Jump to content

Aidan Hutchinson available at 4? Edit (currently betting favorite to be Jets pick)


Rhg1084
 Share

Recommended Posts

If Hutch does fall to #4, would that open up a chance to trade down for something good?  I have to be vague on "good" because it sounds like a bunch of teams in the top 10 want to trade down.  But would Hutch be enticing enough for a team to make a big splash to acquire him?

That would be my preferred scenario. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Unpopular opinion here, but if Hutchinson falls to 2 I think the Jets should give up 10 to move up for him. He’s the only guy that’s legit graded a top 10 pick in the draft. And I’m not even gaga for the guy, but this draft ******* sucks.

I'm fine with trading up for Hutch but not with #10. Isnt #35 and a 5th enough to move up 2 freakin spots?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Hutch does fall to #4, would that open up a chance to trade down for something good?  I have to be vague on "good" because it sounds like a bunch of teams in the top 10 want to trade down.  But would Hutch be enticing enough for a team to make a big splash to acquire him?

That would be my preferred scenario. 

I'd be super, super, super, super pissed if we traded out with a chance to take Hutchinson. 

 

We have plenty of picks. We need an impact edge rusher to pair with Lawson. Premium position, the most pro ready edge prospect, position of need, don't overthink it!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'd be super, super, super, super pissed if we traded out with a chance to take Hutchinson. 

 

We have plenty of picks. We need an impact edge rusher to pair with Lawson. Premium position, the most pro ready edge prospect, position of need, don't overthink it!

My feeling is that a lot of these types of guys with massive hype end up being mediocre.  Clowney was supposed to be amazing but he's been on 4 teams by age 28.  

If it's not a potential FQB then I'd be more inclined to trade down.  I'd rather let some other GM salivate over the guy and send us a bunch of lottery tickets.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want no part of Hutch.  Almost every player from that school ends up overrated and underperforming.  In fact I'd stay away from any B10 players in the first round in general the level of play is so much lower than the southern schools.  I mean look how many Ohio State busts we have drafted alone and they are the best of the B10.  This coming from a huge B10 (-1) fan.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

I want no part of Hutch.  Almost every player from that school ends up overrated and underperforming.  In fact I'd stay away from any B10 players in the first round in general the level of play is so much lower than the southern schools.  I mean look how many Ohio State busts we have drafted alone and they are the best of the B10.  This coming from a huge B10 (-1) fan.

Sounds like a completely non biased opinion coming from you 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

It’s interesting to look back https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft

The  first 2 rounds are a disaster.  Lots of horrific picks.  The Redskins got Sherff ( ACC) at pick 5.  He may have been the best player in the draft 

Interesting draft. Disappointing QBs up top, but a lot of good players taken later on. Not a strong draft early, but zaDarius Smith, Danielle Hunter, Steffon Diggs, Amari Cooper, Todd Gurley, Tyler Lockett, Laken Tomlinson, Melvin Gordon etc. later  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Nope, you don't ask why. If you haven't done your homework by now you are screwed. You think they're going to reevaluate everything they just spent a zillion hours examining? Hell no. You go by what YOU think not by what other people think. Most picks are the wrong ones anyhow. :)  Come draft night you stick to your board.

I wasn't referring to the team, but the fans. If Hutchinson starts falling and there is a reason behind it, the Jets may pass too.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

this guy is historically the best “mock drafter” in the biz 

 

This would cause me many a headache.

If this happens, big chance Linderbaum falls to us at 35. I don't think I want to turn that down.

Hutch, WR, Linderbaum is a dream opening 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ScouserJet said:

 

This would cause me many a headache.

If this happens, big chance Linderbaum falls to us at 35. I don't think I want to turn that down.

Hutch, WR, Linderbaum is a dream opening 3. 

Hutch, Deeb, Lindy I would eat my colostomy bag

(Wrong thread, I know, I know)

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we can get Hutch at 4, I'll be happy with that.

Yes, he is probably more Chris Long or Ryan Kerrigan rather than a Bosa or a Watt, but I'll take that in this draft.

To me, he's the surest thing amongst the top pass-rushers and is more or less a cert to have a long and productive NFL career.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He’s going to be a Lion unfortunately. Campbell signing off on Thibadeux seems extremely unlikely.

I could see Thibodeax biting kneecaps. Or shooting them, if you believe that Chad Forbes guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...