Aidan Hutchinson available at 4? Edit (currently betting favorite to be Jets pick)

If Hutch does fall to #4, would that open up a chance to trade down for something good?  I have to be vague on "good" because it sounds like a bunch of teams in the top 10 want to trade down.  But would Hutch be enticing enough for a team to make a big splash to acquire him?

That would be my preferred scenario. 

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Unpopular opinion here, but if Hutchinson falls to 2 I think the Jets should give up 10 to move up for him. He’s the only guy that’s legit graded a top 10 pick in the draft. And I’m not even gaga for the guy, but this draft ******* sucks.

I'm fine with trading up for Hutch but not with #10. Isnt #35 and a 5th enough to move up 2 freakin spots?

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Hutch does fall to #4, would that open up a chance to trade down for something good?  I have to be vague on "good" because it sounds like a bunch of teams in the top 10 want to trade down.  But would Hutch be enticing enough for a team to make a big splash to acquire him?

That would be my preferred scenario. 

I'd be super, super, super, super pissed if we traded out with a chance to take Hutchinson. 

We have plenty of picks. We need an impact edge rusher to pair with Lawson. Premium position, the most pro ready edge prospect, position of need, don't overthink it!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'd be super, super, super, super pissed if we traded out with a chance to take Hutchinson. 

We have plenty of picks. We need an impact edge rusher to pair with Lawson. Premium position, the most pro ready edge prospect, position of need, don't overthink it!

My feeling is that a lot of these types of guys with massive hype end up being mediocre.  Clowney was supposed to be amazing but he's been on 4 teams by age 28.  

If it's not a potential FQB then I'd be more inclined to trade down.  I'd rather let some other GM salivate over the guy and send us a bunch of lottery tickets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I want no part of Hutch.  Almost every player from that school ends up overrated and underperforming.  In fact I'd stay away from any B10 players in the first round in general the level of play is so much lower than the southern schools.  I mean look how many Ohio State busts we have drafted alone and they are the best of the B10.  This coming from a huge B10 (-1) fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

I want no part of Hutch.  Almost every player from that school ends up overrated and underperforming.  In fact I'd stay away from any B10 players in the first round in general the level of play is so much lower than the southern schools.  I mean look how many Ohio State busts we have drafted alone and they are the best of the B10.  This coming from a huge B10 (-1) fan.

Sounds like a completely non biased opinion coming from you 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

It’s interesting to look back https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft

The  first 2 rounds are a disaster.  Lots of horrific picks.  The Redskins got Sherff ( ACC) at pick 5.  He may have been the best player in the draft 

Interesting draft. Disappointing QBs up top, but a lot of good players taken later on. Not a strong draft early, but zaDarius Smith, Danielle Hunter, Steffon Diggs, Amari Cooper, Todd Gurley, Tyler Lockett, Laken Tomlinson, Melvin Gordon etc. later  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Nope, you don't ask why. If you haven't done your homework by now you are screwed. You think they're going to reevaluate everything they just spent a zillion hours examining? Hell no. You go by what YOU think not by what other people think. Most picks are the wrong ones anyhow. :)  Come draft night you stick to your board.

I wasn't referring to the team, but the fans. If Hutchinson starts falling and there is a reason behind it, the Jets may pass too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

this guy is historically the best “mock drafter” in the biz 

This would cause me many a headache.

If this happens, big chance Linderbaum falls to us at 35. I don't think I want to turn that down.

Hutch, WR, Linderbaum is a dream opening 3. 

If we can get Hutch at 4, I'll be happy with that.

Yes, he is probably more Chris Long or Ryan Kerrigan rather than a Bosa or a Watt, but I'll take that in this draft.

To me, he's the surest thing amongst the top pass-rushers and is more or less a cert to have a long and productive NFL career.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1