Jump to content

2022 NFL Draft: Rumors & Discussion


Recommended Posts

If we take another OL in the first round, anything short of running down people’s throat like the colts did last year will be an abject failure.

This is also assuming Zach can learn to sit in the pocket this year instead of running backwards like a chicken with its head cut off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Then they need to be fired. 

I think Burks sliding into their laps at #35 is more likely/ideal. They've done the homework and he fits the bill... i also agree with the reasoning behind the slide. The more i watched the more it became clear he's really not a develop outside/route runner yet. 

 

But you need to be able to run the routes for the 3 receiver positions to get playing time on this team ! 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'd be curious if anyone has any thoughts on why KT has fallen totally out of favor. Is it really his personality?

All that happened was they built him up on the internet,then tore him down  Nothing really changed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Then they need to be fired. 

I think Burks sliding into their laps at #35 is more likely/ideal. They've done the homework and he fits the bill... i also agree with the reasoning behind the slide. The more i watched the more it became clear he's really not a develop outside/route runner yet. 

 

If this were to happen I don’t see how they take Watson over Burks. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

If this were to happen I don’t see how they take Watson over Burks. 

He offers more in speed. Watson fits both things we know the jets want in a WR Big and Fast.  The drops are concerning tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Christian Watson makes to much sense, speedster who has was used in a lot a ways at NDSU, still a scary prospect. Im not a big fan of Burks but his SEC is not something easy to do.

Watson and Burks both can fit that Deebo-Type mold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Burks is a bit of a mess of a prospect. A gadget player who tested horribly athletically isn’t falling without reason. He seems like exactly the type who would bust spectacularly with the Jets but thrive somewhere like New England.

I’ve resigned myself to getting Jermaine Johnson. Not as mad if it’s at #10 but I still think he’s just a mediocre borderline 1st round prospect.

Ekwonu links are really heating up. Hughes has completely changed his tune and seems to think that’s where we’re going. Becton is done if that happens. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He offers more in speed. Watson fits both things we know the jets want in a WR Big and Fast.  The drops are concerning tho

and he's less developed as a receiver. Watson going to be another Stephen Hill

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

 

Very similar to what Connor Rogers said earlier! If JJ or KT are there at 10 id be pumped 

And if the Jets go Ickey at #4 and then get sniped for an Edge rusher at 10 (meaning both Thibs and Johnson are gone) then I'd go WR at 10, and then trade up from 35 into the 20's to get Ebiketie.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And if the Jets go Ickey at #4 and then get sniped for an Edge rusher at 10 (meaning both Thibs and Johnson are gone) then I'd go WR at 10, and then trade up from 35 into the 20's to get Ebiketie.

Could also try to create a package with 35 to aquire Danielle Hunter or maybe Chaisson/Allen from the Jags assuming they go edge at 1

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And if the Jets go Ickey at #4 and then get sniped for an Edge rusher at 10 (meaning both Thibs and Johnson are gone) then I'd go WR at 10, and then trade up from 35 into the 20's to get Ebiketie.

 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Could also try to create a package with 35 to aquire Danielle Hunter or maybe Chaisson/Allen from the Jags assuming they go edge at 1

Yup, and if they don't address OL in Round 1 (which is fine with me), they could come back with one of those Round 2 picks for a great RT prospect. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

 

Yup, and if they don't address OL in Round 1 (which is fine with me), they could come back with one of those Round 2 picks for a great RT prospect. 

100% agree. I'm not a huge fan of OL in round one tbh I think Edge is the most pressing need we have at the moment, but an OT in the 2nd would be fine by me!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Burks at 35 or 38 I could live with.  Burks at 10, or in a trade up from 35, not so much.

Burks and Penning are prospects that I want no part of at 10, but if we got them both in the 2nd I would be ecstatic.  It is the kind of thing that makes me wonder about how I think about prospects 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

It makes zero sense for Fant to sign an extension before the draft.  His agents may know the Jets may move Becton and that would give Fant much more leverage in negotiations.  

Or the Jets. oould draft a tackle at 4.  Then where is his leverage?  At that point we might just be flipping Fant for pick(s)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Burks and Penning are prospects that I want no part of at 10, but if we got them both in the 2nd I would be ecstatic.  It is the kind of thing that makes me wonder about how I think about prospects 

Difference between expecting a day one impact and taking a developmental guy at an important position?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I posted this in another thread but wanted to drop it here to throw just a little water on the Sauce at 4 idea.  The 49ers have had a consistently top defense for years.  How do they do it?  Where did they invest?

