Kayvon Thibodeaux is the favorite to go to the Jets at No. 4

Oregon pass rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux doesn’t like the pre-draft process. He may end up liking the draft itself. A lot.

PointsBet has Thibodeaux pegged at the +150 favorite to be the fourth overall pick, by the Jets.

That will surprise many who have Thibodeaux pegged to slip and slide out of the top 10. (Our one and only mock draft puts him to the Jets, at the tenth pick.)

Next on the list is Florida State edge rusher Jermaine Johnson at +300, followed by Cincinnati cornerback Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner at +475 and N.C. State tackle Ikem Ekwonu at +500.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1. Jaguars: Travon Walker, defensive end, Georgia.

They thought about taking a tackle. The current thinking is they will stick with a pass rusher.

2. Lions: Aidan Hutchinson, defensive end, Michigan.

He fills a need, and his Michigan connection is great for business. If he’s there, it’s a no-brainer.

3. Texans: Evan Neal, tackle, Alabama. 

A team that has plenty of needs could go in plenty of different directions here.

4. Jets: Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, cornerback, Cincinnati.

The Jets migrate from Revis Island to Sauce City.

5. Giants: Ikem Ekwonu, tackle, N.C. State.

The offensive line is and has been a mess. Ekwonu starts the process of cleaning things up.

6. Panthers: Charles Cross, tackle, Mississippi State.

They need a quarterback, but they ultimately may not like one enough to make him the sixth pick.

7. Giants: Drake London, receiver, USC.

I’d personally go with Jameson Williams here, but I’m deferring to the person who crafted this draft.

8. Falcons: Kyle Hamilton, safety, Notre Dame.

A potential generational talent becomes the anchor of a team that is hoping to once again become a perennial contender.

9. Seahawks: Derek Stingley, Jr., cornerback, LSU.

They could trade down, or they could grab a guy who could become one of the cornerstones of Legion of Boom 2.0.

10. Jets: Kavon Thibodeaux, edge rusher, Oregon.

All those people who are talking about Thibodeaux sliding out of the top 10 could be hoping he does, so that they can draft him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

The Jets won't take him because they are morons and will overthink it.  KT will go to the Giants and undoubtedly be the next Umenyiora / JPP / Tuck and haunt us for the next decade.  It's in the stars.

This is the most annoying and thus most likely scenario. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The Jets won't take him because they are morons and will overthink it.  KT will go to the Giants and undoubtedly be the next Umenyiora / JPP / Tuck and haunt us for the next decade.  It's in the stars.

Same as them taking the other players we may covet, but what's the point... we don't get to pick a number of players at the 4th pick. So if they get KT at 5 and he turns out to be LT, and we take Ekwonu who turns out to be Brick.  I just don't get the point other than SOJ...

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

Same as them taking the other players we may covet, but what's the point... we don't get to pick a number of players at the 4th pick. So if they get KT at 5 and he turns out to be LT, and we take Ekwonu who turns out to be Brick.  I just don't get the point other than SOJ...

You think it would be OK to take a D'Brickashaw over a Lawrence Taylor?

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

You think it would be OK to take a D'Brickashaw over a Lawrence Taylor?

I didn't say that, I'm just saying that you can't worry about who the guys behind us take after our pick. There's always going to be wish we did this or that...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

If Jermaine is the pick at 4, will he take number 11 from Mims?

god I hope not I hate this new number allowance for positions... and if for some reason he goes at 4 and  he wants it Mims needs to catch some $$$$$$$$$ since we don't think he's back 

I do not want an edge rusher at 4 who rarely uses his hand or moves to get off blocks. I'm sure the Jets scout team have noticed that in Thibodeaux's game tape. Good speed around the edge and quick off the snap but that's all he has in his game. He has bust written all over him

2 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

4. Jets: Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, cornerback, Cincinnati.

The Jets migrate from Revis Island to Sauce City.

10. Jets: Kavon Thibodeaux, edge rusher, Oregon.

All those people who are talking about Thibodeaux sliding out of the top 10 could be hoping he does, so that they can draft him.

Great adds, on paper, for the Franchise-worst 2021 Jets Defense Saleh produced.

Hope you have some serious plans for how to support Zach Wilson and the Offense in 2022 tho, because as constituted today, we're still a bottom-of-league Offense IMO.  I know many folks think 2nd and 3rd round WR's are just as good as 1st rounders, so if that's the plan, I hope you're right.  Because we need serious help at both WR and RB right now, and Zach hasn't yet shown he can make poor talent look great.  And make no mistake, Carter (while a good piece) isn't going to carry the running game alone, and the players behind him are mostly trash, and Davis/Moore/Berrios might be one of the worst starting WR trios in the NFL.  You have to have a hell of alot of faith to think that group is good enough to win anything in 2022, or even stay on the field for the whole year.  And like RB, the depth guys are mostly trash, Mims most likely included.

