### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

If we move up JJ, you know that they love him, especially Saleh

Same with Hamilton (I don't see that happening though)

I still want the kid from PSU over Hamilton.  However, the father he falls the less I think that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet25 said:

better secondary that can cover gives our DL a tad bit more time to get to the QB. We could get Edge in 2nd round

Hall has played well and they got Reed in FA. The secondary WAS improved.  It’s an odd pick imo. Sauce is great, don’t get me wrong, but this is a redundant pick. Passing games are so quick now that great coverage is less valuable especially with the rules that favor offense. 

Not pissed or anything, just disagree with you and the pick. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

too many holes to fill..........just wait for the second round  edge & LB 

Agree. The Jets have their starting line for the season 5 guys across. They don’t have a pair of edge rushers and really need a LB. 

On the OL they could use on the line is a bit better tackle depth, but the 1st two rounds is early for that, especially with ~10 veteran FA tackles still out there (plenty adequate to give Becton another chance to show what he’s made of this year). But there are starting tackles who come out every single year, and even if they don’t feel like extending McGovern, centers are hardly an endangered species either.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Ravens traded Hollywood Brown to Arizona.  I'm surprised. Who is in the WR room for Baltimore?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kyle Hamilton

No, but in all seriousness....they did just use a 1st rounder on Rashod Bateman in 2021, and a 3rd on Devin Duvernay in 2020.  

15 minutes ago, docdhc said:

It’s a passing league and they get the best corner, the consensus cleanest player in the draft, and the top rated WR by many experts, and this shows they aren’t trying to win a super bowl?  Your logic escapes  me. 

This was CLEARLY a Woodsy Johnson run draft.

10 wins max team.  

I know a lot of Jet fans are happy with it....and I say good for them.  We'll be competitive but have no chance at winning a Super Bowl.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2