They haven't drafted any kind of defensive back (CB, FS, SS) earlier than Round 3.  Yet they've hit DL with their 1st Round pick 3 times in 5 years.

Tell me again we're going with a man-cover CB at #4 in Sauce during a Draft that also has DLmen at the top?

 

1801011095_ScreenShot2022-04-27at12_18_40PM.thumb.png.99e2f74e54a1a6182932739c133186a1.png

This this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this

The good news is - I suspect our regime understands this

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this

The good news is - I suspect our regime understands this

Man....Bosa and Deebo with the first two picks in 2019.  That's exactly the kind of draft I want tomorrow.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Or the Jets. oould draft a tackle at 4.  Then where is his leverage?  At that point we might just be flipping Fant for pick(s)

He would be in the same boat as he is in now, competing with Becton at LT. The Jets have approached him prior to the draft which means regardless of who they draft they want to extend Fant. What that number will be is yet to be decided. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, derp said:

Curious who edge targets might be at 35/38 or a trade up from those spots if they don’t take one at 4/10. Karlaftis/Mafe?

Mafe most likely and iirc he performed better at senior bowl than Ebeketie maybe a team swing at Ojabo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Burks is not falling out of the 1st imo, some team will trade up to get him at the end of the 1st if he is still there.  KC has late 1st round picks so does GB and i still think a team like the pats will go after him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

Mafe most likely and iirc he performed better at senior bowl than Ebeketie maybe a team swing at Ojabo

Mafe was who came to mind, maybe Karlaftis.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I posted this in another thread but wanted to drop it here to throw just a little water on the Sauce at 4 idea.  The 49ers have had a consistently top defense for years.  How do they do it?  Where did they invest?

They haven't drafted any kind of defensive back (CB, FS, SS) earlier than Round 3.  Yet they've hit DL with their 1st Round pick 3 times in 5 years.

Tell me again we're going with a man-cover CB at #4 in Sauce during a Draft that also has DLmen at the top?

 

1801011095_ScreenShot2022-04-27at12_18_40PM.thumb.png.99e2f74e54a1a6182932739c133186a1.png

Buckner and Armstead before that too. They like their defensive tackles. Jets haven’t replaced Fatukasi. Is JFM kicking in to DT or do they take a DT in the first?

*ducks*

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I posted this in another thread but wanted to drop it here to throw just a little water on the Sauce at 4 idea.  The 49ers have had a consistently top defense for years.  How do they do it?  Where did they invest?

They haven't drafted any kind of defensive back (CB, FS, SS) earlier than Round 3.  Yet they've hit DL with their 1st Round pick 3 times in 5 years.

Tell me again we're going with a man-cover CB at #4 in Sauce during a Draft that also has DLmen at the top?

 

1801011095_ScreenShot2022-04-27at12_18_40PM.thumb.png.99e2f74e54a1a6182932739c133186a1.png

They had Richard Sherman signed. They had a shutdown guy so they never needed to draft a corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, derp said:

Curious who edge targets might be at 35/38 or a trade up from those spots if they don’t take one at 4/10. Karlaftis/Mafe?

I don't think Karlaftis makes it out of Round 1, although he may not go until the late teens or 20's.

Let's say the Jets don't hit Edge at 4 or 10, my targets would be either Ebiketie or Mafe at 35.... but it might require a trade-up to get the one they want.

Another interesting question for those advocating for the injured Jameson Williams at 10 or if the Jets trade back a bit - What about David Ojabo in Round 2?  He's a Top 15-20 talent.  Would you give him a redshirt 2022 season to be on the upside when he's healthy in 2023?  Personally, I like that kind of risk/reward but the only thing holding me back is that we have Carl Lawson coming off the same exact injury, a torn ACL.  I can't imagine the Jets betting their Edge rush on two guys coming off ACL EDIT: Achilles injuries, one of whom is a very expensive free agent (Lawson) and the other who would require a valuable Round 1/2 Draft pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

They had Richard Sherman signed. They had a shutdown guy so they never needed to draft a corner.

Huh?  Sherman wasn't a shutdown guy with the 49ers the past few years and he's a zone coverage CB.  He got roasted in the Super Bowl on a key play that helped KC win the championship.

 

From 2020...

 

1240744802_ScreenShot2022-04-27at1_00_05PM.thumb.png.c850eec7c4c6628ee0c8f1144d5d2004.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...