Aidan Hutchinson available at 4? Edit (currently betting favorite to be Jets pick)

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

What's your thinking? Saints two first round picks for #4?

Yeah they tend to do aggressive stuff and have a big tackle need, 16 and 19 for 4 gets them ahead of the Giants and Panthers who both need tackles.

• Upvote 2

This is an overreaction to the belief that the Jaguars are passing on him for Travon Walker. Now it’s “Hutchinson sliiiiides!” Balke is going to pass on him because he has a weird redline for arm length, and Hutchinson’s are short for an EDGE. Draft bros can’t come to grips with the thought of a Thibodeaux slide out of the top five, so they’re all picking any slot they can to make him a top five pick. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is an overreaction to the belief that the Jaguars are passing on him for Travon Walker. Now it’s “Hutchinson sliiiiides!” Balke is going to pass on him because he has a weird redline for arm length, and Hutchinson’s are short for an EDGE. Draft bros can’t come to grips with the thought of a Thibodeaux slide out of the top five, so they’re all picking any slot they can to make him a top five pick. 

Pretty much every draft bro has Hutchinson ahead of Thibs and has for months.

Hutchinson ticks just about every box. I find it absurd that Walker would go ahead of him when Hutch tested superbly in athleticism as well. I will say I’m not at all surprised to see a team fall in love with Stingley so high. 

Scenes when Hutchinson makes it #4 and we pick Jermaine Johnson.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The biggest problem with Thibedeux besides the motor concerns are that if he busts the pajama boys will blame everyone besides him for sucking. Look at Becton now. His career is basically toast and the blogosphere is still 2 years behind.

This is loss lose for the Jets and not worth the headache for a team that’s already a giant headache.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

The biggest problem with Thibedeux besides the motor concerns are that if he busts the pajama boys will blame everyone besides him for sucking. This is loss lose for the Jets and not worth the headache for a team that’s already a giant headache.

I was listening to a couple of draft pods again today and the new universal narrative has become, “So what if he has a personality and likes cryptocurrency? These old-heads in the league don’t understand Gen Z.” 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was listening to a couple of draft pods again today and the new universal narrative has become, “So what if he has a personality and likes cryptocurrency? These old-heads in the league don’t understand Gen Z.” 

“All these old heads want to do is win”

Just now, Matt39 said:

“All these old heads want to do is win”

The Jaguars, Lions, Texans, Jets, and Giants beat guys have all said that their teams want no part of Thibodeaux. Either it’s a series of elaborate smokescreens or the guy is just widely considered to be a high-maintenance primadonna. I don’t undertand the need to run to his defense against these claims. It’s weird

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is not exactly the Willis thing you and I were discussing, but potentially just more fence swings early. Hutchinson is a line drive in the gap and if it goes Walker-Thibodeaux-Stingley then those first three teams are trying to put the ball in the seats.

• Upvote 2

The Jaguars, Lions, Texans, Jets, and Giants beat guys have all said that their teams want no part of Thibodeaux. Either it’s a series of elaborate smokescreens or the guy is just widely considered to be a high-maintenance primadonna. I don’t undertand the need to run to his defense against these claims. It’s weird

I think smokescreen.  I think teams want him to fly past the jets. 

2 minutes ago, derp said:

This is not exactly the Willis thing you and I were discussing, but potentially just more fence swings early. Hutchinson is a line drive in the gap and if it goes Walker-Thibodeaux-Stingley then those first three teams are trying to put the ball in the seats.

I’m imagining these teams might feel like this right now, but I’ll be curious to see what they do when they’re up at bat tomorrow night and have the choice put in front of them. Hitting a double can keep you employed for a long time in the nfl

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Gonna be wild when we pass on Hutchinson for Ekwonu. 

I think that might be the most disappointed I'll have been on draft day. Didn't you have Cross as their top tackle?

If all three tackles are sitting there at 4 and Douglas desperately needs one then just work out a deal with Carolina to move from 10 to 6. I truly hope this tackle stuff is a smokescreen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think smokescreen.  I think teams want him to fly past the jets. 

I’m sure there are teams lower in the first that would like him, but don’t like him enough to trade up for him, which is why he’s probably not worth drafting in the top five in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

I’m imagining these teams might feel like this right now, but I’ll be curious to see what they do when they’re up at bat tomorrow night and have the choice put in front of them. Hitting a double can keep you employed for a long time in the nfl

I will counter by saying that I think at the top of the draft the doubles look like Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams, and Quinnen Williams. Mike Maccagnan was Mister Two Bagger.

Williams is making what, $20M a year on a second contract and Adams $18M? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, derp said:

I will counter by saying that I think at the top of the draft the doubles look like Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams, and Quinnen Williams. Mike Maccagnan was Mister Two Bagger.

I just dry-heaved. I would only counter your counter by saying that I think Hutchinson is a better player than Adams, Leonard, and Quinnen. I hated the Adams and Quinnen picks, personally. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There's definitely too much smoke for there not to be some fire. 

But I also think perceptions set in early, and in hindsight, some of these draft narratives turn out to be complete horsesh*t, or at least wildly overblown, 2-3 years down the road. 

He still has the quickest first step in the draft and still has the athletic profile to be a good NFL pass rusher. He also has a good pass rush win rate, which is always a good barometer to look at in the NFL. I see why a lot of NFL coaches would be interested. There is definitely a universe where Thibs has a bunch of sacks next year and we look back on this and fee like idiots for passing on him. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

I just dry-heaved. I would only counter your counter by saying that I think Hutchinson is a better player than Adams, Leonard, and Quinnen. I hated the Adams and Quinnen picks, personally. 

Huchinson's a pretty boring, safe prospect at a premium position who's probably being overthought. But Walker and Thibodeaux are more explosive at the same premium position, and someone was going to fall in love with Stingley who also has a ton of upside and plays a premium position. 

Hutchinson's more appealing than the former Jets draft picks - all of which I hated - as he plays a premium position and is a better athlete. But boring sometimes slides a little. He's my favorite prospect in the draft for the Jets, but I think it's pretty cut and dry if 1-3 goes the way it's currently projected that those three all have higher ceilings.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

If you told me that there was even the slightest chance that we could get Hutchinson at 4 and trade for Deebo with the 10, I would have told you that it would be my dream 1st round - a dream I would never dare to allow myself to have... until now.  

F*** everyone for setting me up for another Darnold-level heartbreak.  F*** you all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1