### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Alright I am dropping my Sauce mandate. I think he's going to be really good.

But if round one goes edge the. Wr I should be happy.

If round two doesn't happen because deebo was traded here then I'd be happy again.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Charlotte Jets fans have had a Draft get together since 2010 and tonight I'll go to the club, hang with the guys, see how bad we fukk this up and this year , assuming no trades, we have two picks, so I'll probably uber there and drown out my sorrows. :)

Please Lord, don't let them fukk this up.

No box safeties in round 1. :)

I'd love Ickey and Thibo.

• Upvote 3

#4 - If it's Jermaine Johnson I'm bringing out the whiskey to drown my sorrows. If it's Aiden Hutchinson I'm bringing out the whiskey to celebrate. Johnson is the only conceivable pick that I'll hate. I do like the tackle prospects but if we go with one it will be annoying to see Becton has pretty much washed out. I think the Sauce stuff is all smoke even though I love the prospect. It feels like Ekwonu or Johnson which is depressing. If Thibs falls to us and we pass on him I can see that being a gaffe that will live with us for a long time. 

#10 - I think the Deebo dream is dead. I wouldn't want Johnson here either and I'm very torn on Drake London, think he's a boom/bust type that's too big a risk at this point. If it's WR here my choice would be Williams and then Wilson. I think they've a lot more tools to succeed at the next level. The latter does feel like a bit of a reach at that point. I'm not sure who mentioned it previously on here when they said Devin Lloyd is that guy we'll look at and wonder how/why we passed and I completely agree. I do think it's possible given how things are being projected that one of the tackles falls to this spot - So we could grab our Becton replacement even if we go elsewhere at 4. 

Ideal - Hutchinson/Williams

Nightmare - Johnson/London

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I'm just not buying the Sauce at 4 stuff.  Yes, a great prospect and a player I like, and he has been linked to the Jets by just about everyone, but I just don't see it.

Saleh just doesn't seem to place a premium on man-cover CBs, his scheme is all about hitting the QB early and often.

What's also amazing to me is how bought in people are to a CB at 4.  I'm old enough to remember when CB wasn't a "premium position"...usually around the same time that Revis was looking for a new contract.

For me, it's edge at 4 (assuming one is there that the Jets like, hopefully Hutch or Thibs), then WR (Wilson my pick, Jets may prefer London or even pull a shocker with Olave.  Can't see us picking Williams).

Anyway....it's Draft Day!!!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I couldn’t sleep so now I’m up 2 hours before I’m due in at work, and my office is literally 5 minutes away from home.

We made it fellas.

I was wide awake at 4am running through various pick combinations.  Managed to fit a 10k run in before work (brain still full of draft projections the whole time), and now I'm at work reading the latest mock drafts and watching NFL Network draft stuff on my phone.

I'm already exhausted, and we are still more than 12 hours away from the first pick.  Can definitely foresee the need for a nap (dreaming of our picks) before the Commish walks across the stage tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I was wide awake at 4am running through various pick combinations.  Managed to fit a 10k run in before work (brain still full of draft projections the whole time), and now I'm at work reading the latest mock drafts and watching NFL Network draft stuff on my phone.

I'm already exhausted, and we are still more than 12 hours away from the first pick.  Can definitely foresee the need for a nap (dreaming of our picks) before the Commish walks across the stage tonight.

I’m driving 10k to work, does that count?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think we end up with Ekwonu and Deebo, and Becton gets moved for a two, which we use to move back into the first for Karlaftis.

Only way I’m good with taking a ******* tackle at 4 is if we deal Becton for a minimum 2nd rounder