2022 NFL Draft: Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

He would be in the same boat as he is in now, competing with Becton at LT. The Jets have approached him prior to the draft which means regardless of who they draft they want to extend Fant. What that number will be is yet to be decided. 

The tricky thing is, he'll want to be paid as a LT, we may only want to pay him / play him as a RT ... I doubt any extension gets sorted until the rest of the line-up falls into place a bit more.

51 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Huge difference from a GM standpoint. You can trade back from 10 and regain that equity. Total headcount might not change much but one version still includes 2 players taken in the first 

This makes sense. 

51 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The tricky thing is, he'll want to be paid as a LT, we may only want to pay him / play him as a RT ... I doubt any extension gets sorted until the rest of the line-up falls into place a bit more.

He's not a RT. There's a reason the Jets are connected to Icky, it's bc he's a RG/RT. Becton is done here.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

If we take another OL in the first round, anything short of running down people’s throat like the colts did last year will be an abject failure.

This is also assuming Zach can learn to sit in the pocket this year instead of running backwards like a chicken with its head cut off.

Hence why JD is in love with Icky... ML wants to run the ball more.

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Because they have prospects they’re keyed in on at 10. It’s no different than what was the case during the Hill trade

Plus, you can trade back from 10 and recoup some picks they may give up in a trade and still get your guy if you only move back a few spots.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I wanna kick Daniel Jeremiahs ass for his last mock.  I like the guy but in his final mock he has us trading up with Seattle to get to 9 from 10 and give up a 4th rounder to draft drake london. F that.

He’s a big London fan, but yea that makes no sense 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Not watching...who did he have us taking at 4?

This was in response to whether or not we should trade both seconds and a later pick or #10 for Deebo. I prefer to keep 10 because it's a nice spot to trade out of and recoup some of the picks we lost in the trade.

• Upvote 1

Ben Allbright’s mock:

1) Jacksonville Jaguars - Travon Walker, EDGE

2) Detroit Lions - Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE

3) Houston Texans - Ikem Ekwonu, OT

4) NY Jets - Sauce Gardner, CB

5) NY Giants - Charles Cross, OT

6) Carolina Panthers - Kenny Pickett, QB

7) NY Giants - Derek Stingley, CB

? Atlanta Falcons - Drake London, WR

9) Seattle Seahawks - Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE

10) NY Jets - Jermaine Johnson, EDGE

11) Washington Commanders - Garrett Wilson

https://koacolorado.iheart.com/featured/broncos-country-tonight/content/2022-04-27-benjamin-allbrights-2022-nfl-mock-draft/

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Ben Allbright’s mock:

https://koacolorado.iheart.com/featured/broncos-country-tonight/content/2022-04-27-benjamin-allbrights-2022-nfl-mock-draft/

Jets should try to snooker Schneider to trade down to 9 if Ekonwu is gone. Seahawks are the only team I’ve heard of that actually want Thibodeaux

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets should try to snooker Schneider to trade down to 9 if Ekonwu is gone. Seahawks are the only team I’ve heard of that actually want Thibodeaux

I don’t see the jets taking gardener here over thibs.  It’s possible if the jets took gardener that both jj and thibs are gone by 10 and if the jets took london, they would not have addressed either ol or dl with those 2 picks and that’s not the douglas way. 

I think all the anti thibs crap out there is bs and he’s going to the jets at 4, unless maybe if ekongwu is also there.  But i do believe thibs is a jet tomorrow at pick 4.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ben Allbright’s mock:

So goddam happy if Drake London is off the board before pick ten. 