So great, we got a potential #1 CB and a Pass Rusher, I like both guys just fine.

But that Jets O is going to be sad without some addition, and no, we're not getting Deebo at all, mush less for less than a 1st rounder.

JMO.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

KT is going to be a bust, or a third down package player like Chandler Jones if anything at all.  

If JD has a brain, he'll take Ickey (but he wont be there as I expect the Jags or Texans to take him), and if Ickey is not there, they will go with Sauce.  If both are gone, trade out of the # 4 spot and use the extra pick to buy more WR's.

This draft is PACKED with WR's all the way into round three that will be very nice players.  Any of these prospects below can be considered as potential starters and I'd wager most of them will wind up being outstanding producers

This is the draft to LOAD up on WR's.  

Garrett Wilson, Ohio State. 

Jameson Williams, Alabama. 

Drake London, USC. 

Chris Olave, Ohio State

Treylon Burks, 

Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

George Pickens, Georgia. ...

Jahan Dotson, Penn State. ...

Christian Watson, North Dakota State

50 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

KT is going to be a bust, or a third down package player like Chandler Jones if anything at all.  

If JD has a brain, he'll take Ickey (but he wont be there as I expect the Jags or Texans to take him), and if Ickey is not there, they will go with Sauce.  If both are gone, trade out of the # 4 spot and use the extra pick to buy more WR's.

This draft is PACKED with WR's all the way into round three that will be very nice players.  Any of these prospects below can be considered as potential starters and I'd wager most of them will wind up being outstanding producers

This is the draft to LOAD up on WR's.  

Garrett Wilson, Ohio State. 

Jameson Williams, Alabama. 

Drake London, USC. 

Chris Olave, Ohio State

Treylon Burks, 

Skyy Moore, Western Michigan

George Pickens, Georgia. ...

Jahan Dotson, Penn State. ...

Christian Watson, North Dakota State

Trade out to ???  

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Lower in the first round, I suppose. And along with swapping with what ever team wants to move up, get an extra 2nd rounder this year and a pick for next year as well.

I understand. Just not that easy. What team wants to come up to #4, for which player and give up all those picks to do so. 

I'm not opposed but it doesn’t sound like there is a player a team would want to go get and for the draft capital it would take. If the QBs were rated higher, definitely possible. 

We’ll see. 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I understand. Just not that easy. What team wants to come up to #4, for which player and give up all those picks to do so. 

I'm not opposed but it doesn’t sound like there is a player a team would want to go get and for the draft capital it would take. If the QBs were rated higher, definitely possible. 

We’ll see. 

You are probably right.  No prospects in this draft that anyone is drooling over.  Especially QB's.  None to be had

16 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Would the jets take Jermaine Johnson at 4 (if Ekwuno is not there)?

I haven’t been given a specific order how they rank the pass rushers. It sounds like to me Ekwonu and Gardner are higher on their board, and I don’t think Douglas will reach. He’s been explicit in stating they’ll take BPA at #4 

A few have speculated whether the Jets would consider moving up from 10. I think that’s possible. They can probably work out a deal with CAR or NYG to move from 10 to 6/7 if they really loved JJ that much

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, football guy said:

and I don’t think Douglas will reach.

These two statement are diametrically opposed. They won’t reach for a player at #4 BUT… will trade additional assets to move up 3/4 spots to grab him @ 6 or 7. 

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

A few have speculated whether the Jets would consider moving up from 10. I think that’s possible. They can probably work out a deal with CAR or NYG to move from 10 to 6/7 if they really loved JJ that much

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Hope you have some serious plans for how to support Zach Wilson and the Offense in 2022 tho, because as constituted today, we're still a bottom-of-league Offense IMO.  I know many folks think 2nd and 3rd round WR's are just as good as 1st rounders, so if that's the plan, I hope you're right.  Because we need serious help at both WR and RB right now, and Zach hasn't yet shown he can make poor talent look great.  And make no mistake, Carter (while a good piece) isn't going to carry the running game alone, and the players behind him are mostly trash, and Davis/Moore/Berrios might be one of the worst starting WR trios in the NFL.  You have to have a hell of alot of faith to think that group is good enough to win anything in 2022, or even stay on the field for the whole year.  And like RB, the depth guys are mostly trash, Mims most likely included.

This paragraph written by a guy who doesn't want Deebo Samuel.

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

24 minutes ago, football guy said:

I haven’t been given a specific order how they rank the pass rushers. It sounds like to me Ekwonu and Gardner are higher on their board, and I don’t think Douglas will reach. He’s been explicit in stating they’ll take BPA at #4 

It sounds like the preferred plan is ickey at 4 and then JJ at 10.  But what happens if they go ickey and then the edges are all gone by 10, and the BAP is london?

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

It sounds like the preferred plan is ickey at 4 and then JJ at 10.  But what happens if they go ickey and then the edges are all gone by 10, and the BAP is london?

Then they draft London (if they haven't already traded for Deebo).