### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Integrity28 said:

WR, LB and Edge are the deepest positions in this draft class. It’s realistic to think we could find a starting edge or LB in any of our next 3 picks. WR would be a guy that becomes an eventual starter.

OL is deep too. Not sure if D1 startes though.

That's good to know, and mostly why I was hoping for a trade down from either 4 or 10. Give up a high pick where there's less stars, and load up on those later picks where it's deeper. More darts.

Still hope we trade #10 for Deebo, though.

1 minute ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Insane that people are upset. Even if you wanted someone else, Sauce was highest rated player for his position in the draft. Important skill position. We got a lockdown corner. Half of the backfield just got taken care of on defense, stoked!

I was sure Texans would take Sauce then we’d have taken JJ. I don’t think Saleh wanted Stingley or Thibs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

then WTF didnt they bring in a vet last year...Salah saying he didnt want vet to take snaps away from the kids so they can get experience...experience for WHAT to ride the bench this year... i mean WTF - they made us watch that sh*tshow so the kids can get better no?

I think Saleh is a BS artist

They made us watch that sh*tshow because the front office sucks in general. 

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm fine with this pick.  At the start of the draft process I was dead set against taking a CB high but this guy seems to be the cleanest prospect in the draft.  As far as traits, combine workouts, production on the field and seemingly character.

Can we stop with this ‘cleanest prospect’ stuff?

a good edge or a chance at one if  out makes the whole D better. Modern day NFL, one good CB?  Not so much. 

whatever…CB at 4 in our situation IMO is a LOSer 

• Sympathy 1