Jags reach deal with OT Cam Robinson, opening door to go Edge at #1?

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

You think Ickey is still a possibility? Walker seems to be the favorite now - I really hope so.

Would love for the Jags to take Walker.  Maybe Ickey is off the table now for the Jags.

This whole thing about Hutchinson potentially sliding to the Jets due to circumstances is wild, but stranger things have happened.  Just knowing that there's even a 30% chance Hutch falls will get us geeked up tomorrow night.

IF Goodell gets up there and announces Walker as the first pick then this message board is going to lose its mind.

5 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

How does Cam figures impact a deal with Fant? There definitely an age gap for one and we should also be a little less desperate then the Jags and we have Becton. 

$18M per year for Cam?  Can't imagine JD paying that much to Fant.

Let's remember that one factor playing into the whole Darnold trade was getting rid of his Cap $$ and restarting with a QB on a rookie deal.  JD is always conscious of the $$$.  If he can let Fant go after this 2022 season because he has a rookie OT on cheap deal, he might do it.  Same reason that I'm a firm believer the Jets hit LB in Round 2 to get a guy that replaces Mosley by 2023.

41 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

$18M per year for Cam?  Can't imagine JD paying that much to Fant.

Let's remember that one factor playing into the whole Darnold trade was getting rid of his Cap $$ and restarting with a QB on a rookie deal.  JD is always conscious of the $$$.  If he can let Fant go after this 2022 season because he has a rookie OT on cheap deal, he might do it.  Same reason that I'm a firm believer the Jets hit LB in Round 2 to get a guy that replaces Mosley by 2023.

Tend to agree with you on the linebacker reset.

I like Mosely but there is zero chance he is here at anything close to his current contract next year. Some decent talent in this draft, especially with a year to learn.

• Upvote 1