I Truly Enjoy how NO ONE (Media/Fans) has an EFFING CLUE of what JD IS Going to DO...

18 minutes ago, jetsons said:

After ALL the Garbage with previous GM's... I Think it's Great... Just love how Everyone is throwing $hit on a wall to see what sticks then later on if something does, they'll crow about it like they knew all along... LOL... The NFL Draft ... the male soap opera. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

They knew about Becton, they knew about Wilson, it was obvious we were high on AVT we just didn't know how we'd get him.

This is the usual cult behaviour. There is nothing exceptional about Douglas in this sense. We didn't know about Hackenberg and what a f*cking treat that was. 

This 

The fan fiction, kool-aid drinking around here regarding this topic is comical ????

• Upvote 2

I think it's mostly a function of how unpredictable the top 10 of this draft is shaping up to be in general.  Many of the players being mocked in the top 10 are basically interchangeable from a talent standpoint.

I don't know if I have ever seen so much uncertainty/variation in the top 10 of mock drafts this close to the draft.

In 2020, the vast majority of people thought and rightfully predicted that Douglas would take an OT.  It was just a matter of which one(s) would fall to the Jets (ended up being Becton and Wirfs).  In 2021, the vast majority of people thought and rightfully predicted that Douglas would take Wilson.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO. They knew about Wilson. Um, everyone knew the Jags were taking Lawrence. What could you come up with as a reason to keep the Jets intentions about Wilson a secret?

Literally no one saw the Jets trading up for AVT and your boy Pauline had the Jets all in on Jenkins, not AVT. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The only way I’m okay with this is if Becton is traded. And even then I’d much prefer edge and WR. So I guess I’m not okay with this.

It's not my favorite pick, but it does make a lot of sense.

• Ekwonu played in the wide zone and embodies all of the nastiness that Douglas/Saleh preach
  • Ekwonu would be BPA there
  • Becton is done here?

If I had to guess the most likely scenario day 1 scenario right now?

Ekwonu @ 4

Deebo for pick 10

If the whole goal is to ensure that Wilson has every chance to succeed, this is probably the best way to go tbh. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jetsons said:

After ALL the Garbage with previous GM's... I Think it's Great... Just love how Everyone is throwing $hit on a wall to see what sticks then later on if something does, they'll crow about it like they knew all along... LOL... The NFL Draft ... the male soap opera. 

Sorta early to say that, isn't it?

Once we see what he does, we'll know if anyone (and how many folks) was predicting correctly what he did if fact do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

They knew about Becton, they knew about Wilson, it was obvious we were high on AVT we just didn't know how we'd get him.

This is the usual cult behaviour. There is nothing exceptional about Douglas in this sense. We didn't know about Hackenberg and what a f*cking treat that was. 

Exactly what my post was about... Who Knew??? haphazard Guesses based on need of the team??? Any Moron can do that, as we see regularly... But to DEFINITIVELY KNOW the Actual Player Is another thing... & That Is MY Point... Throw $hit on a wall & if it sticks CROW about it. ?

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This 

The fan fiction, kool-aid drinking around here regarding this topic is comical ????

The Jets have no leaks

Except for the leaks to DJ and everyone JDs ever worked with in Philly and Baltimore 

And of course the Saleh coaching staff leaks with SF 

Except for that, leak proof 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

Even JD doesn’t know what he is going to do.

4th dimension ♟ 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Even JD doesn’t know what he is going to do.

4th dimension ♟ 

Don't the string theory folks say that there are actually at least 26 dimensions?   If that's the case, the Jets have been mired in #14 for decades.  Might actually explain why we can't comprehend this mess.  It's too above our cognition.  We might actually be a successful franchise there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

To be fair no one knows a single pick in this draft

The best mocks are generally at 30%-40% accuracy for the first round, though in years where the draft is top heavy in regards to talent (ie - a couple good QBs, Edges, etc), people can have a good idea on the top 5, maybe even the top 10.

This is the first time in a while where, given the weakness of the QB class, and the challenges with the top talent, it feels like things are shifting daily, depending on who sneezed.

• Upvote 1