• Upvote 3

A few things to point out if the Jets do select Ekwonu 4th overall tomorrow night… 

1. Teams are more willing than ever to cut bait on former 1st round picks sooner rather than later. 
  2. Jets have negotiated with Fant, but they’re not locked into anything. They can absolutely go into camp with a Fant vs. Becton competition before determining who they seek to build around going forward. 
  3. If they do select Ekwonu, it gives them a lot of negotiating leverage with Fant if they do intent to extend him and trade Becton. 
  4. Becton is still too young and too talented to not net a significant return. My guess is they would be able to get a future 2nd and 4th round pick at minimum. 
  • Upvote 3

Just now, football guy said:

A few things to point out if the Jets do select Ekwonu 4th overall tomorrow night… 

1. Teams are more willing than ever to cut bait on former 1st round picks sooner rather than later. 
  2. Jets have negotiated with Fant, but they’re not locked into anything. They can absolutely go into camp with a Fant vs. Becton competition before determining who they seek to build around going forward. 
  3. If they do select Ekwonu, it gives them a lot of negotiating leverage with Fant if they do intent to extend him and trade Becton. 
  4. Becton is still too young and too talented to not net a significant return. My guess is they would be able to get a future 2nd and 4th round pick at minimum. 

Anything on Hutch? Would they take him?

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

If the first 3 picks are walker/hutch/cb, would the jets take ekwonu over thibs?

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ben Allbright’s mock:

A+ in my book. I think our board:

Hutch

Sauce

Ekwonu

Johnson

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ben Allbright’s mock:

I don't see Stingley going top 10... he's gonna free fall. He should anyway. I talked to Ben, he's not so sure Ekwonu makes it to #4. So much misdirection right now, with only a few blue chip names... I don't think JJ lasts till #10, but we'll see. I

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

Sounds like they think Ekwonu will be there @ 4...

And what hasn't been clear to this point is - are we moving on from Becton or do we just love Ekwonu? More to the point - if Ekwonu is gone, is it Neal or Cross @ 4 ahead of a pass rusher?

Edited by RedBeardedSavage
said @ 3, meant @ 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Can’t speak for @football guy, but yes, I believe they would.

So basically ekwonu is plan A, he starts at RT and they either flip becton or bring him into camp and have him compete at LT and see what he’s made of.  Then at 10 they’re either in the hunt for JJ or if the edges are gone, trade back.  Can’t go OL/wr in round 1.

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

Sounds like they think Ekwonu will be there @ 3...

And what hasn't been clear to this point is - are we moving on from Becton or do we just love Ekwonu? More to the point - if Ekwonu is gone, is it Neal or Cross @ 4 ahead of a pass rusher?

I would be surprised if they took gardener over thibs, they need thibs so much more.

4 hours ago, football guy said:

Last year offense was a heavy emphasis. This year I think there’s more of a desire to invest in the defense, but I think the organization will slightly lean offense until Zach has “made it”… so no, I don’t think your scenario will come to fruition. Maybe a CB-DE combo in round 1, but they would add players on offense with some of their premium assets one way or another. 

I haven’t asked about Lloyd. I don’t think the Jets would consider him in round 1. Chad Muma is the LB they’ve been most associated with outside R1. I think pick 69 is possible for a LB absolutely if they hold onto it.

If it's not one of the Top 4-5 LBs and the Jets wait a little longer then I think Troy Anderson is the guys they'd want.  He may be gone by 69 though.  That's one of the challenges with how the Jets are positioned.  For as good as the 4, 10 and 35, 38 combos are there's a pretty big gap between 38 and 69.  A LOT of really good players are going to evaporate before the Jets are back on the clock in that 3rd round.

I haven’t heard much on Linderbaum. I would have to think he’ll be under strong consideration if he’s there in round 2, but that would likely mean they have to move CMG. From what I understand, they want starters/big time contributors with their top 3-4 picks. 

TE will be prioritized in the 4th. I think a lot of good ones will be on the board. Wouldn’t rule out the 3rd round.

The 3rd and 4th rounds seem like a sweet spot for TEs.  None of them seem worth it at #38 or earlier, but a really good crop will probably go of the Board between say 45 and 90.

There are a few names I don’t know off the top of my head but I think it’s Pierre Strong? (currently no service on the subway as I write this). Either way I think they’ll take one on Day 3

Later RBs I've heard for the Jets include Strong and Dameon Pearce.