Jump to content

2022 NFL Draft: Rumors & Discussion


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Maybe we can merge this with a few other threads? Either way, I think it’s time to have one official draft thread. 


As far as Jets rumors: nothing has really changed on my front—expecting Ekwonu and a pass rusher at 4 and 10. 

One interesting take:

An agent I spoke to hears Burks will slide into the 2nd round on draft day. It’s less about workouts and more about projecting him into an NFL offense. Given the Deebo Samuel comparisons and scheme fit, you’d have to think the Jets would be in on him. The other 2nd round receiver on our radar is Christian Watson; Jets coaches have been smitten with him ever since the first day of senior bowl practices and he’s a legitimate option if the Jets don’t address WR in round 1. 

 

Very similar to what Connor Rogers said earlier! If JJ or KT are there at 10 id be pumped 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, football guy said:

Maybe we can merge this with a few other threads? Either way, I think it’s time to have one official draft thread. 


As far as Jets rumors: nothing has really changed on my front—expecting Ekwonu and a pass rusher at 4 and 10. 

One interesting take:

An agent I spoke to hears Burks will slide into the 2nd round on draft day. It’s less about workouts and more about projecting him into an NFL offense. Given the Deebo Samuel comparisons and scheme fit, you’d have to think the Jets would be in on him. The other 2nd round receiver on our radar is Christian Watson; Jets coaches have been smitten with him ever since the first day of senior bowl practices and he’s a legitimate option if the Jets don’t address WR in round 1. 

Any idea if they're leaning more heavily to O vs D?  I was thinking it might be realistic to get Sauce at 4, JJ at 10, a safety and LB at 35 and 38.  That would basically fix the defense.  Then we could still take a WR, TE, RB and OL after that.  Not saying it's necessarily the best approach (especially in the offense-heavy NFL) but I could see Saleh pushing for something like that as a HC who comes from the defensive side of the ball.

Other questions:

Have you heard anything on the Devin Lloyd front?  Or maybe we have too many needs and not enough draft picks in the 1st to be able to snag him anyway?  Are there any LBs they like?  Leo Chenal maybe?

Do they like Linda Baum and do they think there's a chance he'll fall into round 2?

How about TEs?  Any sense if they're planning to draft one of these guys?  Or maybe they feel set due to the 2 signings?  (though we have no depth).

Any RBs they're liking?

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Seems like most think ickey will fall to 4.  The only team in the top 3 that would take him i think is the Texans.

I think I heard Albert Breer say that he's heard people say Charles Cross is the top OL for some.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think I heard Albert Breer say that he's heard people say Charles Cross is the top OL for some.  

Yeah but I would worry about him, not a strong run blocker and not elite feet.  

I wonder if douglas has a trade waiting if he drafts ickey or if he’d just keep them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I wonder what happens if Walker and Icky are both there at 4. Either way if we leave the 1st Round with an OT & EDGE DE then I'm happy to address WR in the 2nd.

In that scenario, I could foresee Walker at 4 and then Penning at 10.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

35 or 38 I would love Burks there.  Wow.

The end of Round 1 will be just as interesting as the beginning as we watch the "Best Remaining Players" list over the last few picks.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

In that scenario, I could foresee Walker at 4 and then Penning at 10.

I cant trust penning. Let someone else risk it.  I don't want Walker.  I hate both those picks. In my opinion, that's the worst combo possible.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I cant trust penning. Let someone else risk it.  I don't want Walker.  I hate both those picks. In my opinion, that's the worst combo possible.

I like Walker, but I am not sold on Penning. At all.

He seems very raw, will hold a lot, and get a load of late-hit flags too.

JD seems intrigued by him though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I like Walker, but I am not sold on Penning. At all.

He seems very raw, will hold a lot, and get a load of late-hit flags too.

JD seems intrigued by him though.

Based on what?

He had visits with lots of players. Where do you get intrigued from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, King P said:

@football guy anything on Becton?

I heard Jets are talking to Fant about an extension. And Ikey by your admission seems to be the favorite at 4.

If that's the case, you think there will be trade discussions for Becton?

Fant not taking any discount’s 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, football guy said:

An agent I spoke to hears Burks will slide into the 2nd round on draft day. It’s less about workouts and more about projecting him into an NFL offense. Given the Deebo Samuel comparisons and scheme fit, you’d have to think the Jets would be in on him. The other 2nd round receiver on our radar is Christian WatsonJets coaches have been smitten with him ever since the first day of senior bowl practices and he’s a legitimate option if the Jets don’t address WR in round 1. 

Then they need to be fired. 

I think Burks sliding into their laps at #35 is more likely/ideal. They've done the homework and he fits the bill... i also agree with the reasoning behind the slide. The more i watched the more it became clear he's really not a develop outside/route runner yet. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Christian Watson makes to much sense, speedster who has was used in a lot a ways at NDSU, still a scary prospect. Im not a big fan of Burks but his SEC is not something easy to do.

Guy got serious drop issues.  But i like the upside

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...