Twitter is dumb

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Everyone is a "Content Creator" now, eh?

I just want to piggeyback on this and say it's a lot faster to read a paragraph than it is to watch a video - and easier to respond. 

I'm torn here because I don't begrudge anyone trying to do their thing on YouTube. This is a forum and I can just opt-out of those threads. 

But it just strikes me as a grift - it's not really about having a dialogue or contributing with new information, it's about getting your views up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I just want to piggeyback on this and say it's a lot faster to read a paragraph than it is to watch a video - and easier to respond. 

I'm torn here because I don't begrudge anyone trying to do their thing on YouTube. This is a forum and I can just opt-out of those threads. 

But it just strikes me as a grift - it's not really about having a dialogue or contributing with new information, it's about getting your views up.

Twitter is not centered around dialogue.

It is centered around being able to “publish” something wonder the presumption that everyone was waiting to hear what you said. It’s a self-aggrandizing platform meant to deliver dopamine kicks to the entire range of hoomans that are insecure thru toxically narcissistic.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Twitter is not centered around dialogue.

It is centered around being able to “publish” something wonder the presumption that everyone was waiting to hear what you said. It’s a self-aggrandizing platform meant to deliver dopamine kicks to the entire range of hoomans that are insecure thru toxically narcissistic.

I was talking about YouTube and the recent trend of new threads to bump YouTube views.

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

It's about something different for everybody.  For me it's about covering a topic that people are discussing while promoting and trying to grow the site, hoping it gets users to join and engage in the forums.

Edited by AFJF

48 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I was talking about YouTube and the recent trend of new threads to bump YouTube views.

Not a fan of other sites using JN to pump their views but Max is a pretty generous guy.  This is about getting views for a video that's promoting JetNation.

54 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Question for anyone who watched this... Does it have the "" energy for the whole video, or just at the onset?

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 2.57.48 PM.png

I think it's more of a "Drunk grandpa using Zoom or taking his Facebook profile photo and not knowing how to get his face properly in in the shot" vibe, myself.

• Haha 1

To me twitter and many other social media platforms has served a good purpose.  It has let me know that our society is far dumber than I originally thought and that instead of guffawing I really should be worried about the fate of the human race.

I will ponder this further but first I have to head back into the Deebo thread to see if there is anything new.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

To me twitter and many other social media platforms has served a good purpose.  It has let me know that our society is far dumber than I originally thought and that instead of guffawing I really should be worried about the fate of the human race.

I will ponder this further but first I have to head back into the Deebo thread to see if there is anything new.

Or were we always this dumb - but didn't have social media to prove it lol. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's about something different for everybody.  For me it's about covering a topic that people are discussing while promoting and trying to grow the site, hoping it gets users to join and engage in the forums.

40 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Not a fan of other sites using JN to pump their views but Max is a pretty generous guy.  This is about getting views for a video that's promoting JetNation.

I hear ya and I'm not tryna start problems. It's a good place here.