Becton carrying 400 lbs 40 feet article and video

14 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Fant is actually a good tackle. His stats are sound. Why can’t he be the starter for the next few years?

The Ram LT just retired what at 50?

I don't disagree.  But how much will Fant cost?  And, are the Jets sure that Becton is the guy for 2022 and beyond? I'm simply not convinced that they are based on the lukewarm comments that guys like Saleh have made about him.

Listen, I'd love to know that Becton and Fant can play at least 3-4 more years for the Jets.  If the Jets extend Fant then that's a good thing. I'd also love to use those first 4 picks in Rounds 1 and 2 on the myriad other needs the Jets have.

But I simply see some indications that people here are discounting.  JD is a guy who HEAVILY prioritizes OL.  He got lucky having Moses last year.  Without Moses then the offense may have fallen apart (is was already bad even with Moses).  JD's priority is supporting Wilson in Year 2.  He could have Elijah Moore, Tyreek Hill and Drake London running down the field but that does no good if the Jets are giving up 9 sacks in a game like they did when Connor McDermott started vs. Buffalo last year.

It's painful to use a #11 overall pick on OT in 2020, to trade up and use the #14 on OG last year, and then to have someone suggest we might still need to go OT early again.  I get it.  I don't WANT to do this, but I think the Jets might feel they HAVE to do it.  If they feel that Ickey is the #2 player in the Draft and he's there at #4, then I think they might pull the trigger knowing that they have the #10, #35 and #38 to hit other things.

In an ideal world the Jets extend Fant, they Draft a great RT/swing Tackle prospect at #38 or #69, and they let that rookie learn for a year behind both Becton and Fant.  It would give the Jets leverage in 2023 with Becton's 5th year option coming up and it would give the Jets flexibility to trade any one of them if they want.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

In an ideal world the Jets extend Fant, they Draft a great RT/swing Tackle prospect at #38 or #69, and they let that rookie learn for a year behind both Becton and Fant.  It would give the Jets leverage in 2023 with Becton's 5th year option coming up and it would give the Jets flexibility to trade any one of them if they want.

Sounds like a solid game plan.

We’ll see tomorrow 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Exercises to develop muscle strength for both the sheer advantage of strength and to provide joints and tendons protection from injury is a completely different animal. 

I'm not buying it.....  does it have benefits? Of course.  But, best he could do for his joints is drop 30-40 pounds.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

forgive me you vile vultures if this was already posted I did not see this. Might be a factor in who we draft. Does NOT look fat and out of shape

Jets' Mekhi Becton casually carrying over 400 pounds (audacy.com)

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

forgive me you vile vultures if this was already posted I did not see this. Might be a factor in who we draft. Does NOT look fat and out of shape

Jets' Mekhi Becton casually carrying over 400 pounds (audacy.com)

And that’s just his a$$

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

;)

We've all had that moment of weakness. Plus most of us have downed worse drinks than gravy. 

Over the years, I've heard reports of folks mainlining goose fat.   Surprisingly, it's heart healthy with a great proportion of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

At first glance this is what I saw, too. 

Anything else promising in the article, beyond correcting that misread of mine, is gravy (which Becton promptly drank, making it short-lived anyway).

Just occurred to me:  If we draft Sauce and give Becton the Gravy nickname, they can compete in a JN-sponsored Italian-American Gravy Or Sauce Challenge.

2 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

For those interested in the clip.

Big Effin deal, a weight room warrior...show up to Florham park, meet the new guys, profess your loyalty, run some sprints and lift some weights, say hey to Saleh, LaFleur and coach Benton... eat some food, take a dump and head home...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

hold on now!

Remember every single sound byte if Saleh talking about wanting guys that love ball.

He said “ball” as in football, not meatball. He was absolutely firing shots at Bectons-of-fun.

• Upvote 1