Jets should NOT pick OL in the 1st round

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not a big fan of T at 4, but the reality is that Fant is a free agent after this year and becton has serious injury concerns. We could be going into next year with a serious issue at tackle.  

Like I said I'm fine with the Jets draft OT in 3rd round for depth purposes. If Becton doesn't work out or if they don't extend Fant then draft OT in 1st next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not a big fan of T at 4, but the reality is that Fant is a free agent after this year and becton has serious injury concerns. We could be going into next year with a serious issue at tackle.  

Yeah, but is OL really important to Joe Douglas?

He seemed fine having Conor McDermott start 3 games last year on a team that already had Becton, Fant, Moses.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Thank you. Not only would taking a T at 4 or 10 be extremely dumb, that would mean you'd be trading Becton when his value is at its lowest. 

That said, the Jets need a swing tackle who isn't a fat sack of crap like Edoga and who could feasibly push for a starting spot if Fant isn't resigned or Becton has another lost season. Any OL picks this year need to be competent depth/possible future starters that fit the system. You can find those guys after round 1.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Thank you. Not only would taking a T at 4 or 10 be extremely dumb, that would mean you'd be trading Becton when his value is at its lowest. 

That said, the Jets need a swing tackle who isn't a fat sack of crap like Edoga and who could feasibly push for a starting spot if Fant isn't resigned or Becton has another lost season. Any OL picks this year need to be competent depth/possible future starters that fit the system. You can find those guys after round 1.  

exactly GIF

• Upvote 1

I like studying offensive linemen but believe, wasting draft capital

to take them high is monkey sh*t crazy. Sean O'Hara had the formula

right, you take hard working, intelligent, above average athletes and put

them under the tutelage of an diligent experienced coach and your OL

will be fine. There were a number of good prospects at the Senior Bowl

coached by our highly qualified coach, John Benton. It was a mistake

taking the out of shape, poorly motivated Becton. Although AVT is

a better player wasting two thirds, when we would have been better off taking

the offensive lineman the Vikes took Christian Darrisaw

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

but that is nexts years problem. JD will have 3 drafts and 2 1/2 years left on his contract in Jan. he is definitely at that spot that he could get fired if we win another 4 or 5 games. he might not be here next year.

if JD doesnt address the worst defense in NFL history and get his 2nd year QB the best WR he can he will look incompetent. he needs to worry about this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but that is nexts years problem. JD will have 3 drafts and 2 1/2 years left on his contract in Jan. he is definitely at that spot that he could get fired if we win another 4 or 5 games. he might not be here next year.

if JD doesnt address the worst defense in NFL history and get his 2nd year QB the best WR he can he will look incompetent. he needs to worry about this year.

Exactly, OL is next year's problem. Take care of the current needs now!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DoomProphet said:

We have too many needs elsewhere to even think about drafting OL at 4 or 10.  If they wanna draft a tackle in the 3rd round I'd be okay with that.

Becton is a question mark. Isn't the OL a huge need, maybe the greatest if they want to give this young qb the help/support he needs?

What if we get stud players at 4 and 10 but Zach ends up running backwards every passing play? What has that accomplished? Are you assuming Becton is sure fire going to come into camp at weight and not get injured?