### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, Vader said:

This does mean that there must be some good intel on Becton that they would risk their #1 OT being selected before 10.

One of the 3 top OT will be available at 10 now unless there is a run on all of them.

it just makes sense to give Becton this year to see what he is. draft his backup in rd 3 in case he fails. you cant give up on a #1 pick after 2 years.

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

Douglas gave free agent money to Whitehead (a safety) and DJ Reed (cornerback) and then spends his first draft pick on another DB. Don't think it's the best allocation of resources, personally.

That's fair. But people are wayyyyy under stating how bad that unit was. 

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

We’re really gonna draft JJ at 10 ? 

Even though I've never heard of the guy until 3 weeks ago, I'm going to latch onto one stat that @Irish Jet posted that showed he had a super low pas rush win rate in college, and that typically correlates to success in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Douglas to Saleh: "Hey coach, which position can I ignore in this draft?"

Saleh: "I'd say the secondary. With my great d-line, I just don't need great DBs"

Douglas: "OK:

"With the 4th pick in the 2022 draft, the NY Jets select: "SAUCE"!!!

Saleh (under his breath): "WTF????"

haha thats the way it goes!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Sauce is a pretty low risk pick… I get it. You always need bodies in the secondary and truth is, you are talking about a lockdown secondary if they can stabilize safety.

Also, Sauce could bring something like 3-4 sacks a year. It’s what he does.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm not even upset about Sauce.

I legit know nothing about the other prospects, lol.

WR, LB and Edge are the deepest positions in this draft class. It’s realistic to think we could find a starting edge or LB in any of our next 3 picks. WR would be a guy that becomes an eventual starter.

OL is deep too. Not sure if D1 startes though.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, docdhc said:

There are still edge rushers left that could be as good or better than KT but Sauce was clearly the best corner. The secondary will be infinitely better than last year. 

How anyone could be disappointed in taking this kid are blind. Our secondary was pathetic. And still needs upgrades. It will be light years better with Sauce, Reed, Joyner and Whitehead. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Are you kidding ??? The Giants just drafted Vernon Gholston and left Ickey on the board.  Their new GM is as bad as their previous GM

They're guaranteed the 2nd OL on their board at worst. If they wanted an edge and OL, it would be stupid to go OL at 5 and hope Thibs fell to 7

1 minute ago, doitny said:

it just makes sense to give Becton this year to see what he is. draft his backup in rd 3 in case he fails. you cant give up on a #1 pick after 2 years.

OT should be available too the way this draft has gone…..

Jets very well could go OT at 10 too…and then they’d have the best CB in the draft and a top 3 OT.  That will tell us everything we need to know about Becton.

Just now, JTJet said:

That's fair. But people are wayyyyy under stating how bad that unit was. 

then WTF didnt they bring in a vet last year...Salah saying he didnt want vet to take snaps away from the kids so they can get experience...experience for WHAT to ride the bench this year... i mean WTF - they made us watch that sh*tshow so the kids can get better no?

I think Saleh is a BS artist

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maynard13 said:

How anyone could be disappointed in taking this kid are blind. Our secondary was pathetic. And still needs upgrades. It will be light years better with Sauce, Reed, Joyner and Whitehead. 

Insane that people are upset. Even if you wanted someone else, Sauce was highest rated player for his position in the draft. Important skill position. We got a lockdown corner. Half of the backfield just got taken care of on defense, stoked!

• Sympathy 1