The Texans are drafting Stingley

11 minutes ago, doitny said:

well almost every expert says Stingley is better than Gardner. he only slipped cause of his injury. 

Idk man. I dug into him a little bit and from what I can tell the only good nfl caliber wr he lined up against was devante smith and he smoked him both times. Has been injured/less than good these past 2 years. This year he was thrown at 3 times. One went for a TD, then a DPI, then an incompletion. 

he has a very high ceiling, but a rock bottom floor based on the past 2 years. 

im starting to get on board with him at 10 just because he has so much damn potential 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

I like how everybody begrudgingly concedes they could get on board at 10 once he's off the board at 3.

Stingley has been good for three years. Thibodeaux has been good for three years. The bar for overthinking this stuff is lower than you'd imagine.

Stingly has been good for 3 years? How was he good these past 2? Last year he was smoked by smith for 100+ yards and played bums besides him them most most of the season. This year he barely played yet again, and wasn’t exactly good this year either 

• Upvote 1

Remember back in 2019 when the Jets were taking Ed Oliver over Quinnen Williams? The coaches preferred Ed, but the FO was going Q.

Have to wonder if the same could be the case with Houston where coaches may prefer Stingley but front office ultimately goes Gardner. 

Either way, would lead to a fascinating debate at #4…  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Stingly to me looks very smooth and fluid in coverage and has good hands. You could do a lot worse at DB. 

The same approach was used to justify the Miliner pick by Idzik

Good luck with that crap shoot of a pick by whoever takes him

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

He is now the favorite in Vegas

D9286E12-663D-438B-AC11-EEC4D2645C50.png

So this is getting crazy.... but I believe it.  I'm a "follow the money" kinda guy.  But this also dovetails with what Connor Rogers has been saying.  He said if Stingley hadn't been hurt he'd be ahead of Sauce and "it wasn't even close."  Similar to Jameson Williams.  How is Jameson not the easy WR1 in this Draft?  Simple, injury.

Teams don't draft college players.  They draft what they think these men will become in the NFL within 3 years.

• Upvote 1

I'm actually starting to buy some of this Travon Walker and Derek Stingley ending up in the Top 5 kinda talk.  It may not happen, but it's not just smokescreen.  These guys are in serious consideration.

I remember when Reggie Bush was the no-doubt #1 overall pick.... until he wasn't.  Charlie Casserly (I know, I know!) staked his career on taking DE Mario Williams over Bush.  He took a ton of heat, but he was right.

Last thing I'll say about the odds kinda stuff.  People know much more that I do about betting lines, odds, etc.  But if serious coin is being played on some guys this late in the Draft process then the cat might be out of the bag, especially with teams at the very top like the Jags and Texans with some unexpected picks.  Draft boards are being finalized yesterday, today, tomorrow.  If a guy in an organization gets some info or has seen something it only takes a quick text to a cousin like, "Stingley wouldn't be bad," to get that knucklehead dropping $1,000 on "Stingley to the Texans."  And, if that knucklehead cousin only has $1,500 to his name and his buddies see him doing this then things start to roll.

Vegas and Wall Street tend to know things before everyone else.  Just watch unusual options activity in the stock market.  It's a great leading indicator of what might happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1