All it takes is for one team to fall in love with a certain player, and then a trade is possible.

Do we know whether Philadelphia would love to draft Stingley or Sauce at #10, if one was available?  It seems that they are lacking a starting CB opposite Slay, and they may feel that getting that player will put them over the top.

I go back to Seattle overpaying for Jamal Adams as proof that it's possible.

Philly is just one example of what I'm talking about, but another team might fall in love with a QB, or "fill in the blank".

Just because "it may not be worth trading up to #4", doesn't mean it's not worth it to a certain team for a certain player.

6 hours ago, Alka said:

Unless the pick is Eckwonu or Hutch or Thibs, I can definitely see JD trading down, and also possibly trading down at #10.  

Thinking that the Jets need a starting edge rusher, wide receiver, linebacker.   the Jets need another running back, another offensive tackle, another interior defensive lineman, possible starting safety.  Those are 7 players, and I could see the Jets drafting multiple players at the same position.

There are certainly a lot of smoke screens put out by GM's and teams, and I'm just not buying any of it.

Jermaine Johnson, Trevon Walker are both intriguing players, but I just don't buy that they both will be top 4 players in this draft.

And if the Jets stay put at #4, it all comes down to who JD values at the #10 pick, and whether or not he has 4 or 5 players that he feels about equally at that spot.  Same with #35 and #38.  If the Jets have 20 players that they love, then they can move up and down in that top 20.  And if a player in that top 20 drops down below #20, then the #35 and #38 picks could be at play.

To me, this is what makes this Jets draft so interesting this year.  There are so many options, and JD could end up surprising us all in the end.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Nobody is trading up to 4 in this draft 

probably not but the 10 pick could be in play if jameson williams is still there.  the jets could take him or some other team could trade up to get him.  acl aside he could be that no. 1 receiver people talk about.

7 hours ago, Alka said:

Nah… stop with this nonsense. you’re just hoping something happens. It’s not going to, and I think you know that.

7 hours ago, Alka said:

Could you title your threads "my hopes and dreams". The reports are everyone is trying to trade down this year. 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Nah… stop with this nonsense. you’re just hoping something happens. It’s not going to, and I think you know that.

Unfortunately this is the most likely scenario. Just no real offensive impact players or highly rated QBs to be had 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

Yeah, but we just need 1 team to fall in love with a QB to make a trade down work for JD.

I actually think it is more likely we pair both 2nd round picks to move up into the middle of the 1st to take a player JD loves. 3 top 15 players in 1 draft can really turn this franchise around.