Kayvon Thibodeaux is the favorite to go to the Jets at No. 4

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It sounds like the preferred plan is ickey at 4 and then JJ at 10.  But what happens if they go ickey and then the edges are all gone by 10, and the BAP is london?

It will depend how the board falls and how many they like. Gotta think 2 of the top 5 Edges will be there at 10

13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Connor Hughes, whatever you think about him, has been connected with this front office and he is adamant that the Jets will not draft KT.  Take that for what it's worth.

The same front office that never lets anything leak is now telling anyone and everyone that they like all the prospects except KT? Sure lol

3 hours ago, choon328 said:

Connor Hughes, whatever you think about him, has been connected with this front office and he is adamant that the Jets will not draft KT.  Take that for what it's worth.

Yeah, I really have a hard time believing the Jets were passing on him...But Hughes does seem to have the most inside information of anyone out there.

Makes me think I was wrong and they really are going to pass on him.

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Oregon pass rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux doesn’t like the pre-draft process. He may end up liking the draft itself. A lot.

PointsBet has Thibodeaux pegged at the +150 favorite to be the fourth overall pick, by the Jets.

That will surprise many who have Thibodeaux pegged to slip and slide out of the top 10. (Our one and only mock draft puts him to the Jets, at the tenth pick.)

Next on the list is Florida State edge rusher Jermaine Johnson at +300, followed by Cincinnati cornerback Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner at +475 and N.C. State tackle Ikem Ekwonu at +500.

If he is there at 4 then that's the pick.

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Not sure.  It’s possible 3 edges to 1, 2 and 3.  Also the giants have 2 picks and could take one.  

You'd then take one or wait til the 2nd. But there is still a situation where it goes Walker, Willis, and Ekwonu. In that situation I'd pass on Edge at 4.

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

One or both of the rumors were probably smokescreens.  Just from observation, Joe D. doesn't seem to be content to just try to stop the truth from leaking out of the building.  He seems to believe in pushing false, even contradictory information out there for obfuscation purposes, particularly during FA and draft time.  Could be why some of the beat reporters seem to be locked in sometimes, and way off other times.

I really believe this whole kayvon slipping this is pre draft nonsense. How does a guy go from #1 overall projections to outside the top ten off of character concerns that are minor from what I have seen. It’s not like the guy has any legal issues or drinking/drugs in his past, from what I have seen he’s made some dumb comments. Leaving the combine early was a bad look, but I don’t personally think that makes him a worse football player. I could be missing something though if anybody has anything I don’t see please correct me 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

1. Jaguars: Travon Walker, defensive end, Georgia.

They thought about taking a tackle. The current thinking is they will stick with a pass rusher.

2. Lions: Aidan Hutchinson, defensive end, Michigan.

He fills a need, and his Michigan connection is great for business. If he’s there, it’s a no-brainer.

3. Texans: Evan Neal, tackle, Alabama. 

A team that has plenty of needs could go in plenty of different directions here.

4. Jets: Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, cornerback, Cincinnati.

The Jets migrate from Revis Island to Sauce City.

5. Giants: Ikem Ekwonu, tackle, N.C. State.

The offensive line is and has been a mess. Ekwonu starts the process of cleaning things up.

6. Panthers: Charles Cross, tackle, Mississippi State.

They need a quarterback, but they ultimately may not like one enough to make him the sixth pick.

7. Giants: Drake London, receiver, USC.

I’d personally go with Jameson Williams here, but I’m deferring to the person who crafted this draft.

8. Falcons: Kyle Hamilton, safety, Notre Dame.

A potential generational talent becomes the anchor of a team that is hoping to once again become a perennial contender.

9. Seahawks: Derek Stingley, Jr., cornerback, LSU.

They could trade down, or they could grab a guy who could become one of the cornerstones of Legion of Boom 2.0.

10. Jets: Kavon Thibodeaux, edge rusher, Oregon.

All those people who are talking about Thibodeaux sliding out of the top 10 could be hoping he does, so that they can draft him.

I don't like the CB pick BUT if he becomes the next "near" Revis, of course. I want Ickey and Thibo.

Not happening.
Most reports seem to suggest he's not even in consideration. Anyways the Lions could do us a favour by taking him so we don't pass on him and have to watch him become a superstar. 

Reports are meaningless until the actual
Drafts