Bilal Powell Retires With Us

Grandy

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jets #29's:  Bilal Powell, Leon Washington, Adrian Murell, Johnny Lynn and before my time, Bake Turner.  

Missing any?  Good group of 29's.  Congratulations to Bilal.

Good info.  Let's take that #29 off Joyner and slap it on the RB we take in Round 3 this year!

I was so annoyed when they drafted him. I thought he was going to be the uber-jag based on watching some of his games and reels. Totally an uninspired pick. Then he played for us and turned into one of my favorite players of the past decade. Just a solid dude who kept his head down, worked his butt off and performed admirably when asked to. A little injury prone, but what are you gonna do? I love it when players prove me wrong. 

Right on, Bilal. Congrats on your retirement and thanks for being a great Jet. 

2 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Absolutely loved Powell. Only source of excitement over the past decade and a fantastic teammate.

Well deserving of the honor!

Yep... when you're 2011 4th round pick becomes your "player of the decade", speaks volumes.  Loved the guy! 

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Kicking him to the kerb for Frank Gore was a disgrace. 

Couldn’t agree more! Bilal was and is Class act  Hope the Jets offer him a position within the organization as the players could learn a lot from him on what it takes to be a true professional football player and how to make the most of your talents 

Great value out of a fourth pick. A guy who played a little better every year (until injuries) and seemed happy to be here. Maybe he liked it with the Jets because he was a starter where he might have been a back up on a lot of teams but he never seemed to cop an attitude about that.