### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Put me in the pro London group. 
Yeah he’s slow, but I just think he’s a chain moving/red zone scoring machine that’s just learning the game. 

He will get better at his route running, which is already pretty good around the line of scrimmage, and will find ways to convert once he gets on the same page as his quarterback.

I think I'm going to be disappointed when we don't end up with Jameson Williams.  I have a lot of confidence in JD but I'd be pretty bummed if JD thinks JW is the best WR but doesn't take him because he'll be out a few weeks at the start of the season.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think I'm going to be disappointed when we don't end up with Jameson Williams.  I have a lot of confidence in JD but I'd be pretty bummed if JD thinks JW is the best WR but doesn't take him because he'll be out a few weeks at the start of the season.  

The injury will not deter Joe D from taking him.  Joe D is a big picture guy.  He could care less if Williams isnt a go till Oct/Nov. 

This is all building toward 2023 when we become one of the best teams in the league and overtake the Bills in the AFC East.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yeah he’s slow, but I just think he’s a chain moving/red zone scoring machine that’s just learning the game. 

He will get better at his route running, which is already pretty good around the line of scrimmage, and will find ways to convert once he gets on the same page as his quarterback.

I'm a Williams guy - but I like London a lot, would prefer him over Wilson by a lot...and if the Jets just are too risk averse to taking Williams early then London is my guy.

IMO, He is likely to have the most immediate impact on Zach.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

After months and months of Sauce and JJ, I've now decided I want Thibs and Jordan Davis. 

FTW

I love the idea of Jordan Davis and Mekhi Becton side-by-side on the exercise bikes. 800lbs of regret.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I think 10 goes back to SF for Deebo. My thought is that Douglas is in too deep to back out now, and if Deebo ends up anywhere else, it’s a catastrophe inside Florham Park. They’re going to end up handing him $80 mil guaranteed to make it work. 

Becton and a 2 might get it done.  Becton is a top 15 pick this year and SF is desperate for OL help.   The team has a lot of needs.  Douglas has been waiting for this draft and he's not giving up 2 picks in the first round unless he's trading them for more picks.  

It's obvious Saleh and Becton aren't on the same page.  That doesn't mean he has no value.  He's a young LT will good NFL tape.  An egocentric NFL HC will buy into his upside.

13 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Lol man we might actually get Sauce and JJ 

haha!  Which I'd obviously be fine w/ ultimately.  

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I love the idea of Jordan Davis and Mekhi Becton side-by-side on the exercise bikes. 800lbs of regret.

I love the idea of how nasty Saleh can get with a DL that includes Davis and Thibs.  From 1st to 3rd down, the Jets would suddenly have a scary front.  They cant get beefy to play the run w/ JFM/Davis/Williams/Lawson and they can get nasty on 3rd w/ Thibs/JFM or Davis/Williams/Lawson and that's they type of front that makes this D click for Saleh.  

I'd also like to preface, now that I've put this out there, this is most certainly not going to happen, so if you hate the idea of Thibs and Davis, you're welcome.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

34 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I was wide awake at 4am running through various pick combinations.  Managed to fit a 10k run in before work (brain still full of draft projections the whole time), and now I'm at work reading the latest mock drafts and watching NFL Network draft stuff on my phone.

I'm already exhausted, and we are still more than 12 hours away from the first pick.  Can definitely foresee the need for a nap (dreaming of our picks) before the Commish walks across the stage tonight.

The 12pm nap in the parking lot is gonna be lit.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The injury will not deter Joe D from taking him.  Joe D is a big picture guy.  He could care less if Williams isnt a go till Oct/Nov. 

This is all building toward 2023 when we become one of the best teams in the league and overtake the Bills in the AFC East.

Moar injured players please!!! Ok, honestly  this is one I’d be ok with because of the tremendous upside. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Becton and a 2 might get it done.  Becton is a top 15 pick this year and SF is desperate for OL help.   The team has a lot of needs.  Douglas has been waiting for this draft and he's not giving up 2 picks in the first round unless he's trading them for more picks.  

It's obvious Saleh and Becton aren't on the same page.  That doesn't mean he has no value.  He's a young LT will good NFL tape.  An egocentric NFL HC will buy into his upside.

Shanahan isn’t going to trade for a tackle who clearly can’t play in his scheme, and all they’re really missing on that OL is a guard.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I think a good comp for London is Michael Thomas. But, like Michael Thomas, that brand of receiver spends his life on IR. It’s hard to make a living running slants to the middle of the field

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

haha!  Which I'd obviously be fine w/ ultimately.  

I love the idea of how nasty Saleh can get with a DL that includes Davis and Thibs.  From 1st to 3rd down, the Jets would suddenly have a scary front.  They cant get beefy to play the run w/ JFM/Davis/Williams/Lawson and they can get nasty on 3rd w/ Thibs/JFM or Davis/Williams/Lawson and that's they type of front that makes this D click for Saleh.  

I'd also like to preface, now that I've put this out there, this is most certainly not going to happen, so if you hate the idea of Thibs and Davis, you're welcome.

In the mock thread, I mocked Travon and JJ to the Jets with the same thing in mind. At least in one of my flirtations. I did a bunch.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think a good comp for London is Michael Thomas. But, like Michael Thomas, that brand of receiver spends his life on IR. It’s hard to make a living running slants to the middle of the field

Thomas had 4 healthy seasons and then an ankle in year 5.  His brand of play has nothing to do with it.  Its football

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shanahan isn’t going to trade for a tackle who clearly can’t play in his scheme, and all they’re really missing on that OL is a guard.

Wait, you have to consider how the trade work for the other team when insisting they want our trash and our trash is actually super-valuable?

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Some truth to that, but you could counter with Boldin or Keenan Allen, who have been pretty available (Allen had one serious injury a while back).  And even Thomas missed just one game in his first four seasons.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

5 years 510 receptions, 5950 yards recieving, 32 TD's.  If London is Michael Thomas he's going in the top 5.  

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Everyone has pegged Lynch for holding up a Deebo deal by asking for too much compensation.  Maybe JD is really the holdup since he'd need to know he has Ekwonu at #4 before trading Becton...

Just now, Bungaman said:

My prediction: move out of four (trade with the Saints or Eagles), pick best edge at 10, WR and DT or LB in the teens, then what wasn't selected (DT or LB) plus RB in round 2. 

I love this.

JJ, Devin Lloyd, and WR in R1.

Edge again and OT in R2.

Rest of draft: RB, TE, CB and S

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Considering Becton was injured in the 1st Q or his 1st game in this system, did nothing wrong other than get rolled up on, how exactly does anyone know this other than to just say it?  

• Upvote 2