### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think we end up with Ekwonu and Deebo, and Becton gets moved for a two, which we use to move back into the first for Karlaftis.

I wonder if JD/Saleh are going truly go SF D . Their two best guys are Bosa and Warner. Edge at 4 and Devon Lloyd at 10? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

I wonder if JD/Saleh are going truly go SF D . Their two best guys are Bosa and Warner. Edge at 4 and Devon Lloyd at 10? 

I think 10 goes back to SF for Deebo. My thought is that Douglas is in too deep to back out now, and if Deebo ends up anywhere else, it’s a catastrophe inside Florham Park. They’re going to end up handing him $80 mil guaranteed to make it work. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Seriously? You think Deebo thing gets done today or tonight during the draft? 

I think the Jets are just too desperate to not get it done at this point. It’s like Kyrie with the Nets. They’re backed into a corner

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think the Jets are just too desperate to not get it done at this point. It’s like Kyrie with the Nets. They’re backed into a corner

I disagree about this.  I think douglas values his picks too much to overbid.  I think thibs at 4 after ickey at 3 (not buying the cb at 3 chatter), then wr at 10.  And i wouldn’t be surprised if the wr is wilson after london goes 8.

Neal and Hamilton.  Not sexy but two guys who will be very good for a long time and will be the best NFL players on the board when we pick without a trade.   I could see the Giants ending up with both of them which will piss me off.  

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fair, but I think San Fran realizes the 10th  pick in this draft isn’t all that valuable. Not sure Joe will go any higher to get it done minus a save face swap of thirds or some other arbitrary nothing move. I’d guess San Fran is spending more time today talking to Debo’s agent than Joe Douglas today. Just a hunch. We will see. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I disagree about this.  I think douglas values his picks too much to overbid.  I think thibs at 4 after ickey at 3 (not buying the cb at 3 chatter), then wr at 10.  And i wouldn’t be surprised if the wr is wilson after london goes 8.

Connor Hughes is adamant that the Jets want zero part of Thibodeaux

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hopefully:

4 - Walker, then Thibodeaux, then Gardner. I also could see an OL if they are moving Becton.

10 - Jameson Williams, then edge if not taken at 4

I read a description of Williams being "the most like Tyreek Hill in this draft". Good enough for me and I don't care if he misses half of this year. The Jets are not making the playoffs anyway.

Please no Drake London. Does not separate, is not fast enough and just looks meh to me. Same with Hamilton. Can get safeties much later.